2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, supasum said:

Out of 18 headliners, there's maybe 2 I'd leave the campsite for, And they clash. I just don't understand what's happened to it ! 

Yeah across the top two stages there's only six acts I'd pay a penny to see, and I've seen five of those before

They could at least have stuck all the moron-tastic bands on Kasabian day so that demographic only bought Friday day tickets, but they've suitably spread them out enough to ensure they'll want to be there all weekend. Genuinely wouldn't go if you paid me :(

Just now, AdamJansson88 said:

Regarding blossoms, they sold out their whole tour, sold out castlefield bowl, main support for stone roses at Wembley and supporting Courteeners at the cricket ground, although not deserving, hardly surprising they've been put third down

Weren't they selling out tours last year? When they played NME tent in the afternoon? Not brought out any new material since either. They've gotten bigger but fuck me.

Giggs-Blossoms-LG. It's like they've gone "Right, we've ran out of budget for Muse day on the main stage. Should we just move the NME card up to main stage and hope nobody notices?"

Just now, ConorC said:

Weren't they selling out tours last year? When they played NME tent in the afternoon? Not brought out any new material since either. They've gotten bigger but fuck me.

Giggs-Blossoms-LG. It's like they've gone "Right, we've ran out of budget for Muse day on the main stage. Should we just move the NME card up to main stage and hope nobody notices?"

Their debut album came out last August

3 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Regarding blossoms, they sold out their whole tour, sold out castlefield bowl, main support for stone roses at Wembley and supporting Courteeners at the cricket ground, although not deserving, hardly surprising they've been put third down

Aye I had a feeling that was how it was gonna pan out, but with a big sub above them - not fucking Liam Gallagher. I can see why they'd think he was a good booking with his Oasis connections and no doubt he wouldn't accept anything less, but it's pure nostalgia and nothing more, and he's hardly gonna deliver a blinder of a set.

10 minutes ago, supasum said:

Out of 18 headliners, there's maybe 2 I'd leave the campsite for, And they clash. I just don't understand what's happened to it ! 

Maybe giggs will get bottled off stage and that'll be the weekends entertainment.

Ill probable still buy a ticket, more fool me.

Why would Giggs get bottled off? He's hugely popular with a lot of their crowd now. 

The thing with Giggs is that people under estimate how big he is because the UK police don't let him tour. If he had been allowed to tour the last 5 years he'd not only be bigger but people would also realise the popularity he has. Think that also adds to people buying tickets as it's a chance to actually see him. 

32 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think they've just spent all then money elsewhere. There's some decent acts on there but you've got some very small (but good) bands playing higher slots than warranted. If you cut out the bands playing the first 3/4 slots each day and beefed up the later slots it would be a good lineup. 

I'm not a While She Sleeps fan so maybe I'm biased but then headlining The Pit is insane when you look at the venues they play. Sometimes you get people buying a dah ticket primarily to see the Pit headliner, how many people are paying £70+ primarily for them? Surely isn't a coincidence they've done that on the Eminem day where they know they don't need to sell tickets for it. 

In 2013 they closed the lock up early on eminem day.  Absolute travesty.

20 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Courteeners are a third down act at reading and Leeds so supporting them shows they're not big enough to be a third down

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I've just put the names on to clashfinder, having played around with the times/special guest shit yet. 

There are some daft names, esepcially on the 1xtra stage. PRW BTTM ffs. 

PWR BTTM? They're on Lock Up not 1xtra. And they're class.

Link to my clashfinder while we're sharing http:///s/leedsfest2017/

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Why would Giggs get bottled off? He's hugely popular with a lot of their crowd now. 

The thing with Giggs is that people under estimate how big he is because the UK police don't let him tour. If he had been allowed to tour the last 5 years he'd not only be bigger but people would also realise the popularity he has. Think that also adds to people buying tickets as it's a chance to actually see him. 

As he's awful, you're probably correct, but I for one miss the times when some one like him would be bottled off.

I count that 40 out of around 200 are women or have women in the band. And none of those acts are to blame for how shitty the line up is*! So progress is possible without ruining the festival.

*Well, someone instead of Haim woulda been better but I couldn't see them playing lower.

Edited by dentalplan

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

PWR BTTM? They're on Lock Up not 1xtra. And they're class.

Link to my clashfinder while we're sharing http:///s/leedsfest2017/

Oh yeah I meant there are stupid names all over but 1xtra seemed to have the biggest collection of them - DJ Semtex, Abra Cadabra, Bossman Birdie :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, thelemon said:

You're all boring, Blossoms through Muse is one of the best three act runs I could think of, and having Giggs and The Sherlocks on the same day is class. I'll tell you as well I recommend Sløtface massively. Good day.

I'm not sure why someone questioned it as sarcasm haha

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye I must be out of the loop on this one 'cause I didn't think he was nearly that big/popular regardless of his Drake collaborations.

He has blown up this year to be honest, I was fully expect about 4th/ NME sub.

34 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

I knew that was likely when announced for Roses support, they've never had a lower than 3rd down at the time I don't believe.

There's only really one band that sticks out for me as being very very low considering their current hype (and the weirdly high bookings of other bands).

The Amazons, I thought they were a really big upcoming band? I'd expect them to sub or possibly even headline the FR, or mid NME.

But yeah, awful lineup all round.

5 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

There's only really one band that sticks out for me as being very very low considering their current hype (and the weirdly high bookings of other bands).

The Amazons, I thought they were a really big upcoming band? I'd expect them to sub or possibly even headline the FR, or mid NME.

But yeah, awful lineup all round.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them get moved to the NME. Seems like there's space for another act and it must dawn on them at some point that a band getting traction like that is gonna cause carnage at 1pm on the Festival Republic stage.

I think moving them to the end of the day wouldn't be much good as they wanna be seen and the festival wants people to see them, and I doubt they're at a point where people would abandon a headliner for them. Which is why I'm a bit perplexed by Hunna's placement; surely people who are there - even their fans - are likely to choose to see Muse?

Fuck The Hunna by the way.