Foals

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think you'll find that was foals into portishead. 

I only really knew the big singles but that converted me. They were excellent. 

Bad choices all round there floorfiller. 

I know - I meant I did Foals into Chic (I never liked Portishead sadly). I had to leave just before 2 steps though as the sets overlapped a bit. Foals and Chic were both fucking fantastic.

Read today on the T in the Park forum that Foals can't be playing T because of their tour dates. Don't seem to be doing any other festival barring R&L and the lack of any sort of exclusive there surely means they must be at Glastonbury..... Right? Come on, put my mind at ease!

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Read today on the T in the Park forum that Foals can't be playing T because of their tour dates. Don't seem to be doing any other festival barring R&L and the lack of any sort of exclusive there surely means they must be at Glastonbury..... Right? Come on, put my mind at ease!

I'm feeling the same way on this! 

12 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Foals into Chic in '13 for the win :D

Indeed, what a fantastic night that bloody was!!! I decided to stay for the end of foals and just about caught the start of Chic, was ace everyone seemed to leave for their headliners and ended up rather close for Two Steps, Twice. Turned into a massive fan of them that night. (I liked them before but...that was set was just brilliant!)

They was brilliant at Wembley arena last week, just absolutely outstanding. I know some moan about the short setlist, but honestly I think it works for them, there wasn't one I wasn't excited to hear.

As much as they deserve to headline the Pyramid, part of me still holds out hope for an Other Stage headline show, no matter how unlikely :P

And oh since it was done before, best foals on each album:

Antidotes: As good as Two Steps, Twice is live....I've got go for Cassius 

Total Life Forever: Spanish Sahara, no contest spine tingling.

Holy Fire: Christ this is hard but: Inhaler

What Went Down: Mountain at My Gates

New interview in Loaded:

Philippakis told Loaded: “We’re not big enough to headline Glastonbury. You need to have a lot of weight behind you. We’d love to headline one day, but it would need to happen at the right time. It’d be premature right now.”

Guitarist Jimmy Smith added: “There are some things that genuinely feel too soon, and headlining Glastonbury is one of them. If we ever do it, it should be when we’re properly ready, in five years’ time.”

Drummer Jack Bevan said: “We’re the biggest small band in the world. We’re the biggest live band that sells the fewest amount of records. But we love playing Glastonbury. It’s our spirit animal.”

Philippakis joked: “The fact we haven’t been asked to headline Glastonbury is indicative of the fact that it’s premature to talk about it.”

http://loaded.co.uk/foals-not-ready-headline-glastonbury-another-five-years-interview/

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would 'five years' make you wonder that?

Tempering expectations for this year? Just the tone of the article seems 'we've a long way to go' as opposed to 'we're almost ready to step up' which could be an indication they've been asked to take a lower slot than expected.

Probably reading too much into it, it's early. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Tempering expectations for this year? Just the tone of the article seems 'we've a long way to go' as opposed to 'we're almost ready to step up' which could be an indication they've been asked to take a lower slot than expected.

Yep. Have a coffee. :P

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Actually I agree.  Five years away from headlining doesn't sound like a band who are going to sub.  It might mean they're going to cover a certain recently deceased artist though.

Not sure how people are getting ideas of them either playing or not from that interview.  

If anything at all, it only confirms the thought that although they are co-headlining R&L they realise they can't ask for the same at Glastonbury.  

Fuck it, I've changed my mind, the interview screams we are playing we are playing!