Going for a poo.

Jamie Patrick

There used to some like that on Glade crossroads, but they got ripped up the other year midway through the festival and replaced with troughs. I was gutted, I loved stood there peeing and watching the world go by, the giggling girls who thought it was hysterical and everything about it. Staring at some blue sheeting and chicken wire is not half so much fun.

The blue sheeting protects us all!

I'm tuned into my mega dump in.the morning, luckily taking the cassette toilet in van.

Only tine I have ever used a long drop was about 4 weeks ago. On way hone from Devon, went for a walk.round site and the drops were installed. Nice and empty and clean. Unfortunately had too use my boxer shorts and a few leaves

I bought some disposable toilet seat covers. Will they be much use?

No, all they achieve is feeding your imagination that you're going to catch something magically from sitting down

Then you won't pick it up and put it down the loo by all evidence from last year, probably because it's caked in mud from someone squatting

No, all they achieve is feeding your imagination that you're going to catch something magically from sitting down

Then you won't pick it up and put it down the loo by all evidence from last year, probably because it's caked in mud from someone squatting

I don't think it's the 'catching something' that people are bothered about.... it's having 200,000+ people's shit and piss all over the backs of your legs for the best part of a week. Baby wipes simply will not cut it. Also, if you suggest showers, imagine if EVERYONE at the festival took showers every day, it'd be a nightmare!

She wees are near to impossible to use, I just think as long as everyone cleans up after themselves it'd be a lot better!

I don't think it's the 'catching something' that people are bothered about.... it's having 200,000+ people's shit and piss all over the backs of your legs for the best part of a week. Baby wipes simply will not cut it. Also, if you suggest showers, imagine if EVERYONE at the festival took showers every day, it'd be a nightmare!

She wees are near to impossible to use, I just think as long as everyone cleans up after themselves it'd be a lot better!

Lol!

You are aware the toilets are cleaned regularly. In the ten festivals I've been to I've never once had to sit on a dirty seat

I've seen some dirty ones where animals have failed in their potty training, but there's always another one to try noone forces you in there

Don't make up excuses, it's fine

I am a female and I'm sorry to say that I believe females are the main culprits in the toilets being in such a state a lot of the time. Like frosty said, our ability to aim when squatting etc is not good enough and I'm convinced it's the girls hovering and squatting that leave the toilets with piss all over the place. Use a Shewee girls. Don't squat. And for the girl suggesting that holding onto the bottom of the door and just aiming your arse in the general direction of the hole......please. No.

Can you buy a Shewee at the festival? And I can't even get my head around how you could hold onto the bottom of the door and aim? 

Can you buy a Shewee at the festival? And I can't even get my head around how you could hold onto the bottom of the door and aim? 

I haven't seen reusable sheewees or similar for sale at the festival, strangely, but there are sheewee toilets that will provide you with disposable suitable apparatus that seems to be easier to use than the rubber reusables. There's also someone on here who has a fantastic tale of a lady using half a pint cup, which doesn't sound too different from what the shewee toilets hand out.

And even when not hovering, I'll often grip the bottom of the door to gently place myself on the seat as my knees can be dodgy. But yeah, you can't aim into what you can't see!

i tend to go every morning at about 6:30-7, I'm awake by then anyway as the tent is a sauna, and the toilets have usually just been cleaned by then. Never really had a problem with dirty ones. If I do come across one with piss and shit all over, just back out and choose another.

This holding onto the bottom of the door and just shitting backwards somewhere is the most shocking thing I've read on here this year.

Just shit in yer tent, FFS.

There are points in life I wonder if what I'm doing is a bit weird, but it always pales into nothingness thanks to the Internet

I haven't seen reusable sheewees or similar for sale at the festival, strangely, but there are sheewee toilets that will provide you with disposable suitable apparatus that seems to be easier to use than the rubber reusables. There's also someone on here who has a fantastic tale of a lady using half a pint cup, which doesn't sound too different from what the shewee toilets hand out.

And even when not hovering, I'll often grip the bottom of the door to gently place myself on the seat as my knees can be dodgy. But yeah, you can't aim into what you can't see!

I was going to invest in a Shewee but went against it as it wouldn't be pretty when drunk. I'd rather wipe a pissy seat with a big massive handful of loo roll than hover on a shitty seat.