Lineup 2016

Matt42

3rd announcement was a year ago today. I'd imagine we'll get this year's next week.

Do you think an un-announced release of acts would cause more traffic and talk than the usual 'our next announcement is 1st of march' approach?

It'd certainly be more a better use of time rather than the usual looking for leaks, getting one, believing it, getting trolled and not believing it, then being disappointed when it turns out true, cycle.

Maybe not as exciting though.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, even if they were at T as well, T don't do exclusives as a rule and their dates center so convenient around Glasto. Radiohead are the act that haven't played for years so if the 3 they were going for have said yes then I don't see Muse going lower for them. I think it's all about the info Neil was given on Radiohead, eg for Adele header, for New Order header, for Kenrick today header.....if they are a header that is pretty much what's he's given. For Radiohead....they are playing. I think if Thom Yorke was that bothered with heading the Pyramid, he'd have got in contact with Eavis early enough to say we're touring, we want to play. Don't think they'll headline this year, next year....or probably again.

I would take Neil's most recent thought that he's not as sure on the co-header and go along with that FOB are a sub at both places.

Can you please stop putting words in my mouth? :rolleyes:

Just because I'm personally wondering if the coheadliner thing is correct, it doesn't change anything of what I've been told which I've no good reason to doubt ... every other thing I've had from the same source (both this year and previously) has checked out with what has later been announced.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Can you please stop putting words in my mouth? :rolleyes:

Just because I'm personally wondering if the coheadliner thing is correct, it doesn't change anything of what I've been told which I've no good reason to doubt ... every other thing I've had from the same source (both this year and previously) has checked out with what has later been announced.

Which is exactly what I said.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

To be fair it's pretty hard to tell what you're saying at the best of times

That's because to a lot of you the only thing you understand is if someone says Radiohead are playing, anything and it's confusing lol. 

I said there was a thought they could be header and sub, I didn't saying anything about information gained changing, just information relayed! It's really not that difficult!!!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's because to a lot of you the only thing you understand is if someone says Radiohead are playing, anything and it's confusing lol. 

I said there was a thought they could be header and sub, I didn't saying anything about information gained changing, just information relayed! It's really not that difficult!!!

So why the fuck are you talking about Radiohead and Adele and Glastonbury?

Also this is a header:

technic+football+Heading.jpg

And this is a headliner:

_65849907_foalsgroupshot.jpg

Gazza's poor grammar makes him an easy target but there are plenty of people who don't type or spoke English proper. And even the best of us have come up with stupid arguments (Yellow and his Foos/Bjork thing and the broken ribs), fluffed predictions (me and my 'Biffy will not be headlining R&L in 2016' promise) or stupid fanboy behaviour (too many to mention). I guess Gazza just manages to combine all of those while a complete lack of humility or self-awareness.

7 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Gazza's poor grammar makes him an easy target but there are plenty of people who don't type or spoke English proper. And even the best of us have come up with stupid arguments (Yellow and his Foos/Bjork thing and the broken ribs), fluffed predictions (me and my 'Biffy will not be headlining R&L in 2016' promise) or stupid fanboy behaviour (too many to mention). I guess Gazza just manages to combine all of those while a complete lack of humility or self-awareness.

So you admit you come up with stupid arguments off the back of something I said which wasn't lol, however much you want to/don't want to read, hear it, see it and want it to not be correct it is LOL....wow.

I don't need to have humilty LMFAO....and certainly not for lot! Am I likely to bump into you later on and it be an awkward moment?.....no, it's not.

Fuck your self awareness shite....tell it how it is....not self hyped up/made up shite that you see and want to hear. I'm not greatly educated but I do wonder when I see people's posts to make things look better!

Queue the standard.....wow...what?!!!

37 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Why do you always get into arguments with just about everyone on these forums?

I wouldn't have to if someone didn't question why I was talking about something which was one a reply to something Glasto related. Strangely enough....the acts I was asked what the hell I'm going on about are very much the Glasto talking point, which led me to ask what the person was going on about and if he actually understood his argument. So as you asked....there you have it....I didn't actually start any argument at all, I simply replied to another poster agreeing with them and for no reason at all it stemmed.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think they'll reveal more after T's announcement tomorrow.

Well they have got 3 days left to do it....I don't think any of us actually thought there wouldn't be an announcement this week though. I would imagine this will seal my attendance or not and as much as I'd like to catch Biffy, I know I can do so on their later tour and tick some acts off elsewhere.

I won't be attending Cream either way, they have pretty much filled an extra full day by again getting acts to play twice. Friday North does intrigue me and if it was anything great it would keep Sat/Sun free so we'll see.