Hangovers

boblaw

Glastonbury appears to be the only place on Earth where I never have a hangover. It's weird cos, at home, even if I have one can of cider I feel rubbish the next day. I did get a bad case of the shits a few years ago though after a horrific night mixing whisky and vodka during Arctic Monkeys - thankfully I was over the worst of it by the time the Stones came on the next day.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope that ur so drunk the excess alcohol will take over ur crotchal region and start producing large quantities of testosterone and if ur lucky u might wake up with a pair of bollocks.

But really, I'd say just face the inevitable and get back on it, plenty of food, I'd skip the caffeine and greasy foods myself in favour of healthier options. , ul be fine in no time.

Another vote for the "alcohol poo" here too. Without being too descriptive, having a big poo the morning after a lot of booze will make you feel so much better!

I am definitely getting on the 5-htp thing though. I do get a bit of the fear and would like to avoid it!!

I'll add my approval of Dioralyte or Alka Seltzer.
A sachet of either in a pint of water, plus 2 paracetamol before you go to sleep and it makes a helluva difference.

If you want to take a Berocca as well it'll help even more.

Nothing is full proof but if you're prone to concussive headaches and generally feeling unwell like I am these days, this is a lifesaver.

Get a Baileys coffee and some decent grub first thing after waking up, and you're sorted

Edit: Just saw the stuff about 5-HTP. That's going on the festival shopping list!

Edited by Space Shanty

When you have certain 'party medication' shall we say, it releases the serotonin stored in your brain, and 5HTP replaces it, so you can take it at anytime really as long as you don't have too much over the course of a day. I normally take it first thing when I wake up if I forget before bed (but before bed is better). I'm not a doctor but this is from research I have done. Always works a treat for myself and festie mates.

It also means your brain has serotonin ready for your next dosage the next night (you may have experienced it when you take something 2 nights in a row and it just doesn't work, this is because you have no serotonin left to release)

Again, I'm probably not explaining this completely correctly, but it's a gist!

to the best of my knowledge that is the craic.

I've used it just as a mood elivator when I was having a tough time, I can honestly say it helped just enough and I was taking a small & steady dose over a month or so.

But this year I'm all over it for comedowns & "preloading" as last year I didnt really come up on the second night but the comedown sunday morning was diabolical. hopefully a bit of 5htp will not only take the edge of the following morning but add my buzz on the 2nd or 3rd night.

I'm also going to pack some B vitamins for the morning as they genuinly help energy levels later int he day, they need to be taken over the course of a few weeks though I've found to havve any proper effect.

I've also used those SIS electroliyte gels for a quick hydration punch, cant hurt.

I'd skip the caffeine

Agreed, I crash hard off caffine so I avoid it like the plague, I'll have a cup of tea but no coffee or energy drinks.

I partly agree with your greasy food theroy too, I need MEAT spicy spicy MEAT and not the processed kind. And for some reason heatwave doritos.

Agreed, I crash hard off caffine so I avoid it like the plague, I'll have a cup of tea but no coffee or energy drinks.

I partly agree with your greasy food theroy too, I need MEAT spicy spicy MEAT and not the processed kind. And for some reason heatwave doritos.

As much as I personally recommend avoiding the greasy food I do tend to find myself divulging in it! Hangovers deeply effect my will power!

I think different things work for different people too

Chili is good. Washes the toxins out. Codine is good. Water is essential. Not being 32c helps too.

I met a girl at Electric Picnic last year who was almost obsessive about the effects of Dioralyte and Solpadeine dissolved in a pint of water.

Said it was like George's Marvellous Medicine... it has the codeine that a lot of tablets don't have.

It's harder to get up here but must source some out for this year

Chilli. I like ur style.

I get awful hangovers but I can usually power through. What my great fear is though, it's the shits. Rehydration tablets scare me

Don't Dioralyte prevent the poos?

I think it says something about "hardening" in the leaflet (sorry about being graphic) :(

Chili is good. Washes the toxins out. Codine is good. Water is essential. Not being 32c helps too.

Joking aside, chili is excellent. A few years ago, I had a stinking hangover, so had a bowl of chili sauce with some jerk chicken in it. All the toxins sweated right out and I was ready to get back on it!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Chilli. I like ur style.

I get awful hangovers but I can usually power through. What my great fear is though, it's the shits. Rehydration tablets scare me

You're afraid of the shits and rehydration tabs? You'll get the shits if you're dehydrated. Take a dioralyte. Or two. From experience, walking around the site in the dark and the mud trying to find a clean shitter is no fun.

I met a girl at Electric Picnic last year who was almost obsessive about the effects of Dioralyte and Solpadeine dissolved in a pint of water.

Said it was like George's Marvellous Medicine... it has the codeine that a lot of tablets don't have.

It's harder to get up here but must source some out for this year

Codine is essential. Dissolvable aswell. Anything else simply won't do.

Joking aside, chili is excellent. A few years ago, I had a stinking hangover, so had a bowl of chili sauce with some jerk chicken in it. All the toxins sweated right out and I was ready to get back on it!

Yep. Although if you're not used to chili it can be tough on the stomach. I personally love an egg or two smothered in Tabasco.

Edited by The Nal

so this 5HTP stuff are there any negative side effects?

I'm definitley considering it

I've never had any, it's just herbal really. Cheapest and best I've found is on Amazon as they're not very cheap in general. Don't get from Holland and Barrett as charge a fortune and they're half strength.

Ever since starting them, I might have a headache still, but never get really depressed and anxious the next day like I used to, and if I feel mentally ok, I can take on anything else!

Plus stops you not coming up the next night (like filling up the tank with happy juice)

I get these ones.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-HTP-Pro-Advanced-Wellbeing-Hormonal/dp/B00LAJ9FMO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430129862&sr=8-3&keywords=5-htp

I've never had any, it's just herbal really. Cheapest and best I've found is on Amazon as they're not very cheap in general. Don't get from Holland and Barrett as charge a fortune and they're half strength.

Ever since starting them, I might have a headache still, but never get really depressed and anxious the next day like I used to, and if I feel mentally ok, I can take on anything else!

Plus stops you not coming up the next night (like filling up the tank with happy juice)

I get these ones.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-HTP-Pro-Advanced-Wellbeing-Hormonal/dp/B00LAJ9FMO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430129862&sr=8-3&keywords=5-htp

I'm going to give them a go!

Thanks

How long until we get the, 'don't drink' answer?

I wouldn't dream of suggesting 'don't drink', but 'don't mix your drinks' is certainly good advice. When I drink a fuckload, I try to drink a fuckload of the same thing. With the magic fresh air of Glastonbury, a box of wine OR eight pints OR a load of homemade cherry lips vodka won't give you a hangover, but half a box of wine, four pints, some cocktails, a bit more wine, some vodka and another pint for the road will hurt the next morning... :D

If you DO get a hangover, an egg bap from the Fluffy Rock Cafe should sort you out. £1.50 well spent.