Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its more than possible, but Arcadia from the SE Corner is a mission & a lot of it up hill.

At night The SE is generally somewhere that when you leave, you go back to your tent. 

Fred Again to Enzo & Carl Cox is what my mates are doing. I'll be meeting them at the Glade.

Thanks. Think the rest of my group will be watching AM but I was pretty disappointed by them at reading last year and Enzo and Carl are two of my favorite DJs, so I will probably be doing it alone that night still buzzing for it tho. I could probably end up anywhere on that Friday and not care. So many great acts for me that night. It's just the logistics of getting around that I wasn't sure about 👍  

2 hours ago, Adam_B said:

Question as a glasto first timer - On the Friday I plan to see Fred Again then head to the glade to see Enzo Siragusa and the first 30/40 mins of Carl Cox before heading to IICON before the main stage headliners end to catch Four Tet and then want to see Sherelle on Arcadia that night.

Is this even possible? I've seen comments around the site saying that you should pick one area and stay there the whole night.

100% doable.

Other stage to Glade is really close. 

Glade to SEC not the biggest trek either, maybe 15-20 mins max. 

The walk from SEC to Arcadia is the biggie, probs a 30-40 min trek, dependent upon conditions and human traffic. 

• Like 1

Yeah as echoed above I’d give the Arcadia but a miss, you could do it but you’d be better off staying in SE, especially as Arcadia will finish at 3 so you’d either have to walk all the way back to keep dancing or give up at that point 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam_B said:

Question as a glasto first timer - On the Friday I plan to see Fred Again then head to the glade to see Enzo Siragusa and the first 30/40 mins of Carl Cox before heading to IICON before the main stage headliners end to catch Four Tet and then want to see Sherelle on Arcadia that night.

Is this even possible? I've seen comments around the site saying that you should pick one area and stay there the whole night.

Totally doable in theory

As for the rule of staying put in one area, not at all the case in my eyes

OK, kiddie winks, I think we just pretty much be at the stage of you show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Whatcha got? I'm not really a daytime dancer, so mine is almost exclusively after hours, but share whatever you'd like to of your likely schedules at this point. What I've put below is mostly a lock.

Would be ace to see if anyone would like to do a biota a thread meet up at a set or two. Was fun raving with others from the thread last year.

Ben
x

Thursday
Paranoid London (Levels)
Ki/Ki (Levels)
IMOGEN (Wow)
VTSS (Levels) or Hodge (IICON)

Friday
Lost Souls of Saturn (IICON)
Effy (Temple)
Liberators (Temple) or Leeon (Genosys)
SPFDJ (Temple) 
Altern8 b2b Shadow Child (Temple)*

*Back-ups of Partok on Genosys, Paranoid London on NOWHERE if The Temple is playing at 150bpm!

Saturday
Ben Böhmer (Lonely Hearts)
Max Cooper (Lonely Hearts) or Mad Milan b2b Identified Patient (Wow)
Helena Hauff (Lonely Hearts)
Daniel Avery (Lonely Hearts)*
Scalping (Truth)
Ben UFO (Genosys)
Stanton Warriors (Bimble Inn) (probably)

*longest run I'll ever have had anywhere in Silver Hayes!

Sunday
Liquid Ross (Glade Dome)
Young Padawan (Glade Dome)
Underground Resistance (IICON)
Phil Hartnoll (Flying Bus)
Deena Abdelwahed (IICON)

• Upvote 1

Daytime bands.

Thurs: London Electricity, Randall, Job Jobs/Palm, Ewan McVicar, Daniel Avery, Salute

Friday - Floating Points/Daphni, Folamour or Yung Singh 

Saturday - Pretty girl/Salute, Haai/I Jordan

Sunday - whatever my legs can get me too. Hopefully finish with Romy in Stonebridge

obvs will go out the window when I get on the farm depending on crowds, stages, weather ect 

Thurs:

Finding it hard to call but thinking paranoid london on levels and finishing with dan avery & richard fearless. Might try a bit of dr banana / lukas wigflex and vynehall in stonebridge. 

friday:

Daytime i may pop in and out of the hessle takeover on wow

Would absolutely love to get in the downlow for cinthie, mood to swing and midland but probably wont happen.

blessed madonna and yung singh may be the answer

Sat:

all roads lead to optimo at san remo

then i might try to catch the last bit of ben ufo on genosys

Sun

Gerd Janson levels pre elton

daphni levels post elton

Thurs - Genuinely nothing even pencilled in. Prob end up at Block 9. Genosys.

Fri - DJ Yoda (Stonebridge), Carl Cox (Glade). 30 Years of Liberators (The Temple) or Haai (San Remo).

Sat - Helena Hauff & Daniel Avery (Lonely Hearts), Ben UFO (Genosys)

Sun - All depends on how knackered I am!!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'm planning to mostly play it by ear, i've ticked everything i like so heres a rough plan. not thought much about walking, theres quite a bit of SE corner back and forth. bold is definite:

thurs: Girls Don't Sync - Palms Trax b2b Jobse - Batu - Nia Archives - Salute

fri: pretty girl / hessle takeover potentially in the day - fred again.. - elkka - chems - HAAi - phil hartnoll

sat: fatboy slim - try stonebridge for salute b2b pretty girl - optimo - barry can't swim - skream

sun: potentially sack off headliners and see kolsch - underground resistance - andy cato dj / phil hartnoll if miss him on fri camp out etc

hadn't thought about it properly till now, theres like 5 artists i would be keen to see at all times so pretty happy with that

This is what my plan is looking like at the moment. Most likely flying solo for a lot / all of it so will be keeping things pretty flexible to suit my mood.

Thursday

Pub crawl; London Electricity (Glade Dome); Shanti Celeste B2B Danielle (Levels); Crazy P (Glade); Paranoid London (Levels); Leon Vynehall (San Remo); Daniel Avery B2B Richard Fearless (Glade)

Friday

Hot Chip; Glitterbox (Greenpeace); Liberators (Temple); spfdj (Temple) or Folamour (Nowhere); Paranoid London (Nowhere)

Saturday

Leftfield -> FBS; either Optimo (San Remo) and bed or Con Man (Stonebridge) -> Stanton Warriors (Bimble) or Analog Soul -> Ben UFO (Genosys) or that run at the Temple

Sunday

Reg; Astra Club -> Palms Trax (San Remo) or Underground Resistance (Iicon) -> Andy Cato -> Phil Hartnol (Flying Bus)

This last one likely to depend on the San Remo vibe. Never spent much time there (or in the Beat Hotel before it) but I've seen people saying it's a bit coke-y which isn't what I'm after.

9 minutes ago, VisionOfLove said:

There’s a couple of unannounced TBA’s after Shanti Celeste and Saoirse on Saturday evening (which is already a must see set for me) then the Common have posted this… interesting 

414BB3EC-A7D8-499A-BB48-C50BD8CAE7A9.png

Genuinely have no clue who this could be. Could it be Skrillex/Four Tet/Fred again? They did heavily imply that at their London shows. Obviously it would need x b2b x b2b for that to be the case on the line up but then I wonder if that would give it away. 

5 hours ago, TiZuff said:

temple is too small for skx x 4tet x fa ?!?!

Thing is they were hinting at being booked during their first shows in London.

Obviously since then they’ve gone stratospheric, but could they have been booked before this??

Temple is actually perfect in terms of keeping the crowds controlled as well, limited numbers so if you’re not “in” you’ll have to go elsewhere.