BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

£175 quid as the cheapest one, bloody hell!!! I defo think BST have got to be in with a chance and R&L aren't getting them as well without one header being smaller which it will be.

RHCP - GnR - Foals & Disclosure

Would be the most logical.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

RHCP - GnR - Foals & Disclosure

Would be the most logical.

I don't even think I'd even consider not grabbing a ticket for that. I still think BST is very plausible too but I think if they did both they would have to be announced by next week to sell tickets on the Friday ready for R&L end of the month. I think lucky may know where they are playing mind.

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

The varying capacities were in the original licence from the council when the festivals were first approved, I remember checking it online. It was definitely 3 at each, as was mentioned earlier. 

I dunno if they've stuck to that or if the council have since decided to be more lenient, mind. 

The agreement currently is still 3 x 65k and 3 x 50k

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I still don't see them having LCD.

So come on Scottie, GNR for R&L/BST or both?

I have no idea, but my thinking would be that Reading wouldn't want to pour £3 million of their budget into one headliner, who would turn up late, and risk curfew. That would undoubtedly be popular but would result in a lot of one day ticket sales, and what would they do with the other 2 days. BST as it's a one day event makes more sense. I wouldn't have thought LCD would fit in with the BST style line-ups - but then they do seem to have a dartboard booking policy - though I'd have thought they would be after Daft Punk themselves next year.

12 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

I have no idea, but my thinking would be that Reading wouldn't want to pour £3 million of their budget into one headliner, who would turn up late, and risk curfew. That would undoubtedly be popular but would result in a lot of one day ticket sales, and what would they do with the other 2 days. BST as it's a one day event makes more sense. I wouldn't have thought LCD would fit in with the BST style line-ups - but then they do seem to have a dartboard booking policy - though I'd have thought they would be after Daft Punk themselves next year.

True, might even be close to £4 million given two shows at the possible $3 million exchange. HP being London though surely will have a stricter curfew on sound than R&L, it was okay for Blur last year now but it has a bad rep for it. The only way around the curfew of being late is their own shows entirely,

Yeah getting Daft Punk would be massive compared to LCD.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The fact 2011 Wireless was 30k, 2010 wasn't going to be suddenly 50k :L.

After big names bar Taylor went for £2.50 a ticket, I don't think AEG do it without knowing they won't but I do think for UK gigs they will invest in much bigger here than LCD, they are sub level at very best.

So after getting Sabbath, The Strokes, Take That, Flo, Mumford, Blur, Taylor.....they then get LCD, yeah fookin right, what cloud are you on lol.

Efestivals have 65k on their listings, I haven't seen anything else to the contrary but you you can't blame for for using that beings this site does? 

Haha, once again I'm wrong lmao. It's a non goer, Neils got Lovebox with very good info and which books much smaller headers now than BST and you're pulling this lol. 

The capacity of Hyde Park has always varied depending on the event, it's not a hard concept to grasp. The varying capacity & license agreement was pretty heavily discussed on this board at the time when LiveNation decided not to renew the deal for Hyde Park. 

The lovebox info turned out to be false did it not? So I wouldn't count on that. 

LCD Soundsystem with a strong undercard & some sort of exclusivity wouldn't sell any worse than the Strokes did last year. Granted it's never going to be a sell out but if AEG have signed them up to a worldwide deal (that's an assumption not a fact) then it's not totally unrealistic to think that they might be doing BST. 

Personally I hope that they don't play BST . They'd be much better suited to headlining Bestival or Latitude. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Haha, once again I'm wrong lmao. It's a non goer, Neils got Lovebox with very good info and which books much smaller headers now than BST and you're pulling this lol. 

That info came from oneoftherest from the R&L section, who promotes shitty tiny gigs in Sheffield and whose info has never been correct. 

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

That info came from oneoftherest from the R&L section, who promotes shitty tiny gigs in Sheffield and whose info has never been correct. 

