Best coffee / food shop

DaveyGee

Hi All (newbie here),

My first Glatonbury this year and going solo! :unsure:

Can anyone recommend the best places to get a nice morning coffee and dinner....

I'm a bit apprenhensive about going solo, but way excited and gonna try and soak up the atmosphere as well as enjoy as

many bands as possible.

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

first of all, get yourself to a festival meet like on Weds evening, after cracking open a tinny with those camping round you, and you'll have company when you wish it.

Food is generally good and varied, everyone has a favourite. Have a gander on the photo thread for ideas, veggie and non - veggie. Sorry to be non specific but there is so much choice, like Williams Green, the Park etc.

I go for the music too, but please make time for the Green Fields, cabaret and other areas, you may see them all after 12 festivals :-) I'm still only on my 4th time.

There's enormous amounts of unbelievably good food around. Only the generic ones by Pyramid stage are worth avoiding.

Loads of people bang on about the veggie options but frankly their meaty counterparts are all much better. My favourites from the last couple of years in no particular order are

- Le Rac Shack - Melted raclette cheese on potatoes with chorizo or merguez sausage

- Baba G’s – Lamb Royal Rump wrap

- Goan Fish Curry

- Jolly Hog – top sausages

- Strumpets with Crumpets – ideal at 3am

There’s loads. Try as much as possible. Have six meals a day, that helps.

Hi All (newbie here),

My first Glatonbury this year and going solo! :unsure:

Can anyone recommend the best places to get a nice morning coffee and dinner....

I'm a bit apprenhensive about going solo, but way excited and gonna try and soak up the atmosphere as well as enjoy as

many bands as possible.

Thanks

Real Coffee

Can never remember the name, but if you like veggie there's an awesome falafel stand near West Holts. Their signature one has something like 14 ingredients in the salad, and it's bloody lovely. I hit it at least 3 times over the week.

There's enormous amounts of unbelievably good food around. Only the generic ones by Pyramid stage are worth avoiding.

Loads of people bang on about the veggie options but frankly their meaty counterparts are all much better. My favourites from the last couple of years in no particular order are

- Le Rac Shack - Melted raclette cheese on potatoes with chorizo or merguez sausage

Le Rac is run by my other half's best friend. He did very well last year and I reckon he will get featured in the festival handbook thing.

I had a great coffee from somewhere in the circus fields... I think

Loads of people bang on about the veggie options but frankly their meaty counterparts are all much better.

Yeah vegetarians are total c**ts.

The coffee place beside the fish curry stall at the right of the West Holts stage (as you look at it) is the best Ive had.

I love Anna Mae's Mac'n'Cheese but I don't remember where they were last year. I was lost every time I found them.

there was a really nice grilled cheese place as well. don't remember the name, i guess it was grilled cheese van or something obvious. They were in a slightly muddy place, with some music on the background. that's all i can remember now.

Le Rac Shack is one of our faves - in the Williams Green-ish area.

Great wood-fired pizza in the area opposite the Glade, & also a veggie one nr Astrolabe etc.

Can also recommend the Tiny Tea tent, great for a spot of people watching.

You are going to have a blast. Trust us!

- Baba G’s – Lamb Royal Rump wrap

- Goan Fish Curry

- Jolly Hog – top sausages

- Strumpets with Crumpets – ideal at 3am

There’s loads. Try as much as possible. Have six meals a day, that helps.

Locations would be great T22.

Yeah vegetarians are total c**ts.

The coffee place beside the fish curry stall at the right of the West Holts stage (as you look at it) is the best Ive had.

Yep great coffee, and the the fish curry stall does an absolutely amazing Kedgeree for breakfast with this lovely green chilli sauce. Top combo.

Thanks everyone, sounds like there's an awesome variety to choose from

Think I'll eat better than at home!

*titter*

You will look back upon this thread and laugh at yourself in a good way. The one thing I would say is avoid the huge BREAKFAST tents if you want nice food not slop or it'll all go horribly wrong. The mass catering stalls are distinguishable by their near identical signage and range of product, you'll see what I mean and just avoid....

There's an amazing coffee place not far from the merchandise stall by the other stage facing the path towards silver Hayes and I know it's f@£ing useless for you as its your first time but the guardian lounge used to do sound tea and coffee...... God I miss the guardian lounge.

Thanks EC.

I'll try and find it along with the other suggestions.

Whats that thing they do with maps.......oh yeah orienteering :)

Cheers