Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is awesome!

Maybe a bit optimistic but could the Saturday be missing a headliner?

edit: definitely optimistic haha - anyone know rough ticket price?

Beyer b2b Prydz *is* the headliner, I would say. That's two names that would regularly headline massive stages/festivals. 

Ben 

45 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just checked out some of Rupture's previous events. Nice. You go often?

Not as often as I would like - but musically it's right up my street. I used to be massively in to the scene - had a couple of labels, the lot. Fucking up my hearing put paid to that - but I'm loving just being a punter again (with ear plugs, obvs!)

57 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is awesome!

Maybe a bit optimistic but could the Saturday be missing a headliner?

edit: definitely optimistic haha - anyone know rough ticket price?

1st Release probably around the 30-40 range

Going all the way up to 60-70 for final release

Weekend starting at 80 probably going up to around 120?

Complete guesses, but assuming inflation gonna affect what I paid for in 2022

image.thumb.png.d50999c9e271b47adca7c446f5f7cde9.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

'Luckily' (so I don't have to be tempted), Mrs Benny and I will be in abroads for our (rather key) wedding anniversary. Don't ask how long...

Ben
x

Can not type this and not expect me to ask - how long

My Mum and Dad celebrate 72 years this march

Edited by fred quimby

33 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Not as often as I would like - but musically it's right up my street. I used to be massively in to the scene - had a couple of labels, the lot. Fucking up my hearing put paid to that - but I'm loving just being a punter again (with ear plugs, obvs!)

PM me some label links. Anything on Beatport? 

The DnB community was clearly rocked when Intalex passed. Very sad.

And yes to earplugs. Been using them for nearly a decade now. I've lost my high frequency hearing because of over thirty years in the bass bins. Won't leave home without my earplugs now.

42 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

First release took place in December. Got my Friday ticket for £49.50 (£55.95 inc fees)

30 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Can not type this and not expect me to ask - how long

My Mum and Dad celebrate 72 years this march

That is magnificent! Mrs B and me together 35 in March, married 30 in July 🥰

Ben

Edit - out of upvotes @fred quimby, so here's a virtual one 💙

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Beyer b2b Prydz *is* the headliner, I would say. That's two names that would regularly headline massive stages/festivals. 

Ben 

Yeah it was optimistic, just seems weird they don't have a logo / bigger font at least to make it more clear. I guess Underworld is live is the reasoning

56 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Almost wish I hadn't gotten tickets for Thursday as this was much closer & could have stayed till close. (left 10 mins early to catch the tube)

But did enjoy the intimacy of Camden & as it was the first night, did feel somewhat special. 

Somehow ended up on what I assume was the VIP balcony near the end, as I was next to Caribou, Kilimanjaro & Ahadadream. 😅

That sounds unreal and like you had a class night! I hope you enjoyed it!

5 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Junction 2 back at Boston Manor 4th time the charm?

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1375a84f4cfa487488e54122ef3da8.jpeg

I am all over that Saturday... WOW! Have heard reports of the event not having a great sound system though and sets being quite quiet, can anyone confirm or deny?

In other news, Exhale have announced their debut lineup for Manchester, am very very tempted!

FmIG33IXkBMlBIm.thumb.jpg.5a7a7c05d7a93a4c0668591890ecc514.jpg

45 minutes ago, stanh said:

That sounds unreal and like you had a class night! I hope you enjoyed it!

I am all over that Saturday... WOW! Have heard reports of the event not having a great sound system though and sets being quite quiet, can anyone confirm or deny?

In other news, Exhale have announced their debut lineup for Manchester, am very very tempted!

FmIG33IXkBMlBIm.thumb.jpg.5a7a7c05d7a93a4c0668591890ecc514.jpg

Why are they doing it at Bowlers of all places?! I suppose it's one of a few places of decent size. 

Edited by David_303

2 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Why are they doing it at Bowlers of all places?! I suppose it's one of a few places of decent size. 

Not too sure either, surprised WHP didn't do it at Mayfield Depot - suppose it is the off-season now there, so that may be why? But think this will be a pretty quick ticket seller. 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Its not happened at that location for like 4 years now due to licensing issues among other things, can't remember the details. As a result wouldn't consider the past too much

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its not happened at that location for like 4 years now due to licensing issues among other things, can't remember the details. As a result wouldn't consider the past too much

Ahhh fair enough, didn't realise it was different to where it had been recently. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't have the best ways into Glasto whispers but someone that might know what he's upto told me yesterday Mr Again is headlining the other stage 

Surely there's no way Monsieur Encore is big enough for that?? I know his star is in the exponential ascendency, but headlining Other? Come on...??! 

Ben

8 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't have the best ways into Glasto whispers but someone that might know what he's upto told me yesterday Mr Again is headlining the other stage 

Mad if true

Feels like should be West Holts though, having Justice, Jon Hopkins & Bicep having all headlined WH recently. Seems more fitting. 

Though I guess his current meteoric hype has him bigger than those artists above right now?