Neil has got strong info on it and I think this comes from someone who has been using different names, it's all posted on here somewhere as he was under the impression that it wasn't someone in the R&L who he'd got it from but a quick check at where the actual info is from proved to be the same place but under different names, at least I think anyway.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Neil has got strong info on it and I think this comes from someone who has been using different names, it's all posted on here somewhere as he was under the impression that it wasn't someone in the R&L who he'd got it from but a quick check at where the actual info is from proved to be the same place but under different names, at least I think anyway.

So what you mean is, it's a bit like when you pretended not to be Gazza? 

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

So what you mean is, it's a bit like when you pretended not to be Gazza? 

Not exactly, he probably did it for different reasons but along the sames lines yes, that's not to say I disagree with him doing that mind. Sorry, did you not expect that?

Edited by thewayiam

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Are the people talking about Guns N' Roses for R&L and BST forgetting IOW has a Saturday headline spot and notoriously blows it's budget on headliners or has IOW been ruled out with some sort of info?  

I'm still well aware of IOW but more so hoping for it not to be.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I'm still well aware of IOW but more so hoping for it not to be.

Oh I see, I'd probably say it's the most likely just because of how the rest of the lineup looks at the minute but then again they could play more than one festival.

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Oh I see, I'd probably say it's the most likely just because of how the rest of the lineup looks at the minute but then again they could play more than one festival.

While I'd agree, R&L also need a big name if they're pushing Foals/Disclosure as co-headers and with Neil mentioning the fest turning someone potentially bigger down for them a while ago might well be due to having someone massive as adjusting the budget. They won't play two I very much doubt if it means IOW and Reading but I can see both IOW and Reading allowing BST to happen as well. IOW doesn't have a bigger time frame to announce as essentially R&L could leave it right up until mid April probably and have them as their last one, but I don't think they will and I doubt will GNR sales they would need to. Given when the July date is in Germany they looked to be playing, there is no need based on that to be here early June.

44 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Um yes, so it was from oneoftherest, using a fake name. Now that we've found out who it actually came from, it isn't strong info, because he's never been right about anything he's claimed in the past.

I've seen everything Neil's said about it, because it was me he was having the conversation with.

They could end up being at Lovebox; the Despacio link would mean Lovebox and Glastonbury would make sense. But this info from oneoftherest isn't strong info whatsoever, in my eyes. 

31 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Um yes, so it was from oneoftherest, using a fake name. Now that we've found out who it actually came from, it isn't strong info, because he's never been right about anything he's claimed in the past.

I've seen everything Neil's said about it, because it was me he was having the conversation with.

They could end up being at Lovebox; the Despacio link would mean Lovebox and Glastonbury would make sense. But this info from oneoftherest isn't strong info whatsoever, in my eyes. 

I don't think it's fake for any wrong doing, it's probably more so to not leak under his name etc.

Neil's info on Lovebox came from a different place than the R&L forum I believe but someone on that forum linked to the same info.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think it's fake for any wrong doing, it's probably more so to not leak under his name etc.

Neil's info on Lovebox came from a different place than the R&L forum I believe but someone on that forum linked to the same info.

But he also posted under his own name in the R&L forum saying they're doing Lovebox, so he'd already leaked it under his own name. I'm assuming he made a fake name so Neil would be more likely to believe him.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with that last paragraph, but the guy who posted in the R&L section was the same guy who PM'd Neil the same info (under a different name).

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

But he also posted under his own name in the R&L forum saying they're doing Lovebox, so he'd already leaked it under his own name. I'm assuming he made a fake name so Neil would be more likely to believe him.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with that last paragraph, but the guy who posted in the R&L section was the same guy who PM'd Neil the same info (under a different name).

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Didn't Neil just say that he had heard they were only doing one London date, and having put 2+2 together he thought Lovebox was the most likely? Don't recall him saying he heard any solid information about them being at Lovebox?

Nah someone PM'd him that they're exclusive to Lovebox.

Someone else had been told they're doing Glastonbury and London date(s), but thought they were going to be their own dates rather than a festival.

A third guy was told they're headlining the Other Stage.

I think that's everything we have on them.

• 2 weeks later...