Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 11/20/2023 at 7:55 PM, LeFreak said:

Got tickets for the first time yesterday. Looking through clashfinders of the past few years, the dance music lineups are genuinely incredible every year and a big appeal for me. Some questions for you as a first timer.

Do certain stages have a specific type of dance music? As in one stage will be techno, another house, others disco, drum n bass etc. or are most of the bigger dance stages a mish mash of everything?

How busy can you expect it to get at stages such as Levels, Arcadia, The Glade, San Remo? Those seemed to have some amazing DJ sets last year that would be right up my street but if it was overly packed I'd probably rather find somewhere else. Palms Trax b2b Job Jobse on the Wednesday at Levels must have been an amazing gig.

How prominent is drum and bass? It seems to feature very heavily in a lot of videos/vlogs I've seen. Personally have less than zero interest but it seems very popular in the UK.

Other's have answered this well but I'd also check out descriptions of the various areas here: Areas | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

and then compare last years lineup's in these areas here: 2023 | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

When you have the whole line up of every stage you realise how insane it is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Praying for another Justice set again. I remember the WH bookers saying something along the lines of they spent a lot of the budget of Justice that year. Other stage would be ace but I'm yet to see a dance act to really kill it on that stage, WH felt perfect for them. 

They were worth it. We need some sort of electronic headliner back on WH

32 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Praying for another Justice set again. I remember the WH bookers saying something along the lines of they spent a lot of the budget of Justice that year. Other stage would be ace but I'm yet to see a dance act to really kill it on that stage, WH felt perfect for them. 

Justice themselves spent more on their show than they even got paid! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Chase and Status in with a shout. Not the most inspired booking but the second biggest Boiler Room of all time and the years biggest DnB track has given them a lift. 

Would love to relive Justice but can’t see it happening. 

A lot of my mates would very much like this - if they are going to make the leap its now

not sure either is likely to jump honestly, but C&S definitely a better chance atm

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Chase and Status in with a shout. Not the most inspired booking but the second biggest Boiler Room of all time and the years biggest DnB track has given them a lift. 

Would love to relive Justice but can’t see it happening. 

Agreed! I'd be surprised if they weren't there - i'm not sure where they'd play but maybe Arcadia again?

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Not the most exciting booking but given the Four Tet buzz atm, all those ally pally dates etc wonder if he could be the one doing the WH slot?

He’s got a new album out early next year, so seems like a likely booking.

Floating Points has also said he’ll be touring next year, wonder if he’ll show up. That Jamie XX album has been in the works for ages too.

21 hours ago, ConMan said:

Very jealous! I've watched it back and it looked incredible. Can't even remember who I saw instead that evening...

Managed to catch their DJ set at Printworks in Feb, but it's not a patch on their live gigs.

Ed Sheeran? Or Boy Better Know on Other? 

That whole night, Moderat into Justice followed by Roni Size live was peak Glasto for me. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Good to see Barry Can't Swim moving up the festivals Lineups for next year. I enjoyed him on the lonely hearts club stage this year but would like to see him at Levels next year. 

Every set he does next year will be packed I reckon - 2024 is definitely going to be his year, riding the fred again wave

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

Every set he does next year will be packed I reckon - 2024 is definitely going to be his year, riding the fred again wave

Can see him being on the park or something me you know.

Problem is is that park stage is woeful for crowd control. I believe some of his Lost Village sets were closed off for crowd control and quite a few missed out.

29 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Looking at buying a ticket for a dance event at the weekend. Had a Google and there's some on Twickets relatively cheap. Is the site reliable, I've obviously heard of it but never used before? 

Twickets is all good. Used it quite a few times and always fine. 

11 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Cheers Stuie. I purchased as they were too cheap to leave, £20 for two WHP tickets 😳 transferred onto Ticketmaster account straight away 

WHP always ends up with dozens of cheap tickets for sale. Think due to the size of the venue. Sounds like you got a good deal. 

• Upvote 1