This Glastonbury, for the first time ever, I will......

Gnomicide

mate, if you're even thinking about attending a 5 day festival without at least a 24 pack of rennies you're off your head

I'd get through that in 2 days, 1 if I was drinking cider.

Omeprazole for me this year. Works wonders for preventing/limiting hangover nausea too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get through that in 2 days, 1 if I was drinking cider.

Omeprazole for me this year. Works wonders for preventing/limiting hangover nausea too.

Yup, Omeprazole or similar is the way forward. All it does is put off the inevitable but you can deal with that on the Monday.

Haven't taken a trip since 99. I doubt very much I'd be suited to Glasto as when I get on one I tend to wander away from my mates.

As for the red wine, I go Basque and have a Chalimoco when I take some. If you can get a chilled bottle of cola it makes all the difference.

mate, if you're even thinking about attending a 5 day festival without at least a 24 pack of rennies you're off your head

as for taking Acid for the first time, the 1 and only time i've done it was Saturday night at Beatherder festival, i was with a load of mates who had taken it before, i'd had an amazing day, the weather was good, i'd just seen one of my favourite bands and i'd started chatting to a man who turns out had a load of Acid for sale, all my mates bought some and i though you know when i'll give it a go

i had an incredible night, never laughed so much in my life, but i think the most important part was that i felt very happy and very safe at the time

however i must note that when i came home on Monday morning i made myself a fried breakfast, took a slice of hash brown, went to put it in my mouth, it fell off the fork, i burst into tears

so yeah, it's pretty emotional and prepare yourself for a roller coaster of a time but most importantly only do it if you're feeling safe and happy

Oh God Sloseph I have actually been laughing out loud after reading this for the last ten minutes. Fooking brilliant!!

Looks like The Common is going to be over-run by e-festival forum members this year. Whilst I'm sure I stumbled through there on the Saturday last year, everything was a little blurry by that point, so I'd like to properly experience it.

I also want to find the piano bar. Have a shower between Wed and Mon would be a good one!

eFestivals members are like rats at Glastonbury, you are never aware of them but there is usually one within a few feet of you at any given time. Some of us also smell of wee.

• 3 months later...

Post festival bump.....

So how did everyone get on? I failed, wanted a bloody mary from the hut at the bottom of the hill in the Park. I got as far as queing up but they'd stopped serving them an hour before I go there.

I need to eat a meal. Just don't have time once I start boozing, which is as soon as I get up! I do have a crisp butty for breaka, and that seems to do me, Cider fills me up, so never feel hungry! I read about all the food people try and I think i really should have some, but never do!

Also want to get up to the Glastonbury sign, cant believe I have never been up there.

Yeah I ate... Me and me pal shared 1pizza Fri and 1 pizza Sun. Very proud of us. Also got to the sign. It was aces up there.

Can't remember if I posted on this thread earlier but I always want to go to baggy Mondays and go down the helter skelter at Avalon, this year I managed both.

Still managed to miss bonfire at stone circle on Wednesday and never spent anytime at strummerville. Will need to fix that next year if I get a ticket

- Drink more than 1/3 of any spirits I take.

- Have a decent nap on the Wednesday before I get stuck in.

- Go to the Underground Piano bar when it's open. Just like every year.

Of course, none of these will happen.

So instead of taking too many spirits, I think I actually took too few. And due to over sensible rationing, I had two cans left. Very strange times.

The other two didn't happen.

Arrive, alone, on Tuesday.

Work for my ticket.

(Hopefully) not get sunburned (yes, yes, even in 2007 when we only had 0.000001 hours of sunshine)

Arrived Monday afternoon. :)

Successfully worked my four shifts and will be happy to do the same again for my ticket next year. :)

Slathered self in waterproof, bulletproof, dustproof Factor 50. Wore a hat. Avoided the sun in the middle of the day. Sunburned to absolute fuck.  :(

Arrived Monday afternoon. :)

Successfully worked my four shifts and will be happy to do the same again for my ticket next year. :)

Slathered self in waterproof, bulletproof, dustproof Factor 50. Wore a hat. Avoided the sun in the middle of the day. Sunburned to absolute fuck.  :(

Do you re-apply said factor 50 every 20 minutes or so? I find that's the only way to avoid getting burnt!!