2017 festival

kaosmark2

6 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Definitely missed their chance to headline, not even sure if they're still big enough to sub the, they've dropped off the face of the earth

Nah i'd say they're still big enough to sub, providing they release a semi-successful album before hand. They only coheadlined Isle of Wight last year, they've not become totally irrelevant in such short time. I'd even say they could be a decent coheadliner if they released another album as successful as El Camino.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dylangraham said:

Nah i'd say they're still big enough to sub, providing they release a semi-successful album before hand. They only coheadlined Isle of Wight last year, they've not become totally irrelevant in such short time. I'd even say they could be a decent coheadliner if they released another album as successful as El Camino.

I think with a new album they'd probably be given a sub spot, although unless the albums good they'll start slowly dropping down the line ups at festivals, I think they could get away with a co-headline, if the album was successful and I'd hope they'd play most of, if not all of El Camino, otherwise I don't think I'd be all that fussed to see them

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I think with a new album they'd probably be given a sub spot, although unless the albums good they'll start slowly dropping down the line ups at festivals, I think they could get away with a co-headline, if the album was successful and I'd hope they'd play most of, if not all of El Camino, otherwise I don't think I'd be all that fussed to see them

Yeah I can either see them doing a Bloc Party and completely lose their momentum or continue to release relatively successful albums and remain sub/coheadliner size but never full blown headliner, which is more what I feel Foals have achieved.

With both Kasabian and Green Day (hinted via Instagram) back in the studio recording it wouldn't be a surprise for one if not both to be on the line up next year. As much as I hate this 'co-headline' thing it's probably going to end up being the way forward to keep both Reading and Leeds interesting as there are people that will go to one over the other just to have a specific act closing.

I'd love to see Muse (favourite band) but doubt they'll drag Drones out that far. This year is the 10th anniversary of Black Holes and Revelations but I feel that album isn't as significant as Origin so I don't believe they'd do another set like in 2011.

Arcade Fire - Great band, one I'd like to tick off.
GnR - I have no interest in seeing live so not a big draw for me
Black Keys - Great music, terrible outside of an arena.

I'm sure Festival Republic will surprise us with something unexpected.

What do you guys think on the chances of seeing previous headliners such as Radiohead (2009), Arctic Monkeys (2009, 2014), Paramore(co-2014), The Prodigy(1996, 2002), Kings of Leon (2009) etc. returning? I feel that with the exception of The Prodigy, a lot of these wouldn't go down too well with the current crowd...

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

With both Kasabian and Green Day (hinted via Instagram) back in the studio recording it wouldn't be a surprise for one if not both to be on the line up next year. As much as I hate this 'co-headline' thing it's probably going to end up being the way forward to keep both Reading and Leeds interesting as there are people that will go to one over the other just to have a specific act closing.

I'd love to see Muse (favourite band) but doubt they'll drag Drones out that far. This year is the 10th anniversary of Black Holes and Revelations but I feel that album isn't as significant as Origin so I don't believe they'd do another set like in 2011.

Arcade Fire - Great band, one I'd like to tick off.
GnR - I have no interest in seeing live so not a big draw for me
Black Keys - Great music, terrible outside of an arena.

I'm sure Festival Republic will surprise us with something unexpected.

What do you guys think on the chances of seeing previous headliners such as Radiohead (2009), Arctic Monkeys (2009, 2014), Paramore(co-2014), The Prodigy(1996, 2002), Kings of Leon (2009) etc. returning? I feel that with the exception of The Prodigy, a lot of these wouldn't go down too well with the current crowd...

Arctic Monkeys and Paramore wouldn't go down well with the current crowd when they both only headlined two years ago and by all reports were huge draws?

Edited by VCK

Too soon for Arctics and Paramore, The Prodigy would go down well, yet I don't think they'd headline anymore, maybe co-headline, Kings Of Leon definitely wouldn't headline, they've completely gone off the radar as for Radiohead, I think they'd go down alright.

GORILLAZ

Pendulum

Enter Shikari

Run The Jewels

Jake Bugg

The Lumineers

GREEN DAY

Thirty Seconds To Mars

A Day to Remember

Wolf Alice

Jungle

Peace

KASABIAN

Royal Blood

Catfish & the Bottlemen

Metronomy

Closing DJ

Weezer

Edit: I only see Gorillaz being a headliner if they release a semi-successful album in time

Edited by dylangraham

1 hour ago, dylangraham said:

GORILLAZ

Pendulum

Enter Shikari

Run The Jewels

Jake Bugg

The Lumineers

GREEN DAY

Thirty Seconds To Mars

A Day to Remember

Wolf Alice

Jungle

Peace

KASABIAN

Royal Blood

Catfish & the Bottlemen

Metronomy

Closing DJ

Weezer

Edit: I only see Gorillaz being a headliner if they release a semi-successful album in time

Gorillaz, Pendulum, Run the jewels, Green day, Royal blood, CATB and Weezer... I'm there!

17 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I like the line up, but I'm 90% sure Twin Atlantic will be there next year, they're not this year, they're recording, they subbed the NME last time, with another album could definitely headline the NME or play 3rd down on Main.

Yeah maybe replace either Jake Bugg, ADTR or Jungle with Twin Atlantic

I'm now thinking something like this, not my ideal line up, but something kinda realistic.

KASABIAN
Royal Blood
Catfish & The Bottlemen

A Day To Remember

GREEN DAY
You Me At Six
Twin Atlantic

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

MUSE
The Weeknd
Weezer

(Chase & Status closing set)
Enter Shikari

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

The last two albums crashed hard, they can't live of the success of Only By The Night forever

both albums reached number one and i'm sure they still have a while as headliners left in them at the likes of V and TITP where people eat that shit up regardless, although would take another huge album for them to return as headliners to the likes of R/L and Glastonbury i feel (not that they'd play lower - they just wouldn't be booked)