Kendrick Lamar this year

DL50

This first quarter has been ridiculous, stretch it back to December and the albums have been flowing in. Kendrick and Bronson in the same week, brilliant.

Oh shit, Bronson's got a new one out soon as well? Fantastic. Cannot wait for Kendrick. His tour dates make him extremely unlikely but there's still a chance, isn't there?

from the looks of the iTunes tracklist 'i' hasn't made the cut and will probably be a bonus track like i thought

That's a shame but not a total surprise no. I don't think Melody Calling will make the new Vaccines record either

Edit: Actually just looked again and track three is 3:54, two seconds longer than i, so that might well be it.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Oh shit, Bronson's got a new one out soon as well? Fantastic. Cannot wait for Kendrick. His tour dates make him extremely unlikely but there's still a chance, isn't there?

Yeah, needs to be in Europe for the Thursday and Saturday after Glasto so isn't impossible he could fly in early after his Saturdau night LA gig to be at Glasto on the Sunday. Not expecting it though. Edited by Zac Quinn

Yeah, needs to be in Europe for the Thursday and Saturday after Glasto so isn't impossible he could fly in early after his Saturdau night LA gig to be at Glasto on the Sunday. Not expecting it though.

I think it's more or less impossible for him to play Sunday with time differences and flights and all that.

There's a very unlikely scenario where could do Friday, fly back to play in LA on Saturday night, be over in Poland for Wednesday and London on Saturday but then fly back again to New Orleans on Sunday. If you take Glasto out of that (as he has no European dates prior to that) then it seems a lot simpler.

Edited by dentalplan

I think it's more or less impossible for him to play Sunday with time differences and flights and all that.

There's a very unlikely scenario where could do Friday, fly back to play in LA on Saturday night, be over in Poland for Wednesday and London on Saturday but then fly back again to New Orleans on Sunday. If you take Glasto out of that (as he has no European dates prior to that) then it seems a lot simpler.

obama-straw_1386774c.jpg

That, Blacker the Berry and i on the same (extended) album is pretty wild as they're completely different hip hop tracks to one another. Gonna be a hell of an album. So excited now.

That's the only downside of these leaks - individually, the tracks are fantastic (especially 'i', the best hip hop track I've heard in quite a while) but I almost want to experience them first as part of the whole piece of art this is shaping up to be.

I love the nod to Smooth Criminal.

Probably added it last minute to replace a Marvin Gaye lyric.

That's the only downside of these leaks - individually, the tracks are fantastic (especially 'i', the best hip hop track I've heard in quite a while) but I almost want to experience them first as part of the whole piece of art this is shaping up to be.

You don't have to listen to them. :P

i was pretty much unavoidable but you could have not heard the others until the album came out.

Not a massive fan of 'i' but King Kunta and The Blacker The Berry are fantastic songs

i'm very very excited for this album. If the released songs are setting any sort of precedent, if he doesn't win a Grammy for this i'l be mad.

Not that it really matters, but he was seriously robbed of a Grammy with his first album.

Look at the Grammys' track record for this sort of thing, he wont win. That's ok, why does it matter to anybody whether or not Kendrick is given this completely pointless award that is decided by a small group of out of touch money men who have a history of dishing out awards to the most stunted shit music being made? Every once in a while they give it to somebody good like Arcade Fire, but they are completely adverse to anything new or inventive 99% of the time. In 30 years time, some kid will put out an album that apes Kendrick under the guise of it being "a sincere love letter to his influences", it'll sound watered down and safe and boring, that'll win a Grammy.

Kendrick got two Grammys last month and nothing has changed for him. He won't win next year either with Drake and probably Jay Z in the mix. Not a single fuck will be given.

Also if Macklemore & Ryan Lewis never won the Grammy we wouldn't have had that hilarious text that Macklemore sent Kendrick and posted on Instagram, so I'm glad.

Edited by dentalplan

Completely forgot about the presence of Drake

yeah Kendrick / Kanye has unfortunately lost already :(

I don't really mind him, but I find it very interesting how well Drake is marketed, there is always so much attention on everything he does - even if the albums are stale, they are treated as if they are a rarity and every album is a massive event!