Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

just a reminder, if you have several people trying for you BUT not for everyone you are trying for, you could end up with some in the group having tickets (bought by others) and some not, if this happens it will cause delays if you get a page because when you hit proceed it will come back saying some reg`s have been used!!!!!   As last year it lasted approx 90 sec`s you will not have time to identify and delete those reg`s that have been used and then re-submit.

This is a big issue people forget about. Be careful you keep track of where reg's might be used!

3 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

just a reminder, if you have several people trying for you BUT not for everyone you are trying for, you could end up with some in the group having tickets (bought by others) and some not, if this happens it will cause delays if you get a page because when you hit proceed it will come back saying some reg`s have been used!!!!!   As last year it lasted approx 90 sec`s you will not have time to identify and delete those reg`s that have been used and then re-submit.

Yeah, good call. Let's not cause problems like that again :P

11 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Echoing last few posts, does anyone have any inside line on what we are waiting for? Some friend or friend's brother's dog walker's ex-gardening assisant's teacher's friend's aunt who works with someone who knows someone at See or GF?

Nothing new from very brief check ins over the weekend.  The main topic of discussion seemed to be VIP tickets - I retained nothing informative, so go dig if that sounds interesting.  We had a fairly solid rebuff from See last week - but I was reflecting that this wasn't a very public rebuff, so sending it to one person and that it then making it into our echo-chamber doesn't really stand out as a firm denial to me.  Neil seemed to think they were in a bit of chaos at SEE, that they may need all the tickets for the festival, that they may not, and worth waiting / holding out for a few more days (Tuesday was suggested).  There's (pretty much?) always been a resale, but before now the longest wait between refund dates was approx 13 days I think.  In other anecdotes one person on here has been told hundreds were being returned (c.f. the bit above about maybe they need them all).  Main thing is, we're still here :)

Edit: Re the SEE rebuff - I think it also said something like, 'there is no such thing as secret resales', I mean wtf?  loada rubbish

Edited by p.pete

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Nothing new from very brief check ins over the weekend.  The main topic of discussion seemed to be VIP tickets - I retained nothing informative, so go dig if that sounds interesting.  We had a fairly solid rebuff from See last week - but I was reflecting that this wasn't a very public rebuff, so sending it to one person and that it then making it into our echo-chamber doesn't really stand out as a firm denial to me.  Neil seemed to think they were in a bit of chaos at SEE, that they may need all the tickets for the festival, that they may not, and worth waiting / holding out for a few more days (Tuesday was suggested).  There's (pretty much?) always been a resale, but before now the longest wait between refund dates was approx 13 days I think.  In other anecdotes one person on here has been told hundreds were being returned (c.f. the bit above about maybe they need them all).  Main thing is, we're still here :)

Ah I haven't missed anything then. Your summaries bring me much joy, Thank you!

Morning all, checking in and checking straight back out. First day for 2 weeks that I won't have access to laptop or regular access to phone. Good luck to all trying should it be today, which knowing my luck it will be!

Is there a chance that the tickets that See have been able to give away to their mates of late (for example to the efestivals guy) has replaced the secret sale.

Sick if it has, extra tickets going to the corporate machine. Why not give one of the workers a bonus by giving them a ticket, and let another volenteer take their place.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

Is there a chance that the tickets that See have been able to give away to their mates of late (for example to the efestivals guy) has replaced the secret sale.

Sick if it has, extra tickets going to the corporate machine. Why not give one of the workers a bonus by giving them a ticket, and let another volenteer take their place.

I don't think they can just decide to add to the number of hospitality/workers tickets as the number of punters, workers and Sunday tickets are set out in the license. Plus I expect they'd rather the money goes to charity rather than a handout for someone's annual junket. 

5 minutes ago, musky said:

I don't think they can just decide to add to the number of hospitality/workers tickets as the number of punters, workers and Sunday tickets are set out in the license. Plus I expect they'd rather the money goes to charity rather than a handout for someone's annual junket. 

It would be adding, it would still be from returned tickets. But rather than sell them on, give more to the corporate fat cats. While at the same time companies make money from web tracking services.