Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

That is fucking awesome.

Block 9 really is ludicrously impressive, isn't it?

When you consider all that is just for the little DJ booth at the bottom, it goes to show how much effort is put in to the place as a whole to give every single part that wow factor :D

Edited by JayBalls

On the advice of a few folk in here I did a fair bit of listening to Ben UFO at the weekend.

Glad I did... I'll try my best to catch a set.

Bit of a tempo change, but on closer inspection of the rumour page a few days ago I noticed Banco De Gaia's name in there.

I've enjoyed a few top gigs of theirs at Glasto over the years.

Delighted to see Mr Marks return

A favour to ask, guys and gals...

...when we get the next/full announcement, can we have a discussion looking at the overall DJ/electronic line-up. I've promised myself not to try to do too much, or be too prescriptive about my first Glastonbury, but I would really like to have a bit of a plan for the night-times, planning on hitting up a couple of DJs every night. I am a bit fussy about the sort of stuff I like, but many of the names will mean nowt to me, as I only really get to listen to a lot of dance stuff for festival time each year.

So, I'm looking for a bit of detailed advice and guidance come announcement(s) time please, folks!

:)

Ben

Cheers, chaps. Just don't want to waste my time on something that doesn't quite 'fit' me, when there is someone I should be dancing like a Christian to, somewhere else on site, but I have no idea who they are and how bloody amazing they are.

Saying all that, if Paul Hartnoll does bring his 8.58 project to GF2015 I will be ecstatic.

Ben

Again it's the same with most acts you might see all weekend... Just walk around and have a boogie somewhere and you might come across a DJ you'e never heard before, whether he/she is a big name or not.

I remember getting to the Temple 4 hours before Aphex was due to come on. And there was a couple of greats sets before him. Max Volume being one of them... not bad! Never head of him before.

Edited by rikkirascal

What sort of stuff do you like now? What stuff would you rather avoid?

Well...

I like minimalist stuff. Techno, breakbeats, bleepy, squelchy, vocal-free/minimal vocal. Quite like some looping stuff (saw a great set by The Field last year). Not averse to a bit of euphoric, Ibiza like stuff, just as long as its not too 'obvious'. I hate dance music that becomes an 'anthem' and people fucking sing to it. Yes, I'm a music snob and elitist. You got me.

For me its about getting into the beats, the bass, a bit trancy.

Just can't get on with anything that doesn't give a decent bpm and make me dance. Grime? Shagging music. Dubstep? How the fuck does anyone dance to dubstep? Answer, they don't. They just sway from side to side slowly! I hate cheese, and really populist, lowest common denominator stuff that has no thought to it. Just chucked together in a formula stuff.

Saw the 2 Bears at Green Man last year and it was all a bit...meh.

I like acid too - being in my formative years for the second summer of love, but too straight and conscientious a student to be a raver! Excited about seeing Phuture do an old school set. I love some well known stuff too, when it's good - so the best Jon Hopkins, Caribou etc is fantastic. Also like analog synth stuff - I'm a huge fan of Luke Abbott and gutted he's not going to be there (personal communication.. :( )

Also like some dark stuff - would love to see The Haxan Cloak there...

Hope that gives a (garbled, incoherent) idea of what I'm after!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Well...

I like minimalist stuff. Techno, breakbeats, bleepy, squelchy, vocal-free/minimal vocal. Quite like some looping stuff (saw a great set by The Field last year). Not averse to a bit of euphoric, Ibiza like stuff, just as long as its not too 'obvious'. I hate dance music that becomes an 'anthem' and people fucking sing to it. Yes, I'm a music snob and elitist. You got me.

Ben

Check out Nicole Moudaber who has been announced to be playing,

also Gaiser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPj6imjSL7A

Well...

Just can't get on with anything that doesn't give a decent bpm and make me dance. Grime? Shagging music. Dubstep? How the fuck does anyone dance to dubstep? Answer, they don't. They just sway from side to side slowly! I hate cheese, and really populist, lowest common denominator stuff that has no thought to it. Just chucked together in a formula stuff.

I like acid too - being in my formative years for the second summer of love, but too straight and conscientious a student to be a raver! Excited about seeing Phuture do an old school set. I love some well known stuff too, when it's good - so the best Jon Hopkins, Caribou etc is fantastic. Also like analog synth stuff - I'm a huge fan of Luke Abbott and gutted he's not going to be there (personal communication.. :( )

Ben

I'm on a similar page, looking forward to the line up now so there can be some mutual sharing of guidance

Well...

Ben

A new Shangri-La venue called Brainwash have been tweeting what music they'll be playing each night, and on Friday it's live hardware electro. Sounds like it could be your thing!