Going for a poo.

Jamie Patrick

Do not be one of the selfish and inconsiderate people who does this and shits and pisses all over the seat/area for everyone else to deal with

educate yourselves ffs - there are more bacteria cells in your body than there are of your own cells - surely that warrants knowing something about them more than 'eww mommee'

Woah lower your weapons...not at all, i think you jumped to a little bit of an assumption about me with that one. It just helps if you're not keen on parking your whole arse on the seat and just a suggestion!...doesn't bother me however at all im happy to park with no issues :)

Apologies for the suggestion never thought about it in such detail was just a quick thought but now i see how it can be a real pain in the arse (no pun intended) i would just like to confirm that i personally DO in fact seat myself firmly on the seat and have done so in each of my years at glastonbury scouts honour. I hope im forgiven for the bad suggestion :( feel awful now!

Apologies for the suggestion never thought about it in such detail was just a quick thought but now i see how it can be a real pain in the arse (no pun intended) i would just like to confirm that i personally DO in fact seat myself firmly on the seat and have done so in each of my years at glastonbury scouts honour. I hope im forgiven for the bad suggestion :( feel awful now!

Don't feel awful - sorry, my ire isn't personal it's just an ongoing problem

I miss the green police

I miss the green police

Me too they were ace! Well apologies again i just didnt think of the logistics...Im an annual glastonbury goer and go camping most of the year with the kids so im in no way squeamish regarding toileting :) maybe i should begin thinking more before speaking/typing :)

I miss the green police

The Green Police were bloody brilliant.

I miss 'em too.

I took my eldest 2 children to 3 Glastos...and the Green Police's hilarious whistle-blowing shouty harrassment of pee-anywhere ingrates has left a fantastic impression on them.

The Love the Farm, Leave No Trace mantra was firmly fixed in their minds in a completely great way.

...and go camping most of the year with the kids so im in no way squeamish regarding toileting :) ...

I do have a good old giggle to myself at the really squeamish girls imagining the horrors awaiting them with kids, I don't envy you

I do have a good old giggle to myself at the really squeamish girls imagining the horrors awaiting them with kids, I don't envy you

I do giggle a bit when i see people coming out of a longdrop cubicle looking traumatised and they just give that sad intense glare to their mates accompanied by a slow shake of the head

Anyone remember the story of the guy who got arrested for hiding under the long drops and looking up at people? It wasn't Glasto but another festival. He was charged for some kind of indecent behaviour if I remember correctly.

Anybody ever poo'ed in the portaloos at Benicassim? Or any other hot festival?

Now that is an experience let me tell you! The sweating, the smell etc.

Yep at Primavera sound, the way I used to get round this (well the smell) as to take a can of impulse spray and douse the toilet on entering, seems to do the trick..

Have to say as I'm not bothered about doing a poo at a festival as end of the day it's just human nature and I don't think anybody really gives a sh*t if you are have a poo next door to them in the long drops lol

I liked the composite loos mind as don't smell & have a roof so that does me if nearby

Anyone remember the story of the guy who got arrested for hiding under the long drops and looking up at people? It wasn't Glasto but another festival. He was charged for some kind of indecent behaviour if I remember correctly.

Newcastle somewhere, right?

The real motive behind selfie sticks

I do giggle a bit when i see people coming out of a longdrop cubicle looking traumatised and they just give that sad intense glare to their mates accompanied by a slow shake of the head

:lol:

that was me year before last, but the accident was much more localised. took the loo roll, went back in *sigh*

Yes I like the look on the first timers faces coming out the long drops as if they have just witnessed a murder and then a veteran coming out beaming next to them pleased with their first fresh air poo of the day. I would search for pictures of long drop faces of people emerging but can't be arsed and need to get to airport to fly home and pack now.

Yes I like the look on the first timers faces coming out the long drops as if they have just witnessed a murder and then a veteran coming out beaming next to them pleased with their first fresh air poo of the day. I would search for pictures of long drop faces of people emerging but can't be arsed and need to get to airport to fly home and pack now.

I don't think it matters how many times you go, if you enjoy the smell/ experience of a longdrop you're a little bit weird! I agree it's a tiny part of the festival and I do personally just 'get on with it' most of the time, but when I've been hungover to hell, I bet I still make a longdrop face - it's normal!

P.s. this will be my 7th glasto

Edited by brightyoungthing