2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/06/2016 at 10:44 AM, Andre91 said:

Decent shout I think. They smashed it in 2014. Would love to see them back with a longer set. 

It would be ace...if try dropped lot of that latest album crap. They will headline sooner or later outright. 

I would say Kasabian right now, any others I'm not sure.

On 11/06/2016 at 4:46 PM, Yellow_Fellow said:

Seems it might be on the cards, wish it wasn't

So what's actually going on, is anything confirmed. All I've seen so far are pictures of Hayley and Taylor having dinner with Zac but this is the first I've heard of anything with Josh?

On 05/06/2016 at 1:03 PM, oneoftherest said:

I don't think Radiohead would do R+L anymore, if they're anywhere next year, I'd expect a Glastonbury headline slot

At the moment I'm going with 

Kasabian

The Strokes

Tame Impala with  someone else as a coheadline (Kendrick is a good shout, maybe even Chase and Status or some other kind of mainstream act)

I don't think Radiohead will be anywhere near Reading.

At the minute I would go for Paramore outright and Kasabian.

I would be surprised if Tame Impala was to be higher than sub.

Florence and the Machine
Tame Impala
Frank Turner
Twin Atlantic
Earl Sweatshirt
Hacktivist
Young Guns
Owl City
We Are The Ocean

Kings of Leon
Skrillex
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Bombay Bicycle Club
Peace
Best Coast
Pvris
The Skints
Against The Current

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood
Deftones
Wolf Alice
Run The Jewels
Sum 41
Glassjaw
Darlia
Hawk Eyes

28 minutes ago, VCK said:

Florence and the Machine
Tame Impala
Frank Turner
Twin Atlantic
Earl Sweatshirt
Hacktivist
Young Guns
Owl City
We Are The Ocean

Kings of Leon
Skrillex
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Bombay Bicycle Club
Peace
Best Coast
Pvris
The Skints
Against The Current

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood
Deftones
Wolf Alice
Run The Jewels
Sum 41
Glassjaw
Darlia
Hawk Eyes

Don't think Florence & the Machine will do it next year, probably will have to wait for another album so they're more likely in 2018 I reckon. Kings of Leon are possible but I think R&L would see them as more of a last resort and go for other bands before them. Rest of it looks semi reasonable, I think Twin Atlantic could be third from top next year, I don't think Owl City would play the main stage, doubt Skrillex would sub main stage, BBC would be third from top if they're even touring next year which I doubt. Run The Jewels could also be a spot higher.

Edited by dylangraham

Was about to ask what hip-hop they can shove in high main stage. Run the Jewels makes sense.

Royal Blood/alt-J, Paramore and Kasabian would make sense for me other than it maybe looking too weak.

Royal Blood/alt-J / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels

Flume

Paramore / You Me at Six / Twin Atlantic

Jake Bugg

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish and the Bottlemen 

Enter Shikari

Maybe stick some Deftones between YMAS and Twin Atlantic.

Couldn't really decide between Bugger and Chase and Status for that NME headline slot.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood
Deftones
Wolf Alice
Run The Jewels
Sum 41
Glassjaw
Darlia
Hawk Eyes

I'd be all over a Sunday day ticket for that! Think Deftones and Royal Blood would likely be swapped around, though going by some of Reading's latest bookings I'm not so sure!

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was about to ask what hip-hop they can shove in high main stage. Run the Jewels makes sense.

Royal Blood/alt-J, Paramore and Kasabian would make sense for me other than it maybe looking too weak.

Royal Blood/alt-J / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels

Flume

Paramore / You Me at Six / Twin Atlantic

Jake Bugg

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish and the Bottlemen 

Enter Shikari

Maybe stick some Deftones between YMAS and Twin Atlantic.

Couldn't really decide between Bugger and Chase and Status for that NME headline slot.

Shikari headlining NME is a good shout, although I think they could sub Main next time they play. Very similar to ADTR in that sense, I think. 

Jake Bugg in that position is something I could see, too. His popularity doesn't seem to have grown that much.

Edited by Andre91

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Shikari headlining NME is a good shout, although I think they could sub Main next time they play. Very similar to ADTR in that sense, I think. 

Jake Bugg in that position is something I could see, too. His popularity doesn't seem to have grown that much.

I could see them booking Shikari as sub/NME Headliner too, they drew a decent crowd in 2014 if I remember right and their tour this year was pretty big and got them noticed again.  Not sure where Bugg could go considering he subbed for Arctic Monkeys but this album doesn't seem to have taken him any further as of yet.. unless they co-headline him with someone? Tame Impala maybe as some have said?

I don't think Paramore returning is impossible but I can see many more appealing options for a headliner booking. Biffy are back as soon but it seems clear that it's not their initial plan.

On my prediction on the prediction thread; I've got Slipknot down to headline and I can really see it happening considering they're meant to have an album out next year and FR keep making bookings with the intention of keeping Soni in the ground, so I think removing Slipknot from the table would be important. Providing Knotfest doesn't go ahead, natch.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think Paramore returning is impossible but I can see many more appealing options for a headliner booking. Biffy are back as soon but it seems clear that it's not their initial plan.

On my prediction on the prediction thread; I've got Slipknot down to headline and I can really see it happening considering they're meant to have an album out next year and FR keep making bookings with the intention of keeping Soni in the ground, so I think removing Slipknot from the table would be important. Providing Knotfest doesn't go ahead, natch.

When i saw Corey Taylors solo set at Koko he said once this tour is finished he is doing Stone Sour stuff and is planning to be touring that next summer. Sadly Slipknot aren't going to be there.

54 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

When i saw Corey Taylors solo set at Koko he said once this tour is finished he is doing Stone Sour stuff and is planning to be touring that next summer. Sadly Slipknot aren't going to be there.

Really? I read they were working on a new album but admittedly didn't look too far into it as it's not of much interest to me. I recall that both bands have toured the same year before so I won't give up on the prediction yet (for lack of other 'heavier' options, basically).