Kanye west confirmed

mike99

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He’s talked about how his meds fuck up his creativity and so he comes off them when it’s album time. Also only active on Twitter in the run up to a new album so the only time we have to hear this kind of stuff.

You’re partly right though - a lot of it is just album promo, although it’s getting weirder and more worrying every time it happens, as despite a lot of it being to drum up hype, the man is still very mentally unwell.

Lol wut. We both said the exact same thing...

So do people back him for coming off his "meds" in order to be creative?

It's an interesting discussion considering the "meds" are there in order to stop the man doing something which could not only harm himself but also others...

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

So do people back him for coming off his "meds" in order to be creative?

It's an interesting discussion considering the "meds" are there in order to stop the man doing something which could not only harm himself but also others...

Not at all - it’s worrying that he feels like this is the only way he can be creative. And I get it, because I know all too well how numbing meds can be to emotions and creativity, but if thinking some of the stuff he’s been vocal about is the result of a med-less Kanye then he’s definitely better off on them.

I think anybody with any sense would prefer he got better over releasing new material.

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

You could make that comparison, but I'm gonna go ahead and put that in the same box as comparing Tom Meighan with Ian Watkins

I said Kanye would like that comparison, not me. :P 

(In case you're not getting it, Kanye has compared himself with Hitler for some fruitcake reason, that I forget now)

I'm simply pointing out that a lot of the wrong'uns in the world have mental issues but they're not free-passed for it, they're rightly held to account for what they say and do.

When humanity starts excusing stuff because 'hero' we're on a dark path. 

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

(In case you're not getting it, Kanye has compared himself with Hitler for some fruitcake reason, that I forget now)

I'm simply pointing out that a lot of the wrong'uns in the world have mental issues but they're not free-passed for it, they're rightly held to account for what they say and do.

When humanity starts excusing stuff because 'hero' we're on a dark path. 

Has he indeed? Well that's just bizarre.

And FWIW that's pretty much the point I made when I wandered into this one - it's entirely possible to both be a dick and to have mental health issues. One doesn't exclude the other.

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

funny how he has these major mental health problems when there's a new record to promote.

Really, people need to stop giving him a free pass. He's playing you all.

Can’t help thinking this album is going to be as mediocre as the last couple and he knows he has to compensate for the fact he’s not the artist he was a decade ago.

I find this one difficult because I’ve had a lot of first and second hand experience with mental health struggles but I just can’t muster sympathy for the man. I have before, even during the Taylor fiasco (and y’all know how much I love Taylor!) but this whole thing has worn very thin. If the guy was a saint before and was having this breakdown I’d be much more concerned. He just hasn’t done anything that suggests he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can’t help thinking this album is going to be as mediocre as the last couple and he knows he has to compensate for the fact he’s not the artist he was a decade ago.

Yeah I think it’s unfortunately pretty much a given now that any Kanye project is gonna be largely what sound like unfinished and rushed songs with the odd spot of his genius dotted throughout.

Like I said earlier, hopefully this ones long track list means there’ll be a few more spots of genius, and tbf, it can’t be any worse than Jesus is King...

I know you aren’t a fan of him Neil but it really hurts to see someone so talented fall like this. The guy has probably one of the best ears for fresh and innovative sounds out there. It irks me when people question why his fans stand by him.

Its because he really is that talented and it’s so fucking shit to see him go through stuff like this when we know what he’s capable of.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know you aren’t a fan of him Neil but it really hurts to see someone so talented fall like this. The guy has probably one of the best ears for fresh and innovative sounds out there. It irks me when people question why his fans stand by him.

Its because he really is that talented and it’s so fucking shit to see him go through stuff like this when we know what he’s capable of.

There's a long history of c**ts producing great music, and fair enough if you like it.

That still doesn't mean you have to excuse everything else.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There's a long history of c**ts producing great music, and fair enough if you like it.

That still doesn't mean you have to excuse everything else.

Thing is we ain’t excusing him we are saying he needs help. I understand he’s done some c**ty things but this is different to Morrisey saying something racist with a pint in his hand, Kanyes clearly screaming out for help here.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It irks me when people question why his fans stand by him.

What would he have to do for you to stop standing by him?

How far does he have to go?

As things stand he hasn't (as far as i'm aware) done anything to harm anyone else but I do find it odd that people seemingly justify his behaviour by almost saying "we can accept this because by stopping taking his medication he's more creative"

23 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What would he have to do for you to stop standing by him?

How far does he have to go?

As things stand he hasn't (as far as i'm aware) done anything to harm anyone else but I do find it odd that people seemingly justify his behaviour by almost saying "we can accept this because by stopping taking his medication he's more creative"

I’m not justifying his behaviour at all. The dude needs to get help. 

As far as I'm aware Kanye has actually done anything "wrong" that people would need to stand by him for has he?  I mean for whatever reason between meds, mental health and just being him, yes he's being a bit unstable atm and comes out with some nonsense, but it's not like he's done or said anything that would put him in the firing line to be abandoned and distanced has he?

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Maybe when you saw him at Big Chill - He said he was more hated than Hitler, whether he likes that or not I have no idea

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

As far as I'm aware Kanye has actually done anything "wrong" that people would need to stand by him for has he?  I mean for whatever reason between meds, mental health and just being him, yes he's being a bit unstable atm and comes out with some nonsense, but it's not like he's done or said anything that would put him in the firing line to be abandoned and distanced has he?

Yeah I’m hardly gonna abandon one of my favourite music artists because he chats a load of bollocks every now and then. In fact I’ve stuck with artists over much worse - Kanye just happens to be one of the biggest acts in the world and so the outrage is on a wider scale.

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

1:10 onwards here gets pretty eye watering.

Edited by JoeyT

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Maybe when you saw him at Big Chill - He said he was more hated than Hitler, whether he likes that or not I have no idea

he chose to make the comparision with Hitler, so I reckon he likes to make that comparison. He could have made comparisons with millions of others instead (and chances are they'd be more accurate, too).

:P 

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

oh, I dunno. Some people have the odd idea that they should agree with everything about someone they like, and they couldn't like anyone who supported Trump. ;)