Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Did security give any indication or prior warning that the search would be that thorough or invasive? If they didn't that's fucking outrageous.

I thought it was just going to be a standard frisk and I guess I was lucky in that I was wearing a dress with no way of getting in from the top, but it was more thorough than anything I'd ever had before. My boyfriend said his was fine, so maybe it was just an overzealous female bouncer? They did confiscate his unopened chocolate bar which he thinks made them happy enough.

And then there's Corsica Studios who don't have female bouncers so all I get is partial bag check and an ID check, and even then only because of my youthful good looks not because it's a standard thing.

I was at the Hydra on Thursday (did the double of there and Tweakaholic early doors - good advice thanks!).

Glad you enjoyed! Always so so fun. Thanks for the warning about Hydra, I'll let my friends know for Sunday!

Albert hall..

Inside the bouncers were everywhere. Walking through constantly too. Saw a lot of people getting stopped by bouncers and having stuff taken off them. Including in the bog.

It was too hot as they over filled it, but I enjoyed myself and managed to get hammered

I'd rather have a small moment of unpleasantness (not borderline sexual assualt I'll add) before I go in and not have to deal with that. It kills the mood a bit when security storm round a place making their presence feel known.

Yeah it's a huge shame. I've had a hand on the inside of my boxers before as well (O2 Brixton). Really oversteps the mark especially when you're not expecting anything close to that. Sort of thing that people won't really complain about either because you just won't get let in. :/

Yeah it's a huge shame. I've had a hand on the inside of my boxers before as well (O2 Brixton). Really oversteps the mark especially when you're not expecting anything close to that. Sort of thing that people won't really complain about either because you just won't get let in. :/

What the fuck!? Surely they're not allowed to do that.

I went to see Carl Cox last night at the Albert Hall in manchester.

Eats everything was really good. Carl Cox took a while to get going to be honest, then he picked up the pace.

But - a word of warning. The most on top security in a club for a long time

My friend hasn't shut up about how good Carl Cox was all day.

How was the security on the entrance? I went the other month and on the way in they had 10 of us lined up and ran the dog across us. I must of looked shady cause he claimed the dog reacted to me and my friend however it acted the same way to us as it did everyone else.

We were told if we hand the drugs over we'll go in now but if we don't they're going to do a thorough search and when they find them they're not letting us in.

We told him to search us so he said fine wait there for someone to come search you and when he walked off to start sniffing other people we just walked through the entrance and nobody stopped us.

I'm going to Above ane Beyond tomorrow there and really can't be arsed with the over the top security

Edited by jonodillieono

What the fuck!? Surely they're not allowed to do that.

Maybe I should clarify because it sounds awful (it's still pretty bad). Like, you know the elastic waistband? He ran fingers along the inside there. Oversteps the mark though, for sure.

Edited by Tuna

Maybe I should clarify because it sounds awful (it's still pretty bad). Like, you know the elastic waistband? He ran fingers along the inside there. Oversteps the mark though, for sure.

It's still overstepping the line regardless. Just the same as the post about women getting hands up their top.

Bouncers are not the police or customs, so I can't see them having any right to do that to women or men.

They're 100% illegal.

And even if they were legal, completely OTT considering they're just after drugs. It's just going to turn people against clubs and government drug policy/government overall and not the drugs themselves. People will always find ways to smuggle drugs in. There was even fairly blatant drug selling inside the club.

Glad you enjoyed! Always so so fun. Thanks for the warning about Hydra, I'll let my friends know for Sunday!

Ahhh are you going to the Dimensions launch? Really fancied it but could only make the Thursday night! Have fun if you are.

Midland was ridiculous last night. Proper heavy pumping techno, loved it. Omar S was good as ever and I also rated Daniel Bortz and Jay Daniel. Really good night.

Moxie was playing the 11-1 warm up set and ended with Nuits Sonores -> Buchla -> Ye Ye. Wouldn't be too happy following that...

Searches (boys and girls) were all pretty light too. No queue or anything, also didn't hear of any thefts either. Seems like Thursday was the real big night.