Secret resales 2015

Terence99

6 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Right

Massive decision to make...

Im really in a quandary 

Do I go home smashed and take a bollocking from my current/first wife or bat on till midnight and try and creep in unnoticed?? 

Tough call...

That really is a tough call, and one I have often failed to accurately get correct. You might have to play your Joker and claim alien abduction. All the best. :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Right

Im really in a quandary 

Do I go home smashed and take a bollocking from my current/first wife or bat on till midnight and try and creep in unnoticed?? 

Tough call...

If it's any consolation Andy, I'm both drunk and (probably) sun burnt. So festival mode already really.

56 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Good news for me today; I got a 2.1 in my dissertation so looks like I got a 2.1 overall for my degree!

Came on here this evening 75% pissed to specifically find out whether Jk had passed his exams. This proves:

1. JK isnt an idiot

2. I rally aught to get a life

WELL DONE JOHN

35 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Right

Im really in a quandary 

Tough call...

This is the same wife who NOT ONE WEEK AGO questioned your desire to get tickets? you seriously  have to ask this question?

43 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Right

Im really in a quandary 

Tough call...

Facetime her and leave the phone sitting in a position so she can see you. She may not get any of the atmosphere, fun and joy but, really, its just like being there!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

Right

Im really in a quandary 

Tough call...

Your gonna get bollocked either way so might as well rinse it for what you can get so stay out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That really is a tough call, and one I have often failed to accurately get correct. You might have to play your Joker and claim alien abduction. All the best. :)

Alien abduction?? She might go for that!!!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

All the cool people get desmonds. Everyone knows that.

Sorry to be a pain but I thought that a Desmond was a 2:2?? As in Tutu??

have I got this completely wrong all these years?

well done to JK fir getting a 2:1

Evening folks, checking in for the night shift at the end of what is now week 3 and I have to say it's really not looking good at this stage. It's my first bit of negativity on this thread since we started and I hate it.:(

However!

I'm still here!:)I still can't see any reason for there not to be even a handful of tickets released and for that reason alone I'll be here next week with the hardcore dedicated. 

#getustoglasto

#tillthebitterend

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening folks, checking in for the night shift at the end of what is now week 3 and I have to say it's really not looking good at this stage. It's my first bit of negativity on this thread since we started and I hate it.:(

However!

I'm still here!:)I still can't see any reason for there not to be even a handful of tickets released and for that reason alone I'll be here next week with the hardcore dedicated. 

#getustoglasto

#tillthebitterend

I'm sat at home drinking beer listening to Stereolab. My thoughts are that I think it seems too long, it's got to the point where I can't see it happening now, even when I'm sat during the 2-4 peak period I can't imagine it. I've got some for mates twice before in these sales, so was convinced it would happen this year, it was just if I was quick enough. 

As much as I can't now see it happening, I also still don't see why it wouldn't. There must be returns of some sort, there has been every other year so why not this year.

If they've all been absorbed by performers / workers whatever, then it's a first, but fair enough. If they've been sold by people at SEE to their mates, then that really doesn't sit right with me  

Either way, we'll never really know I suppose. Some will go on sale or they won't. 

12 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I wonder though if this isn't a "point to be made" so to speak.  As in, this year there is no resale, to break the pattern that there is always a resale. Might make the 2019 resale much more "secret" like it used to be ( as opposed to last year).  Just my 2p (& sorry pls no down votes!)

Possibly. I got them in 14, and 15 for friends, last year's one seemed even more well known (though I wasn't tryIng), but to me they're the people that really want to be there, so I don't see the point in trying to prove to them that there isn't always a resale. It's different people every year - I've never needed one myself at this stage until now in 11 consecutive festivals. Despite how well known these resales seem to be, I bet a very small percent of people attending actually know about them in reality. Only the people who really want to go do. I imagine (guess work here) that a third of the people that have tickets, if they didn't have them wouldn't even bother looking to find out about this stuff, never mind commit to it like people on here have  

By law of average I suppose I'll miss out at some point, it looks like this year now and thats fair enough, as much as I want a ticket I can only do what I can do. :)

Edited by General Lee
  • Upvote 1

The fact I'm not going in spite of trying every sale, facilitating 21 other ticket holders, applying for 4 or 5 avenues of work and entering every competition is finally sinking in. Sometimes these things are not meant to be I guess no matter how hard you try or how much you want it.

