2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not as relevant as they used to be, I don't think they'd book them, especially as in 2013 they said they only want relevant acts, he said he would have rather booked Foals as Headliners in 2013 than The Rolling Stones, I just can't see them booking KoL unless they came out with a really successful album

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

They're not as relevant as they used to be, I don't think they'd book them, especially as in 2013 they said they only want relevant acts, he said he would have rather booked Foals as Headliners in 2013 than The Rolling Stones, I just can't see them booking KoL unless they came out with a really successful album

They booked Biffy Clyro this year fella. Their hit is nearly as old as Kings of Leon's.

2 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

there's a thread for this

Green day, You me at six, Deftones                                                  Wolf alice

Kasabian, Bastille, Run the jewels                                                    Enter shikari

Royal blood/Pendulum (co-hl), Catfish and the bottlemen            Years and years

Biffys last two albums have been their most successful, they've had more success recently, plus they're favourites with the crowd. I just can't see KoL headlining again unless they did get a big album, I could be wrong, I just think they need something to pull them back into the spotlight a little before they headlined again

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Biffys last two albums have been their most successful, they've had more success recently, plus they're favourites with the crowd. I just can't see KoL headlining again unless they did get a big album, I could be wrong, I just think they need something to pull them back into the spotlight a little before they headlined again

Come Around Sundown sold more than Only Revolutions. Mechanical Bull sold more than Opposites.

...and they both crrrassshheeddd.

15 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Because Kings Of Leon already had a big fan base, just because an album sells doesn't mean it was popular. I can only remember hearing one song off of the two albums, Biffy was everywhere

Biffy Clyro were not everywhere. I've not gone out of my way to listen to anything of theirs and the only recent song I can recall hearing is Black Chandelier. In fact, I've just looked it up and that was the only song off the last album to make the top 40. KOL had 2 top 40 singles off their last album, so...yeah.

Just now, Gozpot said:

Very true, I guess I have too much faith in their bookings, still don't know what happened with last years headliners, thank
God the undercard was decent

If you think Biffy is a good booking but Kings of Leon isn't, it just sounds like you're being biased and you're basing that on your opinion of the bands rather than their credentials as headliners.

FRIDAY

Main Stage - Gorillaz • Pendulum • Enter Shikari • Run The Jewels • Architects • Neck Deep

NME - Jake Bugg • The Lumineers • Johnny Marr • Drenge • Nothing But Thieves

FR - Bloc Party

SATURDAY

Main Stage - Green Day • You Me at Six • Twin Atlantic • Wolf Alice • Marmozets • Mallory Knox

NME - Years & Years • Jungle • Halsey • Stormzy • Earl Sweatshirt

FR - The Coral

SUNDAY

Main Stage - Kasabian • Royal Blood • Catfish & the Bottlemen • Metronomy • Circa Waves • Little Comets

NME - Closing DJ • Weezer • Peace • Don Broco • Deaf Havana

FR - Mac Demarco

On 21 April 2016 at 10:01 PM, Hart Attack said:

QWKFE51.png

This album is absolutely phenomenal. Possibly better than the fake download one floating about. Headliners at first glance aren't huge but I'm a big LP fan and was too young last time they were at Leeds. Wouldn't mind swapping killers for Gorillaz but the undercard is smashing and would definitely see ADTR headline NME. Killswitch, Korn, and Architects on main might be a bit much to ask for as they're very download but if we have 5FDP this year then who knows...we can dream

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Royal Blood/alt-J (co-headline) / Catfish and the Bottlemen

Green Day / You Me At Six / A Day To Remember 

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice 

I scribbled a prediction down earlier and had these two days as you've put them.

Had GNR headlining the middle one though with Deftones sub and Weezer or Shikari third. ADTR are a good shout for third down though so I guess Weezer could shimmy over to NME opposite Kasabian and one of the other two in third.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Headliners: Florence and the Machine, Arcade Fire, Muse
Subs: alt-J, The Black Keys, Royal Blood

Florence will've surely finished touring by then. as will Muse. Arcade Fire a possibility although i think Bestival will try pretty damn hard to get them on their next album run

Royal Blood (co-headline) / You Me At Six (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Band Of Skulls / PVRIS / Black Peaks / Milk Teeth 

Years & Years 

Kasabian / Chase & Status / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Peace / Manchester Orchestra / Ratboy / Pretty Vicious / DZ Deathrays

Weezer

Green Day / Deftones / A Day To Remember / Architects / Neck Deep / While She Sleeps / Moose Blood / Creeper / Knuckle Puck

Metronomy

Edited by Andre91