Arcadia Line-Up

Mr November

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do actually like Skream. His sets can be hit and miss but he's a lot better than lots of other popular 'house' DJs now, see Hannah Wants, MK etc. The last comment is relevant though, if he's playing late on he's guaranteed to be a mess, and his fucked sets are unsurprisingly the questionable ones from what I've seen.

Also yeah, he is nowhere near Dusky's league and will be a tiny bit annoyed if they're not playing elsewhere (maybe they've been announced but haven't seen?) as they are top quality.

Fingers crossed for Dusky, I've seen them twice now and I was that fucked both times I've got no recollection of them but I know I enjoyed it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvb0sPN3yU

don't get me started on Hannah Wants. How anyone can get that popular by not producing one thing her name sits on is beyond me. MK was credible before his re-emergence however

I've been listening to Dusky since Flo Jam was first released and if the only set they play is with Skream then I probably won't bother. Would much rather see them solo. The night they curated at Fabric was something else.

Edited by EZYSEY

Arcadia salvages the late night for me! So much good stuff on there! Saw Booka Shade live at Stereosonic Festival last November. They were superb but wasted on a crowd wanting EDM. Can't believe thet've got Maceo Plex and Beyer too! In fact, that Friday is spectacular but I'm happy with all three nights! Would prefer the acts on Arcadia to be in Shangri-La but beggars can't be choosers.

Wonder who that Sunday night TBC is. Maybe Chemical Brothers DJ set? Deadmau5 is on Friday, right? So I doubt he'll hang about for the whole weekend. Hopefully Nero will be announced on Tuesday. That'd be sweet.

Any recommendations off the arcadia line-up (or elsewhere for that matter) for someonewho, like me, is more into things like the chems, todd terje, Greg Wilson (off the lone-up) or ed banger records, dfa records etc? I'm not a fan of Drum n Bass, Jungle or Dubstep (bar something like Nero)...

I love the idea of arcadia but beyond Annie Mac and Groove Armada (both of whom I fear may be rammed) most of the acts don't tend to appeal to me?

Any recommendations off the arcadia line-up (or elsewhere for that matter) for someonewho, like me, is more into things like the chems, todd terje, Greg Wilson (off the lone-up) or ed banger records, dfa records etc? I'm not a fan of Drum n Bass, Jungle or Dubstep (bar something like Nero)...

I love the idea of arcadia but beyond Annie Mac and Groove Armada (both of whom I fear may be rammed) most of the acts don't tend to appeal to me?

You might like Nic Fanciulli. He plays tech house.

Deffinitely check out eats everything. I think you will like him.

Try Nicole Moudaber too on more of a techno vibe. I suspect she will be on in the Sonic on Friday night (if she clashes with Adam Beyer / Pan pot that will be stupid planning)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

nothing on the poster about a thursday soft launch?

in previous years have been able to stroll right in on thursday night with hardly any crowd and loads of room to dance inside it

No big name djs, but they play tunes while they are effectively testing the spider i guess

Arcadia salvages the late night for me! So much good stuff on there! Saw Booka Shade live at Stereosonic Festival last November. They were superb but wasted on a crowd wanting EDM. Can't believe thet've got Maceo Plex and Beyer too! In fact, that Friday is spectacular but I'm happy with all three nights! Would prefer the acts on Arcadia to be in Shangri-La but beggars can't be choosers.

Wonder who that Sunday night TBC is. Maybe Chemical Brothers DJ set? Deadmau5 is on Friday, right? So I doubt he'll hang about for the whole weekend. Hopefully Nero will be announced on Tuesday. That'd be sweet.

Neil thinks Deadmau5 is Saturday

You might like Nic Fanciulli. He plays tech house.

Deffinitely check out eats everything. I think you will like him.

Try Nicole Moudaber too on more of a techno vibe. I suspect she will be on in the Sonic on Friday night (if she clashes

with Adam Beyer / Pan pot that will be stupid planning)

Thanks FD, much apprciated. After a quick listen I cam definitely see each of those, particularly Eats Everything...

Hoping the sunday TBA is Rebel sound. Very surprised they haven't been announced yet. Maybe Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Doubtful, would expect Chase & Status & Rodigan to already be playing somewhere else on site for this to happen

Could walk straight over it was dead easy. just open field ahead of you no barriers at all right up to arcadia, just a block of loos on the right and then some backstage area and arc bar, then on the left wide open all the way back to arcadia's backstage some couple of hundred yards iirc

Hah just remembering the bizarre sight that greeted us heading that way on Sunday - out of the dark lurched two guys looking for all the known world like highly orthodox muslims only clearly having the drunken time of their lives falling all over each other trying not to land in the mud. the things i was seeing made no sense whatsoever, but it was good.

• 1 month later...