Kendrick Lamar this year

DL50

i'm sure this has probably been mentioned elsewhere but i can't find it

what are people's thoughts of the new song? i like it... although find it a tad heavy handed, lyrics wise. couldn't be more different to 'i' (which i'm starting to think will be left off the album and used as a bonus track)

Edited by FloorFiller

i'm sure this has probably been mentioned elsewhere but i can't find it

what are people's thoughts of the new song? i like it... although find it a tad heavy handed, lyrics wise. couldn't be more different to 'i' (which i'm starting to think will be left off the album and used as a bonus track)

Surprisingly, I haven't seen it mentioned all day. I was just about to post the video in the 2015 thread actually. I love it, I don't think the heavy handedness is a problem at all. If anything, I like how furious and in your face it is, he could so easily have taken all the edges off his music.

• 2 weeks later...

I've genuinely just heard a Kendrick Lamar song for the first time in my life. I was thinking, how's he got so high up at R&L... Turns out he's been around since 2003. Anyone fancy filling me in on why he's so big?

I guess people like his music

I've genuinely just heard a Kendrick Lamar song for the first time in my life. I was thinking, how's he got so high up at R&L... Turns out he's been around since 2003. Anyone fancy filling me in on why he's so big?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. He's good but there's no way he hasn't been seriously boosted by expectation for his new album rather than anything he's done before, he played third down on the second stage at V last time he did a UK fest.

If you've a genuine interest in hip-hop, listen to Good Kid, Maad City in full.

I really, REALLY hope he's playing Glasto. Not sure if his Reading & Leeds appearance makes it more likely or less likely or changes nothing, mind.

Headlining the Other vs Foo Fighters will do.

Edited by Sketchead

why would not being exclusive there make him highly likely for Glaso?

the reason he wasn't exclusive for Wireless was obviously because he was booked for R&L....

because as I see it the only reason he wasn't likely for Glasto already, having been announced for Wireless, was the question mark about whether he was a Wireless exclusive

Edited by Zac Quinn

says on his website that he's playing New Orleans on July 2nd

Probably because that's the first day of that festival, the Thursday at Essence is only a small opening ceremony with barely anyone playing according to this article - http://www.nola.com/essencefest/index.ssf/2015/02/2015_essence_festival_to_featu.html