Glastocam!

pauladam

I don't think the Hot Spots have been updated, the BBC Introducing stage now has a new location.

Also wasn't the Greenfield Ship left in place a long time after the last festival, when did that get taken away?

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

I don't think the Hot Spots have been updated, the BBC Introducing stage now has a new location.

Also wasn't the Greenfield Ship left in place a long time after the last festival, when did that get taken away?

Its over to the right of the hot spot. The hot spot is the greenpeace field not the ship

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

A fence musing.. 

How long does it take to pop out of one side of the camera, to then circle back around and re enter the other side of our screens?

Just accessed the camera archive and seen it doesn't get put up in one complete loop, answered my own question!

3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

A fence musing.. 

How long does it take to pop out of one side of the camera, to then circle back around and re enter the other side of our screens?

If they were doing it as a single, ever growing, piece of fence - then probably weeks.

Once they kick in full speed, they should be working on 3 or 4 sections at once so it won't play out like that.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Its over to the right of the hot spot. The hot spot is the greenpeace field not the ship

What is a hot spot?

No Michael Barrymore jokes, if you are old enough to remember what I mean 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

What is a hot spot?

No Michael Barrymore jokes, if you are old enough to remember what I mean 😂

Bottom of the page next to Best Shots, click on it and it pinpoints the different areas.

7 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Bottom of the page next to Best Shots, click on it and it pinpoints the different areas.

Ah OK, thanks!

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Cherry picker in WG field - suspect this may be tree surgeons dealing with ash dieback: image.png.22c32c34067d2f3147e8d73a961544f7.png

5 hours ago, LeeHC said:

Yeah, I have friends in the build crew and there's been a lot of ash dieback issues sadly 😢

Lo and behold:

image.png.c2b7091675de24165858cee653142ddf.png

* audio by Bob Vylan

* overcast, muggy with a gentle breeze. Perfect running weather if a little on the sweaty side.

*Heras fencing is now all down the east side of the site.

*Lock gates are up at the Temple.

* security on main gates and entrances

* wood chip mountain smells lovely

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

* audio by Bob Vylan

* overcast, muggy with a gentle breeze. Perfect running weather if a little on the sweaty side.

Are they using fresh wood chip from the farm … or is it being delivered ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

* audio by Bob Vylan

Yeah my lunchtime run around Bristol Harbour was a bit on the sticky side.  Nice breeze thou

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Love that question!
I recollect back in 2016 the whole stock of wood chip  that existed in central southern England was heading for Glastonbury .  No one else could get it. Then again that just might be one of those legendary anecdotes that are associated with our festival. Tons had to be dumped in front of the other stage, under the watchful eye and supervision by Michael  just prior to James performance.  There’s always been piles of the stuff just next to cockmill lane over the last few years. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I recollect back in 2016 the whole stock of wood chip  that existed in central southern England was heading for Glastonbury .  No one else could get it. Then again that just might be one of those legendary anecdotes that are associated with our festival. Tons had to be dumped in front of the other stage, under the watchful eye and supervision by Michael  just prior to James performance.  There’s always been piles of the stuff just next to cockmill lane over the last few years. 

That was a long stand. Worth it, was a great set from James.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Love that question!

I guess they build it up quite a while in advance so might be quite a process to get the amount required 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes it was, set was delayed but then Michael appeared in his red Land Rover and suddenly everything was ok! 

That was actually my first time seeing him up close. A load of James fans were standing together at the left hand side of the Other Stage barriers that were still in place as they placed the wood chippings, he walked towards the stage on the inside about 50 paces from us, got a nice wave and a grin!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, rubick said:

That was actually my first time seeing him up close. A load of James fans were standing together at the left hand side of the Other Stage barriers that were still in place as they placed the wood chippings, he walked towards the stage on the inside about 50 paces from us, got a nice wave and a grin!

We were in that bunch of folk waiting to get near the front. It was a bit swampy! 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think they would be pretty daft not to, given the number of trees that have come down. However, I can not say I’ve ever noticed the production. They are using a lot of felled trees to make the wooden fences that are between each stall. Plus the bonfires of course.