Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It implied the 'rock festival' tag meant anything, which combined with the fact Benn went on record to reject that tag this year, it doesn't

The implication that the tag meant anything (something?) combined with Benn rejecting that tag means that the tag doesn't mean anything?

You've lost me again.

Edited by mrtourette

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Florence And The Machine

Foals

Enter Shikari

Twin Atlantic

Of Monsters & Men

Slaves

Modern Baseball

Darlia

King Charles

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Deftones

The Darkness

Blood Red Shoes

Circa Waves

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Blur

Tame Impala

The Courteeners

Wolf Alice

Cage The Elephant

Swim Deep

The Strypes

The Orwells

Bear's Den

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Metronomy

Tyler, The Creator

Lucy Rose

Dry The River

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Muse

The Prodigy

A Day To Remember

Rise Against

Don Broco

Billy Talent

Pvris

We Are The In Crowd

Beartooth

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

The Vaccines

Friendly Fires

Savages

Giggs

Edited by VCK

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Florence And The Machine

Foals

Enter Shikari

Twin Atlantic

Of Monsters & Men

Slaves

Modern Baseball

Darlia

King Charles

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Deftones

The Darkness

Blood Red Shoes

Circa Waves

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Blur

Tame Impala

The Courteeners

Wolf Alice

Cage The Elephant

Swim Deep

The Strypes

The Orwells

Bear's Den

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Metronomy

Tyler, The Creator

Lucy Rose

Dry The River

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Muse

The Prodigy

A Day To Remember

Rise Against

Don Broco

Billy Talent

Pvris

We Are The In Crowd

Beartooth

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

The Vaccines

Friendly Fires

Savages

Giggs

Tame Impala wouldn't sub and Blur and Muse in the same year seems unlikely, but without digging too deep into whether acts will be around next year (Cage The Elephant jump out with regards to that) the rest seems pretty possible (although I think next time Foals play they'll headline).

but he used it in active support of his argument??

Tbh I just saw him as using the quotation marks to show it was an actual quote. Was clearly being used in favour of his argument. This is all dumb anyway I'm out.

If he has then yes you're both right, I read it as him using the phrase but still acknowledging that it isn't really accurate, rather than a direct quote.

I always thought that double quotation marks were for a direct quote and single quotation marks were used, among other things, to imply sarcasm or irony.

I thought Tame Impala wouldn't sub until dental mentioned them doing the MEN next year. They're also doing two nights at Ally Pally. How does this compare with what alt-J had done before subbing this year (genuine question)?

How many nights has either done at Brixton :)

Seriously though you can't really compare. How expensive were tickets? Ho many other dates on the tour? Who was the support? How quickly did they take to sell out (if they did)? If not how many tickets did they sell? Were the gigs on weekdays or weekends? Were they at a time of the year that would maximise opportunity for fans to go?

It doesn't mean anything to say band x played two nights but band y played three, so band y must be bigger. There's always far more to it than that.

I thought Tame Impala wouldn't sub until dental mentioned them doing the MEN next year. They're also doing two nights at Ally Pally. How does this compare with what alt-J had done before subbing this year (genuine question)?

They are more likely to be 3rd but they could be booked for sub under a big act. They'll get bigger in the next year. Don't take my word for it but I can see them being the Alt-J that R&L give sub to but they don't make sub at other places. 

I was taking the piss out of it being a rock festival but regardless NWA will not sell tickets, nor attract much media attention, so they will never be booked for a high slot at reading.

You can argue the bollocks all day about it - just because you have he looks of Jesus in his full pomp it evidently does not give you his magical powers not mental capacity.

christ, any need for the insults?

and NWA not bringing media attention? lord

Yeah I figured that if Tame Impala are playing arenas, then they're probably sub sized now. No less than Alt-J, Bring Me The Horizon or Jake Bugg are anyway.

By the time next August comes they'll be much bigger than BMTH I'd imagine. MEN and two Ally Pally dates is as big as any sub this year, Alt-J had only done two nights at Manchester Apollo which is overall half the size of the MEN.