2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Actually c'mon, surely Giggs isn't playing fourth down - somebody's gotta be added in there, whether it be above or below Liam, although that pushes Architects to sixth which seems too low...

What a load of w*nk.

There's always a couple of acts that are placed higher than people would expect. Like Alexisonfire the other year, when that slot should have gone to The Gaslight Anthem.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

That's a fair point. I was more confused about the Bombay Bicycle Club booking that year too. The Vaccines were pretty much the darlings of the NME back in 2011/2012, but then I suppose Blossoms are now.

Razorlight way back in 2005 were booked to play 3rd on the strength of one album. That guy traded on the fact he was once a member of The Libertines.

Actually, to be fair 2015 was a pretty good line-up, but it seemed to just be a rehash of 2010. The Libertines day was almost identical.

Liam isn't even a bad booking. I wouldn't have had him down to sub but if he's going to be playing Oasis classics then he'll probably go down a lot better than some of the subs they've had in recent years.

2015 for me was good minus the headliners. Liam is to try and get some old V crowd, I think now though the only way Noel does Reading is outright headlining it.

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

I'm not that disappointed but I might be the only one.

Akala and Vince Staples on the 1xtra.

Turbowolf 

Pond

That's of the ones just added. There's still some room for improvement too.

I'm not going like but there is plenty of meat on the bone down the bill. I think I could pack a day. Vince Staples in the middle of proceedings is balling, Japandroids, Pond, loadsa stuff.

Can't argue Liam Gallagher and Blossoms 2nd and 3rd down isn't horrendous though. Up the bill is the worst I've ever seen.

16 hours ago, juglando said:

I hope I'm wrong, but with stage splits etc being announced tomorrow and the hunna rather surprisingly playing the festival republic tent again.... could this post suggest they are headlining the stage (the pic is from reading as well I think) ?? 

Unfortunately I was right

7 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is there more to add to the Pit/Lock-up?

Third down are bands like Gnarwolves and Arcane Roots.As great as both are, their current tours are in 250 capacity venues.

Think they've just spent all then money elsewhere. There's some decent acts on there but you've got some very small (but good) bands playing higher slots than warranted. If you cut out the bands playing the first 3/4 slots each day and beefed up the later slots it would be a good lineup. 

I'm not a While She Sleeps fan so maybe I'm biased but then headlining The Pit is insane when you look at the venues they play. Sometimes you get people buying a dah ticket primarily to see the Pit headliner, how many people are paying £70+ primarily for them? Surely isn't a coincidence they've done that on the Eminem day where they know they don't need to sell tickets for it. 

1 minute ago, theevilfridge said:

There's a far better and stronger Reading lineup hidden inside the Glastonbury lineup than the actual Reading lineup:

That's scarily accurate. 

Radiohead, alt-J, HAIM, Metronomy
Stormzy

Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Boy Better Know, Phoenix
Run The Jewels

Biffy Clyro, The xx, Courteeners, Glass Animals
Justice

Just now, VCK said:

Glastonbury these days is a better Reading and Leeds than Reading and Leeds itself. Just look at that 2014 line-up.

I'm seeing Marmozets, Major Lazer and I can't get Rise Against as a headliner for Lockup/Pit as it's that WSS shit instead.

The best booking on the lineup is probably Fatboy Slim or ML based on placing as they didn't really need to book ML level to sub Eminem.

Out of 18 headliners, there's maybe 2 I'd leave the campsite for, And they clash. I just don't understand what's happened to it ! 

Maybe giggs will get bottled off stage and that'll be the weekends entertainment.

Ill probable still buy a ticket, more fool me.

1 minute ago, thelemon said:

You're all boring, Blossoms through Muse is one of the best three act runs I could think of, and having Giggs and The Sherlocks on the same day is class. I'll tell you as well I recommend Sløtface massively. Good day.

Struggling to tell if this was sarcasm or not? 

2 minutes ago, supasum said:

Out of 18 headliners, there's maybe 2 I'd leave the campsite for, And they clash. I just don't understand what's happened to it ! 

Maybe giggs will get bottled off stage and that'll be the weekends entertainment.

Ill probable still buy a ticket, more fool me.

I like British rap but Giggs is absolutely fucking terrible. Might go just to throw a bottle at the disappointment of the Sunday. Don't think many would choose Haim over Muse either so The Pit's "Special Guest" has gotta be good.