Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, payneruk said:

As this seems to be a thread that talks about all sorts of non-Glasto related stuff (but still dance). And there seems to be a  good community spirit here with reviews and what not. Do you guys stay on here all year round or just the run up to and come down for the festival?

Dunno really. The whole forum goes pretty quiet a few weeks after the fest and then picks up again in October when the sale rolls around. I guess if we all make an effort to post in the summer months it'll stay alive. It's not as if we all go home after glasto and sit on our hands for 4 months. I certainly have a few more festivals and gigs lined up.

Edited by Madyaker

I'm doing a Joe Goddard / Jon Hopkins Saturday. Still need to properly have a look at my potential DJ sets...

Actually, my current line up is looking a bit like this...

Thursday - Throwing Shade, Hunee or Stonebridge Bar, Kolsch, Seth Troxler

Friday - Greco-Roma Soundsystem, Blawan, Loefah, Youngsta

Saturday - R&S Records Takeover, Joe Goddard, Jon Hopkins, Bicep Takeoer, Pearson Sound, Guy Called Gerald, Steffi& Virginia

Sunday - Lobster Boy Takeover, Forest Swords, Justice, Kevin Saunderson

There will no doubt be tons more that I will remember or will have mates going to, still have tons of gaps but the line up is just too much for my little brain to take in at the moment! 

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I'm doing a Joe Goddard / Jon Hopkins Saturday. Still need to properly have a look at my potential DJ sets...

See Jon Hopkins after Joe was my other option. I'm going to go to Daniel Avery in Beat Hotel, so catching some of Fort Romeau and Jennifer Cardini is probably easier than heading to the Downlow and back 

See I've changed my mind already 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

See Jon Hopkins after Joe was my other option. I'm going to go to Daniel Avery in Beat Hotel, so catching some of Fort Romeau and Jennifer Cardini is probably easier than heading to the Downlow and back 

See I've changed my mind already 

Ah I forgot about Avery too, gaaaah! So much to see! Will no doubt just select a couple of must see sets and then just go with the flow, can't see me having a bad time at anything I go to in all honesty.

7 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Ah I forgot about Avery too, gaaaah! So much to see! Will no doubt just select a couple of must see sets and then just go with the flow, can't see me having a bad time at anything I go to in all honesty.

I'm in the same boat. As long as I see Hunee and Young Marco on the Thursday and Masters at Work on Sunday I'm pretty easy what happens the rest of the weekend 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm in the same boat. As long as I see Hunee and Young Marco on the Thursday and Masters at Work on Sunday I'm pretty easy what happens the rest of the weekend 

I've got plenty of crossover with other festivals I've got booked so it means I'm pretty relaxed thankfully. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Why not? You've got plenty of time there if you skirt the Pyramid and don't stop off on the way there! 

That's the spirit! Just thinking about travel time and then queues for SE corner itself plus queues for NYC Downlow...

There is a lot of temptation to just stay on the John Peel side of the site as well with Job Jobse at Wow and good stuff going on at the Beat Hotel...Thinking it will be a game-time decision.

46 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

See I'd say you'd be very hard pushed to make it to see much of Midland at all. 

I've decided Midland will be my Saturday headliner so to speak 

I respect that decision, and I respect that placement by NYC Downlow. Anyone who is in there will have made the dedicated decision to see him over any other headliners and that will no doubt make for a special environment. I just have to see Phoenix though

50 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

See I'd say you'd be very hard pushed to make it to see much of Midland at all. 

I've decided Midland will be my Saturday headliner so to speak 

Just listening to Midland for the first time and enjoying what I hear. Looks like my Saturday evening may well be:

Joe Goddard - Midland - Prosumer - Paranoid London - ???

Tasty.

I know that, thankfully, few of you are as tediously, obsessively organised as me, but does anyone have a pretty good idea by now of what they think they're doing for their dance nights?

Mine, as it stands are:

Thursday
Dave Seaman - James Monro - Seth Troxler (or Digweed if he's playing bollox!)

Friday
Jamie Jones - Bit of Bicep Live - (Radiohead) - Popof - Blown - Shed - Radioactive Man

Saturday
Possibly Spaceport TBA - Placid - Jon Hopkins - Attek (stopgap) - Heidi - Paranoid London - Steffi & Virginia

Sunday
Call Super b2b Job Jobs - Kackmaster b2b Jasper James - Kevin Saunderson - Felix/Secret Set at Gas Tower

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Why not? You've got plenty of time there if you skirt the Pyramid and don't stop off on the way there! 

I have a feeling you read this as "starts at 00:55" :lol:

with post-headliner traffic from JP down to SE Corner (plus others getting down there early), and NYC Downlow queuing, I'd be surprised if you made it in before the end.

thought Midland would get a Beat Hotel set tbh

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

with post-headliner traffic from JP down to SE Corner (plus others getting down there early), and NYC Downlow queuing, I'd be surprised if you made it in before the end.

I think it's probably because he goes to the festival as a punter he wants to keep the djing to a minimum 

8 minutes ago, your mother said:

Oo didn't spot this throwing shade set, thanks I've added it! Have you seen her before? I like her nts show but dunno what to expect from her sets

I'd heard of her, but not much by her so gave some sets a listen earlier and really enjoyed it, very eclectic and right up my street! 

34 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Haha yes I did. Yes, don't listen to me. 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm most keen on Hunne/Young Marco/Palms Trax Thursday and MAW Sunday too. Expecting heartbreak for MAW though doubt I'll get in on time.

10 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I'm most keen on Hunne/Young Marco/Palms Trax Thursday and MAW Sunday too. Expecting heartbreak for MAW though doubt I'll get in on time.

As much as they're one of my absolute must sees, getting locked out and having to watch Kevin Saunderson is no disaster at all. I think they've thought about that one well 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, your mother said:

I reckon I'm just gonna leave the jacksons a song or 2 early to get into the downlow, should be fine right?

I got in last year having watched the full James Blake set so I imagine you'll be alright.