When does the site start to lock down?

Theodore

Has anyone ever done it? Is it worth it ?

Well many years ago now - late 80's - it was the winter and there was snow on the ground - we walked down the old entry track and as we passed the overhead cables we could smell Hash !! { coming from the cables } 

The old pyramid stage used to remain in place all year { unlike the new stage } so we were able to enter from the back and take some photos of the stage and the show covered fields looking up to the farm house - Due to the snow there was no animals about - in fact we never saw anyone - clearly that was many years ago but If I was doing it now I would send a request via e-mail.

I visit the site a couple times a year, once during the winter and again about four weeks before the festival itself. I always send a courtesy email in advance to make sure there's nothing important taking place on the farm. The festival office is very prompt at responding and just asks you to abide by the usual countryside code. I know there's not that much to see but it's cool to get a sense of space when there are no tents, stages, stalls or people around. It's nice to sit amongst the stone circle and have lunch under the tree in the Pyramid field. Last year we took a portable speaker (volume down low) and played Zeppelin IV whilst sitting gazing at the Pyramid, thinking about how amazing it would be to see them play on that stage. 

I visit the site a couple times a year, once during the winter and again about four weeks before the festival itself. I always send a courtesy email in advance to make sure there's nothing important taking place on the farm. The festival office is very prompt at responding and just asks you to abide by the usual countryside codel

What mail address do you use?

Is the site open access land? If not you can only walk on public footpaths.

Or has ME given open permission for people to access his land?

Not sure tbh.

Never had a problem. Each visit I have seen more than one person/ farmer on a quad or a 4x4 and they always smile or put hand up.

Covered the whole Glastonbury site apart from Worthy View with no apprehension.

The old pyramid stage used to remain in place all year { unlike the new stage } so we were able to enter from the back and take some photos of the stage and the show covered fields looking up to the farm house - Due to the snow there was no animals about - in fact we never saw anyone - clearly that was many years ago but If I was doing it now I would send a request via e-mail.

The current Pyramid Stage is there all year too. Not with covers, but is definitely there.

Visited the site out of festival time a few years ago - parked up at the office, asked very politely and went for a picnic with the kids and Mrs. It was ace. When arriving back at the car a nice man even showed us some massive store with loads of the stuff in (signs, seats, dismantled stuff). Had lunch under the pirate ship in the sun - great day!

The current Pyramid Stage is there all year too. Not with covers, but is definitely there.

Are you joking ? - its like saying a dismantled car is still a car

You cant stand on the bloody thing you cant walk into the different rooms - you cant stand on the stage and say such and such stood there 

you can kid yourself all you want but its a empty shell.

_44392138_pyramid3.jpg

Are you joking ? - its like saying a dismantled car is still a car

You cant stand on the bloody thing you cant walk into the different rooms - you cant stand on the stage and say such and such stood there 

you can kid yourself all you want but its a empty shell.

_44392138_pyramid3.jpg

I think for the sake of wandering around the site and pointing at things, yes the Pyramid stage is there.  Nobody is going to be putting on a performance!  Obviously it's an empty shell, but presumably even the old stage didn't have the PA and all the rest of the gear up all year round?

Nice photo BTW :)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I think for the sake of wandering around the site and pointing at things, yes the Pyramid stage is there.  Nobody is going to be putting on a performance!  Obviously it's an empty shell, but presumably even the old stage didn't have the PA and all the rest of the gear up all year round? Nice photo BTW :)

----------- stuartbert two hats - post above --------

sure nothing of value was there but it was possible to go down the stairs into the performers bar { directly under the stage } - nothing fancy - just a bar and a few table and chairs - but it was a room that few of us have ever had access to - going on the stage it was possible to work out how far performers can see - it was a experience that is now missing from the new pyramid skeleton.

Edited by glasto-worker