Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

my friend works for the met office and gets internal weather reports from them. he has started forwarding them onto us in anticipation for glastonbury. anyway, the one he has sent today says "there is growing research that a -ve SSTs anomaly in the North Atlantic leads to drier than average conditions across the UK."

i think that basically means we're not gonna have any rain

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm really not looking for a repeat of last year.

Yeah I can't agree with those who say that last year was just fine - storms that bring the whole event to a standstill and throw the schedule out of whack are not to be encouraged, and the level of mud made getting around the site pretty challenging.

"and the first half of June will bring some early summer-like conditions for many."

"However he warned the extreme heat will trigger a spate of thunderstorms with sudden and heavy showers a risk in parts.

"These could bring the risk of some localised flooding due to torrential downpours in places, in particular, in some parts to the south of the country"

:O