Doesn't mean it doesn't really hurt. Even seeing the Radio 1 big weekend ads hurt as they are usually the first bit of festival excitement of the year and now I likely won't get to a festival at all.

So upset this evening. (yea, sorry, my blind optimism has run out)

Edited by Beaver89
missed words

18 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Possibly. I got them in 14, and 15 for friends, last year's one seemed even more well known (though I wasn't tryIng), but to me they're the people that really want to be there, so I don't see the point in trying to prove to them that there isn't always a resale. It's different people every year - I've never needed one myself at this stage until now in 11 consecutive festivals. Despite how well known these resales seem to be, I bet a very small percent of people attending actually know about them in reality. Only the people who really want to go do. I imagine (guess work here) that a third of the people that have tickets, if they didn't have them wouldn't even bother looking to find out about this stuff, never mind commit to it like people on here have  

By law of average I suppose I'll miss out at some point, it looks like this year now and thats fair enough, as much as I want a ticket I can only do what I can do. :)

Well, I got my tickets in last year's secret resale. And it was brutal. I can recall the moment the text alert went off on my phone (2nd time this site has saved me - tracking service was worth every penny). I didn't even look at the phone - straight to the pre-written page, bang, I was in. Helped having two monitors, as one was on standby with the details. By the time I'd paid, it was all over.

The point I was trying to make is that thanks to social media, last year was not a secret resale at all.  Maybe this is someone trying to break the hold the internet had on it last time?

9 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

The fact I'm not going in spite of trying every sale, facilitating 21 other ticket holders, applying for 4 or 5 avenues of work and entering every competition is finally sinking in. Sometimes these things are not meant to be I guess no matter how hard you try or how much you want it.

Doesn't mean it doesn't really hurt. Even seeing the Radio 1 big weekend ads hurt as they are usually the first bit of festival excitement of the year and now I likely won't get to a festival at all.

Seriously you have got tickets for 21 others but not yourself? 

7 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Seriously you have got tickets for 21 others but not yourself? 

Careful to say 'facilitated' we use the grouping and helping method a lot of people use so the other groups were lucky in the sales but the two groups with me and my mates failed each time. The real kicker was that in the resale everyone came back to help but a technical fault meant that we got 5 people through to payment for us but it wouldn't proceed properly.

17 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Careful to say 'facilitated' we use the grouping and helping method a lot of people use so the other groups were lucky in the sales but the two groups with me and my mates failed each time. The real kicker was that in the resale everyone came back to help but a technical fault meant that we got 5 people through to payment for us but it wouldn't proceed properly.

I am a member of a large group too. Thankfully we did get everyone through this time. Any idea what caused the technical fault? I have found the cause is usually someone in two groups......

Fingers crossed for you, I was in the same position last year. Won tickets eventually! :)

3 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I am a member of a large group too. Thankfully we did get everyone through this time. Any idea what caused the technical fault? I have found the cause is usually someone in two groups......

Fingers crossed for you, I was in the same position last year. Won tickets eventually! :)

Thank you. Genuinely a smile before I Call it a night :)  (Out of Rep, sorry)

Tech fault was weird, no one in 2 groups (always careful on that and no one in the group has tickets so not that), we got to the point where you see the names and confirm, selecting tickets etc but when clicking proceed it got rid of the other theee, only had the lead and you could only choose children, instead of going to payment. This was at 9.03 so not sold out and defo on sale. It was so strange and we had 4 others saying the same thing. It was weird. We're all going to re-register for 2019 in case one of our reg is corrupted.

2 hours ago, Bathimp said:

Sorry to be a pain but I thought that a Desmond was a 2:2?? As in Tutu??

have I got this completely wrong all these years?

well done to JK fir getting a 2:1

You are right - a Desmond (or the beer drinkers degree) is a 2.2   My initial post to which Quark responded was saying well done to JK for 'avoiding' the 2.2 (Desmond) :)

7 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

I feel.your. pain i really wanted it this year more than usual and it didn't happen ...