Coachella

mccdyl001

2 hours ago, gfa said:

apparently they absolutely killed it

image.thumb.png.83d0636f42199cf5421ac850759a4b0b.png

@Suprefan any idea why that los fabulosos act is red? im baffled

They shuffled them around. They were on main stage originally and were moved. Im surprised because thats one less act on main for people waiting. Who doesnt want to hear Mexican Ska? And yeah, theyre a lot of fun so watch it on stream. 

Def a different energy today. Parking was pretty full for early arrival which indicates a lot of people came early. Supposed to be a classic day weather wise. Low 90's with a breeze.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

They shuffled them around. They were on main stage originally and were moved. Im surprised because thats one less act on main for people waiting. Who doesnt want to hear Mexican Ska? And yeah, theyre a lot of fun so watch it on stream. 

ah cheers

who have been your favourites each day so far?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp I sure hope every person in that crowd just stands there and records the whole thing now that Frank has bailed out of his show being streamed this late on. 

I've seen at least 100k views across 2-3 insta lives, he's also an hour late. Hilarious behaviour 

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

So was Frank shit? Did expect him to be a diva 

Haven’t watched any of it but general consensus I’ve seen is ‘eh’. Going from not performing live for six years (and not exactly being the best live performer in the first place) to outright headlining Coachella was always gonna be a tough sell. Tons of stopping and starting and milling about, including having a DJ play a bunch of songs mid-set, and all just a bit of a mess. 

Also said no new album yet so he’s definitely just gonna disappear for a few years again after next weeks show. 

I watched Remi Wolf, Elderbrook and boygenius on the live stream yesterday. Really enjoyed all 3, Remi Wolf was amazing. Definitely keeping an eye out for her touring. Shame the Frank show wasn’t live streamed, was looking forward to that later

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

I watched Remi Wolf, Elderbrook and boygenius on the live stream yesterday. Really enjoyed all 3, Remi Wolf was amazing. Definitely keeping an eye out for her touring. Shame the Frank show wasn’t live streamed, was looking forward to that later

probably for the best lol

Impressive booking but was always going to be a car crash in my eyes

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

probably for the best lol

Impressive booking but was always going to be a car crash in my eyes

Yup you don’t come out of live retirement and just waltz on stage and nail a Coachella headline show. I think the most exciting thing in the lead up was the hope that new music would come with it in some way, but he addressed pretty early in the set that that wasn’t gonna be the case, and then the rest of the set happened.

Ah well, hopefully the new album is good when it’s finally released in like two or three years time. 

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

So was Frank shit? Did expect him to be a diva 

As a huge Frank fan who woke up at 6am to 'watch' this morning, I don't think he's a 'diva' per se, just someone who struggles with fame and playing live. That's not an excuse for turning up an hour late at all, as you don't take the $$ if you aren't able to play the show, but I honestly think he's someone that as never adjusted to fame, nor has he ever wanted to be famous. 

I found it really touching when he spoke about performing at Coachella specifically because of his experiences there with his brother; though it would be nice if he took a second to consider his legion of fans in all of this. I'm holding out hope that W2 is ironed out - or he at least turns up on time.

The man's an enigma, and though he's pretty clearly shortchanged fans, I found his set 1000x more interesting than Bad Bunny's and Blackpink's combined.

Edit: Just to clarify, I thought his set was shite too. I did, however, also find it v interesting and thought there were some nice moments (White Ferrari and Godspeed were amazing). I'd much rather chat about it than the other headliners.

Edited by JayDiesel
Clarification that I'm not deaf

11 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

As a huge Frank fan who woke up at 6am to 'watch' this morning, I don't think he's a 'diva' per se, just someone who struggles with fame and playing live. That's not an excuse for turning up an hour late at all, as you don't take the $$ if you aren't able to play the show, but I honestly think he's someone that as never adjusted to fame, nor has he ever wanted to be famous. 

I found it really touching when he spoke about performing at Coachella specifically because of his experiences there with his brother; though it would be nice if he took a second to consider his legion of fans in all of this. I'm holding out hope that W2 is ironed out - or he at least turns up on time.

The man's an enigma, and though he's pretty clearly shortchanged fans, I found his set 1000x more interesting than Bad Bunny's and Blackpink's combined.

You literally just jumped through 10 hula hoops that were set on fire to justify the performance. 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You literally just jumped through 10 hula hoops that were set on fire to justify the performance. 

Oh, I didn't intend for it to sound justified. It was shit.

I'm somewhat justifying Frank ig, because altho he's not got a great live record, he's not usually this much of a carcrash.

Sorry if you spent time waiting to see that, I'd be gutted.

It will be interesting to see what happens with W2: I can imagine the organisers are coming up with backups (Calvin Harris bump?) in case Frank pulls out? Or maybe they are going to have a stiff word with Frank in the hopes he starts on time.

But I saw a rumour that apparently the stage show was to have an ice rink on stage with dancers during his set; but it kept melting and they had to pivot to something simpler? Probably not a good idea in the middle of a desert. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster
Typo

@Suprefan have you ever considered vlogging your time at coachella? I think a lot of us have seen it from the TPD TV british perspective it would be fascinating to see it from yours even if it was like 5-10 minutes a day. Would change a few peoples minds here as i'm sure your visit is quite different to theres!

Maybe for weekend 2 this year? 🙂 

4 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with W2: I can imagine the organisers are coming up with backups (Calvin Harris bump?) in case Frank pulls out? Or maybe they are going to have a stiff word with Frank in the hopes he starts on time.

But I saw a rumour that apparently the stage show was to have an ice rink on stage with dancers during his set; but it kept melting and they had to pivot to something simpler? Probably not a good idea in the middle of a desert. 😄

roller-skates next week? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

to think i considered travelling over for this just to see frank...

even though he cancelled his primavera set on me  many years ago for some bullshit reasons. the guy is now a kanye level risk for booking / going to see.

He has been for years

21 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

to think i considered travelling over for this just to see frank...

even though he cancelled his primavera set on me  many years ago for some bullshit reasons. the guy is now a kanye level risk for booking / going to see.

Same, I legitimately considered Weekend 2 on my own to see him lol; I'd be close to tears rn