Glastocam!

pauladam

44 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm guessing at stone myself....looks like it's been dumped by the trailer load and I'm not sure what they'd need with wood chip there at present.  Maybe the stone is to back-fill the trenches that have been dug in front of Pyramid?

44 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm guessing at stone myself....looks like it's been dumped by the trailer load and I'm not sure what they'd need with wood chip there at present.  Maybe the stone is to back-fill the trenches that have been dug in front of Pyramid?

Yes, anyway  wood chip would probably have been dumped up near cockmill lane where there’s usually a store of it. Nice to see activity on site 

On 3/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, parsonjack said:

4 hours ago, William Mann said:

Looks like stone could be used as hardcore around the pyramid… or for the new concrete channels for electrics to the pyramid from lighting/sound tents?

It's probably more hard standing as there were similar piles late last month on the other side of the Pyramid as per this pic

image.thumb.png.8217e0d6b816e03c8d7819cf9eb3da0b.png

which turned into this

image.thumb.png.6997cacba8922423cfa02cb0720aa3ce.png

"Someone parked a car near the Pyramid Stage" is a bit over the top even for us, isn't it?

I mean, sure, it may have some connection to something that may or may not happen at the festival in the future. But there's almost no chance we'll be able to make that connection and there's zero chance that it directly manifests to something of substance on a Friday in March.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

"Someone parked a car near the Pyramid Stage" is a bit over the top even for us, isn't it?

I mean, sure, it may have some connection to something that may or may not happen at the festival in the future. But there's almost no chance we'll be able to make that connection and there's zero chance that it directly manifests to something of substance on a Friday in March.

Thought I’d post it anyway … quiet day while trying to pick out highlights of last years build …. Soon be time though …. And that’s not ‘us ‘ that I know of 🙂 

3 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Kind of funny seeing that that video, looking all grey and wet and crap and imaging that's where Elton John will be standing in a few months time. Magic 😊 

True, when we visit the site it’s strange to silently stand exactly where we have stood for some unforgettable sets, the memories come flooding back. Even finding the spots where we pitched our tent up at Hitchin or lime kiln. Remarkable how the empty fields are transformed and so many memories created. 

19 minutes ago, William Mann said:

🤨

9AD12B4F-DDED-4289-BAEB-4CF43EFB6D6D.jpeg
one cherry picker has been dropped off. Perhaps for the cover?

I reckon so! There's a bit of a gap in the Glasto Webcam Tool for late March last year, but a cherry picker was spotted on site on 17th...

17-3-22.thumb.jpg.5e2ce25c4cfeeca9cf66d8da422ee83f.jpg

After that there's no archive for a few days - I believe we missed the first bit of the cover going on - and when the cam came back online, she was half dressed.

It's happening!

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

When the organisers do things like drop off cherry pickers to the Pyramid do you think they are aware of the seismic shockwaves it sends through us groups of webcam voyeurs? I've texted 3 individual people and 1 group of 6 about a cherry picker and we've discussed little else this morning.

Everything about this festival has always had a strange effect on me!

1 minute ago, Adammm said:

When the organisers do things like drop off cherry pickers to the Pyramid do you think they are aware of the seismic shockwaves it sends through us groups of webcam voyeurs? I've texted 3 individual people and 1 group of 6 about a cherry picker and we've discussed little else this morning.

I gave my mum a call for Mother’s Day yesterday and got her ‘that’s nice, dear’ tone when talking excitedly about piles of dirt appearing next to the pyramid skeleton. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adammm said:

Think my boyfriend is starting to think I’m even more odd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I gave my mum a call for Mother’s Day yesterday and got her ‘that’s nice, dear’ tone when talking excitedly about piles of dirt appearing next to the pyramid skeleton. 

I did a Facebook post in 2014 celebrating that the super fence was beginning to be put up and posted a screen shot of the webcam. I quickly realised from people's responses that very few others are interested in these things. I learnt to stick to these message boards after that!

8 minutes ago, Adammm said:

If I was involved in the organisation of the festival in any way I would be purposely messing with the likes of us 😄 Start painting on the grass to drive people into a frenzy only for it to read "Hi" or something equally boring.

1 minute ago, Adammm said:

I did a Facebook post in 2014 celebrating that the super fence was beginning to be put up and posted a screen shot of the webcam. I quickly realised from people's responses that very few others are interested in these things. I learnt to stick to these message boards after that!

😄 I can imagine the comments that post got. I have stopped posting anything related to the festival in groups other than Glasto ones. And even some of those don't seem to have the same excitement for pieces of fence or cherry pickers as the fine people of eFests. Cultured, that's what we are.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If I was involved in the organisation of the festival in any way I would be purposely messing with the likes of us 😄 Start painting on the grass to drive people into a frenzy only for it to read "Hi" or something equally boring.

Or announce a BS lineup

33 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

🤣🤣 yes I would do exactly the same.

It does crack me up when everyone starts getting excited about portaloos and fences. 🤣

51 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

🤣🤣 yes I would do exactly the same.

It does crack me up when everyone starts getting excited about portaloos and fences. 🤣

Were you here last year for the controversy over the acceptability of comments on the sleeping habits of crew staying in cabins directly in view of the webcam?

We went next level in 2022.