Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

i'm new to this whole forum biz and haven't been to glasto in 7 years (this is my third one) but I would love to meet a few heads out next weekend (!) as i'm going to be alone after midnight most nights. is that a thing? obviously it's a lil bit of a thing, but it would be good to meet y'all at blawan/shed or kevin s. see you front left (:

This is my current night plan, possibly will all go out the window.

Thursday:
Hunee > Call Super > Dave Seaman > Wheel of Four Tunes > Digweed
Friday:
Heidi/Hessle > Mylo > Shed > Dan Shake
Saturday:
Joe Goddard > Jon Hopkins > Job Jobse > Prosumer > Heidi > Cab Drivers > Steffi & Virginia
Sunday:
Justice > Dave Seaman b2b Steve Parry > Gas Tower secret set

I really want to see prosumer, he's always been great when I've seen him before but I imagine getting in will be difficult. Sunday night isn't looking to great for me, hoping the gas tower secret set is up my street. Any suggestions for any gaps I have are greatly appreciated.

See you all for a dance!

6 hours ago, lia_m said:

i'm new to this whole forum biz and haven't been to glasto in 7 years (this is my third one) but I would love to meet a few heads out next weekend (!) as i'm going to be alone after midnight most nights. is that a thing? obviously it's a lil bit of a thing, but it would be good to meet y'all at blawan/shed or kevin s. see you front left (:

Hi Liam

Welcome to the forum and the thread. 

There aren't any 'plans' to meet up, but I have no doubt some of us will happen upon each other at the sort of sets you're going to. 

My plan is to give a bit of a description of myself next week and then people can come say hi if they like, but can just as easily not! I'm in a similar boat to you in that I have a brilliant group of friends at the festival, pretty much NONE of whom will be with me from 2-6am every night!

Keep an eye on this thread as people are starting to post the places they think they'll be at night. I'd say that Steffi & Virginia at Genosys 4-6am Sat night (Sun morning) seems to be one where many/most of the regulars on here will be. 

Anyway, more than happy for you to come over if you see me anytime. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

12 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Kiasmos and Rival Consoles doing Bristol in September: http://www.colstonhall.org/shows/erased-tapes-kiasmos-and-rival-consoles/

Thought it might be of interest to some of you on here :) 

Got tickets to the whole erased tapes is 10 shebang in London; looks like they're doing the same thing in Bristol? Haven't managed to see Kiasmos before so looking forward to it (as well as all the others)!

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hull has a sweet aquarium though

Ha! I was in Hull last year at the time I was training for a marathon. I went for a run late one night in the dark with no idea where I was and suddenly came across the silhouette of this impressive, imposing, angular building. Got a shock when I was face to face with a 20 foot shark.

That'll be the aquarium, then!

Ben

10 hours ago, TheBurns said:

This is my current night plan, possibly will all go out the window.

Thursday:
Hunee > Call Super > Dave Seaman > Wheel of Four Tunes > Digweed
Friday:
Heidi/Hessle > Mylo > Shed > Dan Shake
Saturday:
Joe Goddard > Jon Hopkins > Job Jobse > Prosumer > Heidi > Cab Drivers > Steffi & Virginia
Sunday:
Justice > Dave Seaman b2b Steve Parry > Gas Tower secret set

I really want to see prosumer, he's always been great when I've seen him before but I imagine getting in will be difficult. Sunday night isn't looking to great for me, hoping the gas tower secret set is up my street. Any suggestions for any gaps I have are greatly appreciated.

See you all for a dance!

If the gas tower secret set isn't up your street, Felix Dickinson is on late Sunday/early Monday. I believe he's a house DJ, but I only know him because my gf is friends with his neice. 

Depending on clashes/my party (going with my sister who's recovering from chemo), I'll be at Jon Hopkins, blawan, digital mystikz, wiki, benga, artwork, hessle, Pearson sound, Jamie xx, mylo, mike skinner, Thom Yorke 

Will probably bump into some of you but just as likely won't realise

1 hour ago, evannn said:

If the gas tower secret set isn't up your street, Felix Dickinson is on late Sunday/early Monday. I believe he's a house DJ, but I only know him because my gf is friends with his neice. 

Depending on clashes/my party (going with my sister who's recovering from chemo), I'll be at Jon Hopkins, blawan, digital mystikz, wiki, benga, artwork, hessle, Pearson sound, Jamie xx, mylo, mike skinner, Thom Yorke 

Will probably bump into some of you but just as likely won't realise

I could very well end up a Felix Dickinson but I just want to check out the gas tower and don't think I'll be there at any point prior.

Just now, The60ftOctopus said:

Where did this info come from? I see there's a special guest DJ straight after Radiohead play?

I don't actually ever think I've been to the engine room. 

From Neil, so worth entertaining.

On 13/06/2017 at 11:34 AM, eFestivals said:

there's supposedly a secret thom Yorke DJ set. Supposedly on Friday or Saturday night, in one of the Greenpeace tents.

8 minutes ago, Cieran said:

I'm looking forward to these ambient sessions going on in the Greenpeace engine room each night. 3am - 7am, with Mixmaster Morris and Coldcut playing. 

Yeah I was eyeing them up too, sounds like a nice to come down for a while before going back to your tent for some shut eye.

Just looking at the greenpeace engine room schedule on friday, they have a special guest DJ slot starting at half 1, an hour after Radiohead's set ends......

Edited by Madyaker

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

From Neil, so worth entertaining.

Neil was just repeating what someone else said a few days ago, AFAIK.

the person said that it was one of the TBAs in the Engine Room one night, and Jarvis Cocker has since taken the Saturday one, so the only other left is the Friday one, 45mins after Radiohead finish.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Neil was just repeating what someone else said a few days ago, AFAIK.

the person said that it was one of the TBAs in the Engine Room one night, and Jarvis Cocker has since taken the Saturday one, so the only other left is the Friday one, 45mins after Radiohead finish.

Cool, hadn't seen the whole story. Could be worth a shout if the crew is slow to galvanise and we've written off Hunee's NYCD slot.