Blur?

wozwebs

Blur tix now going on gumtree for 75 a pair. Think I might bide my time and take the plunge next week!

Yeah same. Blur are definitely worth that but I think I'll try my luck next week.

What has happened to Dave Grohl? And please don't wish for a Hot Chip clash!

Edit: just seen Save Grohl thread

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Blackpool gig and the Llandudno gig. The band were fantastic but the crowd were really quiet at Venue Cymru. Great performance by Blur though and Damon gave it absolutely everything to get everyone going. There seemed to be a lot of people who only really knew the well known stuff and didn't really get parts of the set. They are probably the biggest band to ever play in North Wales since the 60's so it was a tad disappointing that the crowd weren't more up for it. Great couple of days though. If Dave Grohl doesn't manage to headline get on the phone to Blur's management immediately and ask the question.

Edited by adjwholovesmusic

I think it's the other way around; whether they want to do it. And if we can see that the reason for HP not selling is the price, I'm sure the professionals can too.

I imagine the reason why HP doesn't sell out is majorly to do with sound issue's, it's a well documented thing which will put many off returning regardless of it being Blur or not.

Enjoyed them at Isle of Wight, but the first half was a bit slow, which meant the crowd weren't too happy and a lot of people were leaving before they got to the much more entertaining second half. The hits needed to be spread through the set a bit more. Damon still sounded pretty good despite having a bad throat.

I'm going on Saturday. As a general admission ticket holder does anyone know what sort of time we need to arrive to get a decent spot (I appreciate that's a contradiction in terms given the venue).

I was quite near the front for the 2012 Olympics gig but can't remember if they operated a pit system (or indeed if BST do aside from the VIP tickets)

No pit system. Just a slightly strange layout to take account of all the VIPs. Head towards the front left as you look at the stage and you'll be fine. 

I'm going on Saturday. As a general admission ticket holder does anyone know what sort of time we need to arrive to get a decent spot (I appreciate that's a contradiction in terms given the venue).

I was quite near the front for the 2012 Olympics gig but can't remember if they operated a pit system (or indeed if BST do aside from the VIP tickets)

Went to the Neil Young gig and wandered right down the front less than an hour before The National came on. Didn't attempt for Neil Young though but that should give you some idea in terms of busyness. Also Blur looks a way from sold out as Neil Young was too.

Went to the Neil Young gig and wandered right down the front less than an hour before The National came on. Didn't attempt for Neil Young though but that should give you some idea in terms of busyness. Also Blur looks a way from sold out as Neil Young was too.

I'm not surprised Blur hasn't sold out - think this is the 3rd time they've played Hyde Park in not all that many years.

I'm not surprised Blur hasn't sold out - think this is the 3rd time they've played Hyde Park in not all that many years.

Have seen Blur in Hyde Park twice before. Would love to see them again but I will not pay to watch any band at that crap venue - even Blur, which is really saying something - ever again.