The Walk of Death

Supernintendo Chalmers

Was thinking this morning that this time in 11 weeks, all the speculation, debate, argument and trolling will all be over and the 'lucky' ones among us will be participating in the dreaded, but ultimately rewarding traditional walk of death. Anyone got any good/bad stories while we wait for the lineup?

Edited by SPTFRE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a story but advice... get a trolley to make it all the more easier.

To add to that, make sure it's got decent track wheels

Behind 2 lads last year with a cheapo trolley stacked with beer, one of the wheels inevitably busts and it was bye bye brew time

Not a story but advice... get a trolley to make it all the more easier.

I've not once seen a trolley make anything easier for anyone. it slows you down, get's in the way of other people and can generally be a safety hazard if not secure properly. Saw a poor girl get her leg messed up last year by a tumbling trolley.

I will forever be a member of the anti-trolley brigade. Just take a second trip to the car.

i'm an all in one go kinda person so I use a reliable trolley. Has made it though at least 10 camping festivals and wasnt even expensive.

each to their own, I would never use a wheelbarrow but others swear by it.

if you want to make life easier and avoid the hill of death park on the west side of the site not the east.

I'm a smug travels-lite ninja newbie.

I shall stride past all the strugglers with my rucksack on my back, on my way to getting the perfect pitch...currently envisaged route in my head is gate A to Dairy...

Actually, I will likely offer to help others having a 'mare trying to cart enough stuff to sustain an army for a Siberian winter. 'Cause it's Glastonbury and I'm nice like that.

Ben

2 trips to the car is an absurd waste of time. I cannot comprehend making that horrific journey twice.

I will forever break my back and do it all in one journey. No trolley either.

I bet you people make two trips to the car when bringing your supermarket shopping bags in too.

Pathetic!

2 trips to the car is an absurd waste of time. I cannot comprehend making that horrific journey twice.

I bet you people make two trips to the car when bringing your supermarket shopping bags in too.

Pathetic!

Fancy carrying some of my booze in for me?

then I will bring my trusty grannie trolley, those are the beast ;)

You might regret that depending how much you fill it. Also wheely suitcases are possibly the worst thing to bring and you deserve to be stuck on the hills!

2013 was my turn to drive. Drove from Sheffield to site through Tuesday night, got in quick and got camp set up good and early. Had a great day exploring, drinking, chatting to strangers and when all my gang went to bed I found that despite having not slept since 7:00am on Tuesday, I wasn't tired so went solo wandering. Met and chatted to loads of people from all walks of life and ended up taking a bottle of rum with me to the stone circle with 2 lads from Sunderland to see the sunrise. Only time I've done it but it was great.

Staggered back to camp about 6:30 just in time to hear one of my mates stirring who, seeing me up and about in camp, suggested we go for coffee and breakfast. Seemed like a good idea. Things progress and before I know it, I've had another cracking day and its Thursday evening - still no sleep. Felt pretty good, got w*nkered on cider and finally got into the sleeping bag around midnight on Thursday having not slept for something like 65 hours without (I hasten to add) any chemical assistance.

One of my best Glasto memories. Moral of the story - sleep is optional, don't let it fool you into missing out.

Pathetic!

last time i did it in one trip i was having to give away tins of food too lessen the burden!

my prized macaroni chesse

sob...

Pathetic!

Haha! The second trip is always for booze, which I'll be taking less of this year. We also have a massive tent that needs 2 people to carry so if it isn't in the rucksack, it needs going back for.

Sadly, some of us are small of frame and short on cash!

I came on the coach last year, I struggled with my ruck sack, tent, and booze trolley (with ridiculously small wheels) on my own.

I managed as far as the family camp, where I asked If they could look after my booze trolley while I pitched up.

They where lovely enough to oblige. I camped in toms filed.

I then went back for my booze, struggled up the hill past the medical centre, unpacked, stripped down to my boxers and slept for two hours. Absolutely exhausted!

Edited by Stone_Love

You might regret that depending how much you fill it. Also wheely suitcases are possibly the worst thing to bring and you deserve to be stuck on the hills!

stuffed it to the brim, and with lots of crap on top, It's a winner I tell thee. my trolley did 2 Glastonburys and only broke when my son took it to NASS....