2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

So to summarise the last few pages or possibly most of this thread and potentially the rest of it till June is...

BMTH - never heard of em, bloody yoof and the shite they listen to, not good enough for headliner, they sell out stadiums, get with it grandpa, pissing, not actually pissing, some people happy, some people meh, some people couldn't give a flying fuck

So Sigor Ros? Whats the chances huh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Has there been any indication recently on the chances of Bon Iver turning up? If so, what would be the most likely slot

Nah I very much doubt it - think he'd pretty much have to headline Other and obviously it seems a bit jam packed up there. Only seems to be doing his own festival and one festival in Japan (so far)

19 hours ago, Inconspicuous said:

Just been told by the guy that always gets my lot silver hayes backstage passes (his sister is a secretary at Glastonbury HQ) that Bring my the Horizon will headline Saturday up against Adele on Pyramid.

I really hope you're right. That would sort out my Saturday and Sunday night in one foul swoop.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah I very much doubt it - think he'd pretty much have to headline Other and obviously it seems a bit jam packed up there. Only seems to be doing his own festival and one festival in Japan (so far)

I don't know... think sometimes people over-egg the extent to which a band would definitely need Other Stage Headliner. Last year West Holts had Hot Chip and George Clinton/Parliament. Are Bon Iver (or LCD for that matter) any bigger than them?

2 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

I don't know... think sometimes people over-egg the extent to which a band would definitely need Other Stage Headliner. Last year West Holts had Hot Chip and George Clinton/Parliament. Are Bon Iver (or LCD for that matter) any bigger than them?

Bon Iver ain't gonna play West Holts in any case. It's not just a third stage, it's got its own thang goin' on.

On 21 February 2016 at 7:26 PM, Inconspicuous said:

Just been told by the guy that always gets my lot silver hayes backstage passes (his sister is a secretary at Glastonbury HQ) that Bring my the Horizon will headline Saturday up against Adele on Pyramid.

Wonder what @eFestivals thinks about this given New Order TBC for Saturday 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Bon Iver ain't gonna play West Holts in any case. It's not just a third stage, it's got its own thang goin' on.

Yeah. I'm always told I get that one wrong... I've been 6 times but never figured what is and isn't allowed on there; )

So too big for Park, Other Stage full, not suitable for WH. Does sound a fit screwed for BI. Think what we need is a petition.  I'll start one against MBTH. They must have said something misogynist at some point in time....

7 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Yeah. I'm always told I get that one wrong... I've been 6 times but never figured what is and isn't allowed on there; )

So too big for Park, Other Stage full, not suitable for WH. Does sound a fit screwed for BI. Think what we need is a petition.  I'll start one against MBTH. They must have said something misogynist at some point in time....

Me Bring The Horizon? 

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wonder what @eFestivals thinks about this given New Order TBC for Saturday 

I've had info that New Order are the Saturday headliner and I've good reason to believe that's correct. (I've also had info from at least 2 other directions that they're headlining).

However, it's not impossible that things have been swapped around a bit, for one reason or another - tho I find it hard to believe BMTH would play on Saturday, given their commitments in Canada.

All in all I reckon my info is more likely correct that what matey heard, tho I guess we'll only find out which is right when announced.

BTW, just checking back on that New Order stuff I've just re-noticed that I was told Kendrick is the 3rd headliner - tho the guy telling me has his own suspicions that it might not be right, tho it's what he's heard via a band that's playing. (It's quite possible that this is one of those 'would like to do' things which get written on potential line-ups but doesn't come about ... I guess it depends on whether Kendrick is really exclusive to BST or not).

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had info that New Order are the Saturday headliner and I've good reason to believe that's correct. (I've also had info from at least 2 other directions that they're headlining).

However, it's not impossible that things have been swapped around a bit, for one reason or another - tho I find it hard to believe BMTH would play on Saturday, given their commitments in Canada.

All in all I reckon my info is more likely correct that what matey heard, tho I guess we'll only find out which is right when announced.

BTW, just checking back on that New Order stuff I've just re-noticed that I was told Kendrick is the 3rd headliner - tho the guy telling me has his own suspicions that it might not be right, tho it's what he's heard via a band that's playing. (It's quite possible that this is one of those 'would like to do' things which get written on potential line-ups but doesn't come about ... I guess it depends on whether Kendrick is really exclusive to BST or not).

Any thoughts on where that might leave LCD?