2015 releases you're looking forward to

Amy Lawn

My favourite albums so far have been:

Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly

Laura Marling- Short Movie

Sleater-Kinney- No Cities to Love

Earl Sweatshirt- I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside

Courtney Barnett- Sometimes I Sit & Think and Sometimes I just Sit

But I haven't made time to listen to the new Bjork, Sufjan Stevens or Ghostface & BBNG records yet.

Edited by Winslow Leach

Lots of stuff that I'm yet to fully appreciate, lots of stuff I'm yet to listen to at all, but these are the albums I currently feel are the 5 best of 2015 so far;

1. Sleater-Kinney - No Cities To Love
2. Siskiyou - Nervous
3. Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs
4. The Phantom Band - Fears Trending
5. Viet Cong - Viet Cong

Is that the piano day thing? So glad it's free, 2015 is too expensive for me, although I still wont have time to listen to it once I get it. Very excited to see him in May, though.

Missing so many gigs at the moment because of school/work.

Can't wait till next year, gonna live with my dad and work in london and spend most of my money on gigs! Can tell it's probably gona be a great year - fuck all that "gap yah" finding yourself shit - gona earn money and spend it mostly on live music :) :)

Kendrick

Sufjan

Tobias Jesso Jr.

Sleater Kinney

Earl Sweatshirt

most anticipated:

Elvis Depressedly LP

Julia Holter

Kanye

Gaz Coombes 'Matador' is a cracker!

And hes "in town" so to speak. P{laying London on the Friday. I'd like to see him play again. Last year was a bit on the fly, between albums, and he had technical issues.

Also a 20th anniversary re release of I Should Coco due in May. Not sure what extras come with it. One for the vinyl collection.

20 years ago since they appeared on The Word!

And hes "in town" so to speak. P{laying London on the Friday. I'd like to see him play again. Last year was a bit on the fly, between albums, and he had technical issues.

Also a 20th anniversary re release of I Should Coco due in May. Not sure what extras come with it. One for the vinyl collection.

20 years ago since they appeared on The Word!

I'm assuming he will be at GF2015, as he's on the festival circuit - named for Festival No.6 today etc. - and I am 'planning' to go see him as Matador is, as you quite correctly say, a cracker.

Ben

And to make matters even sweeter Amazon mistakenly had the £100 Super Deluxe boxset on for £10.99 Price Guarantee for long enough for me to buy it!

Nice! May pick up the new vinyl. Mine is worth a few quid I think so hesitant to play it. Worth it for Ry Cooders slide work.

Leeds gig is great but the STP tour is the main event.

Gaz Coombes is in Belfast in May... definitely hoping to go.

Agree Matador is a fine album.

I'm seeing him in Limerick in May. Will report back.

Edited by The Nal

Gaz Coombes is in Belfast in May... definitely hoping to go.

Agree Matador is a fine album.

Anyone given 'Hinterland' by Lonelady a go yet?

Excellent stuff... highly recommended funky electronica

Heard a live track on 6Music a couple of days ago, and have since heard their name a lot. Have to say, that live track was a funky groove...but quite dull. Didn't really 'do' anything/'go anywhere' for me...

Ben

Heard a live track on 6Music a couple of days ago, and have since heard their name a lot. Have to say, that live track was a funky groove...but quite dull. Didn't really 'do' anything/'go anywhere' for me...

Ben

Hmm, didn't hear that live version.

I'd have thought it would translate well to being played live too.

Still, I think the album is good.

Definitely worth a go at least

Awesome year so far! Everything I've listened to has been brilliant...

Sufjan Stevens, Courtney Barnett, Laura Marling, Kendrick Lamar, Tobias Jesso Jr, Father John Misty, Bjork..................

Going to listen to Death Cab's on the commute home, hopefully they don't let me down!

Going to listen to Death Cab's on the commute home, hopefully they don't let me down!

i got a bit overexcited when i first listened and thought it was amazing. went back to it a couple of days later... meh, it's okay, but that's about it. wouldn't say it;s any better than Codes & Keys (which i found pretty disappointing but it's grown on me a little since). don't see it getting many plays from me tbh

Edited by FloorFiller

Hmm, didn't hear that live version.

I'd have thought it would translate well to being played live too.

Still, I think the album is good.

Definitely worth a go at least

Hey, it was one track. Very happy to accept that I was wrong, and with the exposure they seem to be getting, I reckon I'll get lots of chances to get to know them better.

Ben