Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ there is so much wrong with this.

Enter Shikari won't drop from 3rd down, especially considering the last album.

Klaxons arent even around anymore. A Day To Remember are probably bigger than headlining the pit. Modern Baseball above Neck Deep is hilarious. Slaves wouldn't play the lock up I don't think. Tame Impala would probably be 3rd down, people thought they were gonna headline NME this year.

i never said this is what i'd like, im just going off what the festival is most likely going to do, i mean if they can put Jake Bugg sub headliner then anything can happen really

I know this is the reading festival forum, but Mike of Glastonbury festival fame said that next years festival headlines for Glastonbury have all headline before! Plus 2017 headlines are booked and only one of those has headlined before. So what I am getting at looks like foals are 99% will headlining reading next year and I think muse will headline Glastonbury instead. Plus here is another out their headlining for reading how about New Order? 

Edited by benus80

Fuckk, that's damn pricey, I'll probably still end up paying that since I've never seen Muse and have wanted to for years. Hopefully they'll either have a huge set or crazy stage production to justify that price.

Never seen them either, but £70 standing for an arena tour? That really does seem ridiculous.

They've said it will "give fans a true 360 degree audio/visual sensory experience", sounds like it could be impressive, but I'm still balking at the price.

Why hello there R&L Efests crew...

Everyone stop what you're doing I'm gonna make my prediction for the month.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Skrillex, Enter Shikari, Brand New, The Pretty Reckless, Eagles of Death Metal
NME: *closing set by Sub-Focus*, The Vaccines, Chance the Rapper

Kanye West, Tame Impala, Chvrches, Twenty One Pilots, Slaves, Cancer Bats
NME: Jungle, Kodaline, Charli XCX

Foals, Disclosure, Bloc Party, Metronomy, Wolf Alice, The Horrors
NME: M.I.A., White Lies, Deaf Havana

Good call on Kanye. I was only thinking today on my lunch break that he may well do R&L. He seems about right for it. I reckon Tame Impala would be third down though, they're the same level as Jamie T surely but hey, you never know! White Lies would be lower down though, they haven't risen in popularity since 2013 and Big TV wasn't that well received was it? 

Overall though a convincing lineup. Nice one.

£70+ a pop for standing, no thanks Muse. 

Who do they think they are nowadays? I paid £55 for standing at the bloody Emirates ffs.

Fuckk, that's damn pricey, I'll probably still end up paying that since I've never seen Muse and have wanted to for years. Hopefully they'll either have a huge set or crazy stage production to justify that price.

You've missed the good sets. I wouldn't waste your money mate :P 

Even Bjork has a better chance of headlining again.

I had a dream Bjork played my back garden the other night. It was glorious. Very unconvincing though as she did a greatest hits sort of set. I live very near to Reading so you never know... ;)

Death Grips                A Day To Remember                  Slaves

Marmozets                    Modern Baseball                   Hacktivist
 Bury Tomorrow                    Neck Deep                        Gallows

I'm going to tell you know that ain't realistic, none of it is.

Yes wait and see I am fairly confident they will be headlining but then again I maybe completely wrong! P.s would love to see Bjork their and kayne can piss off!

Looking at R&L lineups for the past 10 years, and the size of venues New Order played last time they toured, what makes you think they could possibly headline?

Friday:

Foals

The 1975

Bloc party

Haim

Wolf alice

Slaves

Eagles of death metal

Moose blood

Frank carter and the rattlesnakes

Frank turner

Brand new

Billy talent

Lower than atlantis

Nothing but thieves

FR: Mac demarco

The pit: Killswitch engage

Saturday:

Foo fighters

Enter shikari

The offspring

Run the jewels

Architects

Skindred

Pvris

Modern baseball

Eskimo callboy

Steve aoki (closing set)

Tame impala

Kodaline

Twenty one pilots

Cage the elephant

Mallory knox

FR: Temples

Lock up: Social distortion

Sunday:

Blur

Fall out boy

Catfish and the bottlemen

Don broco

Sum 41

Circa waves

Pulled apart by horses

Sunset sons

State champs

Major lazer

Jack garratt

Of monsters and men

Shura

Walk the moon

FR: The pretty reckless

The pit: Mastodon

Bjork was great when she headlined. As we're New Order. I concur on the Kanye comment.

If there is to be a hip hop headliner then nwa would be my pick if they could talk what's left of them into it.

Ice Cube was ace last time he played but to do a full nwa show would be amazing.

Why hello there R&L Efests crew...

Good call on Kanye. I was only thinking today on my lunch break that he may well do R&L. He seems about right for it. I reckon Tame Impala would be third down though, they're the same level as Jamie T surely but hey, you never know! White Lies would be lower down though, they haven't risen in popularity since 2013 and Big TV wasn't that well received was it? 

Overall though a convincing lineup. Nice one.

Hey :D

I think Kanye does seem right for it, yeah. I only put him in to replace Foo Fighters - seeing as they've been upped to SR for Glasto by eFests - but then more I thought about it, more it made sense. He's had a dodgy record with ticket sales at festivals here and I've thought in the past that they probably wouldn't go for him but the crowd seemed massive for him at Glastonbury, and I hear R+L was pretty responsive to Kendrick last month, so I could see it being a big option for them. Plus he's a name that seems to stand out on any festival line up which might not be the same for this year's trio - I have about a million posts on these boards and even I was forgetting who was headlining at points.

Tame Impala could get the same treatment as Alt-J did in headlining Latitude and subbing Reading amongst other big slots. Surprised at how big they seem to be now, what with doing Manchester Arena next year. I could see it being a really popular promotion to that level for a band just breaking through with the mainstream, kinda like Black Keys those years ago.

White Lies I thought NME sub would be enough of a drop down but if you think they can go lower then maybe.

Edited by dentalplan