Glastocam!

pauladam

36 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Does anyone know the size of Arcadia spider this year?

Last year I think it was a slightly smaller version than some previous years. I am thinking when they had a bigger show when some mini-spiders hung upside down on long suspended lies and dropped orbs with creatures inside

Calling @stuie to thread!

😃

Ben

37 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Last year I think it was a slightly smaller version than some previous years. I am thinking when they had a bigger show when some mini-spiders hung upside down on long suspended lies and dropped orbs with creatures inside

The spider itself is the same size as always. You're thinking of when they bought the metamorphosis show which had all the add-ons, that hasn't been around since 2017.

39 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Calling @stuie to thread!

😃

Ben

Haha thanks Ben! 

So… there’s only one spider and it’s always been the same size.  The difference is that up until it was retired in 2017, it had additional robotic arms. When it returned to glasto last year, it had no arms.  Rumours are they got damaged in transit but that might just be bollocks. 

without arms:

2668AABD-0A83-4E43-AF8B-BBA85EB2D027.thumb.jpeg.16b74878e3b3da43df45220eb4160b53.jpeg

with arms:

61407EE6-A22F-4C20-BE6A-57B8CC57A9EA.thumb.jpeg.4598e94c6d9ffa3d1675b78d39ffb685.jpeg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

Haha thanks Ben! 

So… there’s only one spider and it’s always been the same size.  The difference is that up until it was retired in 2017, it had additional robotic arms. When it returned to glasto last year, it had no arms.  Rumours are they got damaged in transit but that might just be bollocks. 

without arms:

2668AABD-0A83-4E43-AF8B-BBA85EB2D027.thumb.jpeg.16b74878e3b3da43df45220eb4160b53.jpeg

with arms:

61407EE6-A22F-4C20-BE6A-57B8CC57A9EA.thumb.jpeg.4598e94c6d9ffa3d1675b78d39ffb685.jpeg

That 2nd one is way bigger! It takes up the whole photo while the other one is only a tiny little thing in the middle of the photo, like 10% of the size!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, themunn said:

That 2nd one is way bigger! It takes up the whole photo while the other one is only a tiny little thing in the middle of the photo, like 10% of the size!!

@fatherted 

• Upvote 1