Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly one of worst line ups I have ever seen at a major festival such as Coachella.

People whinging about Adele, foos / Muse, Coldplay and they get that trio.....be thankful is all I can say. If Harris and LCD play glasto, it would be on other stage only I imagine.

Guns n Roses must be asking for fortunes judging by the lack of big bands on there.

2 minutes ago, Ben Holland said:

Honestly one of worst line ups I have ever seen at a major festival such as Coachella.

People whinging about Adele, foos / Muse, Coldplay and they get that trio.....be thankful is all I can say. If Harris and LCD play glasto, it would be on other stage only I imagine.

Guns n Roses must be asking for fortunes judging by the lack of big bands on there.

What's there that's making that the worst line up you've ever seen at a major festival? Also what's not there that could make it infinitely better? 

They have one of the biggest name in dance, one of rocks biggest bands reuniting with their original line up and the reunion of one of the most exciting electronic/rock bands of the last 20 years

I would take those three headlining the Pyramid instead without hesitation. It wouldn't be as big and obviously LCD couldn't really do it but it'd be something different at least. 

Also I think you'd have to have a grim taste in music to think that's a bad line up - line up meaning the whole bill rather than the names in the biggest font.

20 minutes ago, Ben Holland said:

Ignore Sunday and there is some decent stuff but how someone can say you must have some grim taste is silly, that's why they book different acts and not just what one person wants. I feel it's not great but also not bad, helped out by GNR and the odd ramdom one like Rancid and Volbeat, that's my thoughts though.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Ignore Sunday and there is some decent stuff but how someone can say you must have some grim taste is silly, that's why they book different acts and not just what one person wants. I feel it's not great but also not bad, helped out by GNR and the odd ramdom one like Rancid and Volbeat, that's my thoughts though.

Yeah and that's because you gave up listening to any new music or variety of music to do festival predicting full time. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What's there that's making that the worst line up you've ever seen at a major festival? Also what's not there that could make it infinitely better? 

They have one of the biggest name in dance, one of rocks biggest bands reuniting with their original line up and the reunion of one of the most exciting electronic/rock bands of the last 20 years

I do happen to think LCD looks piss poor at the top but I'm not a fan and they thought the same about Blur and The Roses which I accept. I don't disagree with LCDs booking mind.

4 minutes ago, ericlered said:

LCD are ludicrously overrated. How many years since the massively hyped final shows as well... is he short of a few bob?

I think it's that he's alright money-wise but these shows are just so ridiculously lucrative that you'd be mad to turn it down. A few million dollars just for two Coachella shows after such a short time away is pretty good going.

6 minutes ago, ericlered said:

LCD are ludicrously overrated. How many years since the massively hyped final shows as well... is he short of a few bob?

I think they're important to a lot of people. They were the correct amount of cool, unknown, and interesting. Pitchfork hailed them as the second coming, which I think has trickled through to the collective consciousness. Their film probably helped with that too.

As for the reformation, does anybody have that James Murphy quote to hand? I can't find it.

I didn't get the impression from the film that he had completely convinced himself that it was a good idea.