Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Well looks like we got a big rambling twitter rant from him last night and amongst all the madness was another confirmation of the album coming this Friday. 

I’m excited to hear the album, but after seeing some of those now deleted tweets, Christ do I hope the man is okay/gonna get some help

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m excited to hear the album, but after seeing some of those now deleted tweets, Christ do I hope the man is okay/gonna get some help

It seems like his friends and family want to help but he’s rejecting it. It’s really sad. A manic bipolar episode in front of the world, the effects of which are going to hit him badly - publicly and personally - with the shit he’s saying and there’s just no stopping him.

If going off his meds and acting out like this is to be a thing with every album release then I hope he never releases an album again. He’s got a wife and four kids now, we don’t need him as much as they do.

13 hours ago, zero000 said:

It is a bit of a grey area. I just think people aren't really aware of how people who experience mania or psychosis can present when they're in crisis. They can often say bizarre or offensive things which they would never believe or say when they are not in crisis. It doesn't necessarily amplify traits which are already there. 

I'm not saying what he's said isn't offensive and shouldn't be questioned. I just think that it is important to consider the context around him and the people that are potentially enabling him. 

Not full up to speed on what he's been saying tbh, so can't really comment on how offensive the stuff he said was and not going to pretend I can!

Absolutely understand that it doesn't necessarily magnify what's already there, as episodes can make people act completely out of character.  I guess I'm just wary of behaviour being completely excused or overlooked because someone is having an episode, especially when that behaviour isn't 100% removed or out of character.

But definitely agreed that this is getting pretty hard to watch.  He definitely needs help at the moment, and not to be enabled and shoved out in the spotlight to crumble in public. Sad times.

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

But definitely agreed that this is getting pretty hard to watch.  He definitely needs help at the moment, and not to be enabled and shoved out in the spotlight to crumble in public. Sad times.

Why is it that you think other people are making him do this? He’s said himself that Kim is trying to get him to see a doctor.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why is it that you think other people are making him do this? He’s said himself that Kim is trying to get him to see a doctor.

It's a fair question, and I guess based on nowt more than speculation.

I've always understood Kanye to have a fairly hefty entourage - management, agents, hangers on and the like.  I suppose I just find it hard to imagine that everyone involved is trying to support him and do what's best for him.  Even if not shoved out (prob the wrong choice of words there) I reckon it's a reasonable assumption that there will at least be too few people saying "no" or trying to get him the help he needs.

My tuppence worth. Happy to have it shot down if I'm miles off.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's a fair question, and I guess based on nowt more than speculation.

I've always understood Kanye to have a fairly hefty entourage - management, agents, hangers on and the like.  I suppose I just find it hard to imagine that everyone involved is trying to support him and do what's best for him.  Even if not shoved out (prob the wrong choice of words there) I reckon it's a reasonable assumption that there will at least be too few people saying "no" or trying to get him the help he needs.

My tuppence worth. Happy to have it shot down if I'm miles off.

It’s something that people say a lot without any real foundation so you can’t be blamed for going along with it, but this shit isn’t benefitting anyone so I don’t see why anyone would be encouraging him here.

The people around him are, like in many of these cases, probably very much trying to pull him back from the brink but not getting anywhere with it. 🙁

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It’s something that people say a lot without any real foundation so you can’t be blamed for going along with it, but this shit isn’t benefitting anyone so I don’t see why anyone would be encouraging him here.

The people around him are, like in many of these cases, probably very much trying to pull him back from the brink but not getting anywhere with it. 🙁

A good point well made.  I shall pipe down.

Definitely hope he gets the help needed. Regardless of of what I or anyone else thinks of him this is certainly not something we love to see.

I do agree that his entourage probably think he’s going to make a sick album out of this.

I’m getting to the point where I can’t even look at all this. This is a man who is really struggling to keep it together. I think he needs to quit music and get some serious help.

I also get the help he needs. I've been a Kanye fan for a long time and it's sad to see that he's been slowly losing his mind for years, although it seems to be at an accelerated rate at the moment.

I gave up trying to defend his actions and personality long ago. I wish he'd just focus on the aspects that made him famous (his music and live performances, later his clothing line) to give the press less bait. Although many dismiss him immediately, it's extremely difficult to deny his influence on hip-hop and culture.

Hopefully DONDA isn't another rushed effort and we get a classic album. Wash us in the Blood gives me some hope.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t actually realise he had an album out this week - although my initial reaction...

C2411C3F-81BC-49C1-AE9C-CD59598AC05B.jpeg

Apparently DONDA (previously named God's Country) is releasing on Friday. Although it's possible as he's in the limelight right now, I'm not getting my hopes up as his release announcements are normally bogus.

Wash us in the Blood was sort of Yeezus x JIK. Interested to see what we get.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It is not far fetched to put some of this on the Kardashians themselves. Go back and see how many other people theyve had end up in therapy/rehab and Lamar Odom even overdosed. Travis Scott is pretty smart not to be directly connected to his childs mother right now or else he would be next. 

album tracklists do differ. ( top one he tweeted last night. Bottom last week )

6065F34B-5D7E-4A4D-8983-897713FF8984.jpeg

610250E1-7721-4682-943C-AAFE79564D8D.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It is not far fetched to put some of this on the Kardashians themselves. Go back and see how many other people theyve had end up in therapy/rehab and Lamar Odom even overdosed. Travis Scott is pretty smart not to be directly connected to his childs mother right now or else he would be next. 

Mate don’t be dumb he’s been acting out like this long before he met Kim.

23 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

album tracklists do differ. ( top one he tweeted last night. Bottom last week )

6065F34B-5D7E-4A4D-8983-897713FF8984.jpeg

610250E1-7721-4682-943C-AAFE79564D8D.jpeg

Sure hope we get the 20 track version. Chances are the whole thing’s gonna be a bit of a mess either way so I’d at least like to have more good bits scattered throughout the mess.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Mate don’t be dumb he’s been acting out like this long before he met Kim.

Only takes something else to drive them farther in that direction. Never said there werent potential instances before that. But why not see and whats happened since they got together and got married. Compare how much nobody considered he had mental issues when he said “George Bush Hates Black People”, they just saw him being upset at the current state of things and making a headline out of it. Or you want to say thats how far back we should look and presume we all missed the obvious signs that got us to the present with him. 

And looks like he is ok for now, or so everyone in the video might make you think.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Only takes something else to drive them farther in that direction. Never said there werent potential instances before that. But why not see and whats happened since they got together and got married. Compare how much nobody considered he had mental issues when he said “George Bush Hates Black People”, they just saw him being upset at the current state of things and making a headline out of it. Or you want to say thats how far back we should look and presume we all missed the obvious signs that got us to the present with him. 

And looks like he is ok for now, or so everyone in the video might make you think.

But there was nothing wrong with him saying George Bush doesn't care about black people. That was borne out pretty clearly.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

funny how he has these major mental health problems when there's a new record to promote.

Really, people need to stop giving him a free pass. He's playing you all.

He’s talked about how his meds fuck up his creativity and so he comes off them when it’s album time. Also only active on Twitter in the run up to a new album so the only time we have to hear this kind of stuff.

You’re partly right though - a lot of it is just album promo, although it’s getting weirder and more worrying every time it happens, as despite a lot of it being to drum up hype, the man is still very mentally unwell.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

funny how he has these major mental health problems when there's a new record to promote.

Really, people need to stop giving him a free pass. He's playing you all.

You’re both right and wrong. He comes off meds when making / finishing off an album as he says it hurts his creativity. Also he only engages in social media when it’s promo time.