Hangovers

boblaw

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to an indie club (The Pink Toothbrush for any Essex types) at the weekend for the first time in about 15 years. And despite being in my early 40s, was pleased to actually feel young compared to some of the crowd. Thought that as we were all trying to relive our youth, that drinking copious amounts of Snakebite would be a great idea.

My hangovers are the same as Pentura, horrific stuff, but tried one of these for the first time - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/01/do-hangover-patches-work_n_6070242.html and have to say, was nowhere near as bad as usual. Need to give it another go before I fully believe it made any difference at all, but early signs were positive.

I normally feel like i'm on the brink of cardiac arrest the morning after the night before. So doubt ibuprofen etc would suit me. Dioralyte sounds interesting though never heard of it. Might give it a try this year, although as many have said I find a good walk in the fresh air often works a wonder together with a can of Cider. Getting over the first few sips is the key!

How much sleep roughly do you guys aim to get per night at Glaston? I'm a man who loves his sleep or I can't really operate the next day. So although I could probably do one Arcadia night to 5 in the morn, I'd say I'd have to sleep pretty long the next day.

In saying that, I can imagine you're often too over excited to sleep long amounts at Glastonbury. Grin and bear it I guess.

i usually get about 4 hours of sleep a night (if i'm lucky) at Glastonbury (and there's usually a day when i go way overboard on the drink and end up going to sleep at a fairly reasonable hour, but the hangover kills off any sense that i've had a decent nights sleep). i'm also somebody who loves their sleep, but at Glastonbury there's much more i'd rather be doing with my time so i don't mind the lack of it

Again the folk buying 5-HTP from supplement shops - buy some electrolyte tablets at the same time and use them rather than diarolyte - it's a tenth of the cost and a pill so there's no foul tasting drink to down

They also contain a far better balance of salts - dioralyte is emergency medicine for diarrhoea, the electrolytes are meant for sports folk/sweaty jobs where you get dehydrated just like festivals and all that dancing so they're spot on

I went to the Hit the Deck festival on Saturday and my hangover was so bad (and long) that I had two Anadin Extras this morning before I went to work.

Admittedly I started at midday and finished at 2am but still having a hangover on Monday morning from a Saturday piss up is a sure sign that I'm getting old.

I was once pretty hungover on a Tuesday after an all nighter on a Saturday. To be fair, I had started off with cocktails at 8pm and drank more at the club than usual because I fell out with who I was with. It was horrible.

How much sleep roughly do you guys aim to get per night at Glaston? I'm a man who loves his sleep or I can't really operate the next day. So although I could probably do one Arcadia night to 5 in the morn, I'd say I'd have to sleep pretty long the next day.

In saying that, I can imagine you're often too over excited to sleep long amounts at Glastonbury. Grin and bear it I guess.

It varies, but 4 hours after the Friday and Saturday night is a good nights sleep. I get a bit more on Thursday night because things close earlier and on Sunday night sometimes because I'm dead on my feet.

I don't sleep well after drinking and sometimes the shorter sleep means you wake up still a bit drunk and it's easier to get back on it.

Went to an indie club (The Pink Toothbrush for any Essex types) at the weekend for the first time in about 15 years. And despite being in my early 40s, was pleased to actually feel young compared to some of the crowd. Thought that as we were all trying to relive our youth, that drinking copious amounts of Snakebite would be a great idea.

My hangovers are the same as Pentura, horrific stuff, but tried one of these for the first time - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/01/do-hangover-patches-work_n_6070242.html and have to say, was nowhere near as bad as usual. Need to give it another go before I fully believe it made any difference at all, but early signs were positive.

Haha hangover patch - wonder how that works? That dude sure looked like hell the next morning anyway!

Again the folk buying 5-HTP from supplement shops - buy some electrolyte tablets at the same time and use them rather than diarolyte - it's a tenth of the cost and a pill so there's no foul tasting drink to down

They also contain a far better balance of salts - dioralyte is emergency medicine for diarrhoea, the electrolytes are meant for sports folk/sweaty jobs where you get dehydrated just like festivals and all that dancing so they're spot on

What does 5-HTP do? and where can i find these electrolyte tablets?

Dioralyte is an electrolyte, basically just a way of getting lost salts back into your body that are lost through sweat ad dehydration which is obviously a major cause of the hangover itself, I think an electrolyte drink is also supposed to assist with the absorption of fluids too.

I have a big tub of electrolyte powder I use for cycling so I may just take some of that with me to add to my water, has carbs and protein too so could be an ideal morning drink actually.

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

Sure you weren't drinking Rodney's all night? :drinks:

The main thing I have found is to drink the dioralyte/resolve/electrolyte at night before you go to sleep. Much more effective than taking it when you wake up when the hangover has already kicked in.

I try to remember to take it out with me and drink it on the way back to the tent. Doesn't always materialize that way though.