Hangovers

boblaw

It's a cliche and has been mentioned several times before but I really just get on with it. Usually you'll have had an amazing night so a couple of hours feeling bad is worth it IMHO

Wake up > cigarette & water or something sugary > some grub (greasier / stodgier the better) > coffee / tea > resume drinking

Could add in your morning poo anywhere on that list too

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dioralyte for me before bed and in the morning, I have them in mybag during the day too and sometimes stick one in my water.

Dehydration along with the sunshine can be a killer for me and this worked well in 2013.

I take milk thistle too, start taking it a few days before.

This topic comes up every year and every year my number 1 bit of advice is simple. Wake up, get out of your tent and get moving, go for a walk, go to the toilet, go get your water for the morning, whatever it is don't lay in your tent thinking about how crap you feel as it will make you feel worse.

I have a couple of wobbly eggs before bed, then it feels like you've been asleep about ten minutes, then I wake up, pull some clothes on and im off for a morning shite, then go get my water for the day, then wash and freshen up, have something to eat like cereal bars, porridge ect, nice glass of juice with some vitamins ect, then once Ive been settled into my chair for a bit and its a can and a glasto ciggy. Once that's out the way I'll get moving to find some proper grub and get on with the day.

The only time in 6 visits Ive felt like death was last year on the Saturday morning. I don't touch vodka, it gives me a pounding headache, but my newbie mate had brought 5ltrs of vodka and coke with him which we polished off between us on the Friday. I tried everything to shift my headache the next day, by 10am I thought fuck it, poured myself a spiced vodka and orange juice, once id had a couple of them I started on the cider, so if all else fails just grab another drink and go with the flow, I was wrecked by 11:30am on the Saturday last year.

Never really had a bad one at Glasto, which is amazing really. Perhaps it is just all that fresh air! But, I've found that sticking your head under a cold water tap (they are REALLY freezing) gets rid of the late night fug and makes you feel all cleansed. Then, a couple of paracetamol, followed by a simple bacon, egg & ketchup bap washed down with a hot cup of strong tea. Sorted and ready to face another day. Mind you, I still feel like absolute death when I get home.

Over the last few years i've been suffering badly from hangovers and often find its the day after the hangover which affects me more. So i'm reading every single post in this thread and using every bit of advice. Getting up, out and doing something to take your mind of it seems to be what works best for me.

I have several strategies for coping at Glastonbury, thankfully the last few times I've gone I have actually been quite sensible. The general approach is water and ibuprofen before bed, wake up and get out to get food/tea/toilet break, return to tent and consume dioralyte/berocca cocktail, take painkillers and then have another nap for about half an hour while the rest of my camp wakes up, open beer whilst still in bed, move to chair after first beer consumed - get the day started (preferably with some dancing)

This topic comes up every year and every year my number 1 bit of advice is simple. Wake up, get out of your tent and get moving, go for a walk, go to the toilet, go get your water for the morning, whatever it is don't lay in your tent thinking about how crap you feel as it will make you feel worse.

Bang on!

I get bad hangovers (See my avatar) but last year I escaped, despite getting through 80 cans over the weekend.

How? A berrocca before bed and one on waking up. Then a bacon sarnie, a bit of a wash down in my tent and a very thorough teeth brushing.

+1 for teeth brushing.

Hangover nausea is usually caused by too much acid so you need to reduce it or prevent too much being produced in the first place. You can use stuff like Rennies, or there is ranitidine and stronger stuff like omeprazole/esomeprazole that stop it being produced in the first place. I used to suffer badly with vomiting when hungover, but now I take omeprazole and the very most I'll feel is a bit queasy if that.