Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

working on a clothes and sequin stall so got to do a shift every day so going to have to miss some stuff depending on shifts but this is what i've got so far.

Thursday

Eats > artwork b2b dusky b2b lemmy > funktion 1 soundfield > mella dee > hunee/maybe leave early for call super > kolsch > either troxler or diggs

Friday

hacienda > arts house > bit of mele just to see arcadia/ jamie jones > bicep > doublscotch > popof > blawan > shed > radioactive man

Saturday

r&s > tennis > sasha & diggs > avery > steffi & virginia

Sunday

chic > peggy > cull super b2b jobse > artwork > jackmaster b2b jasper james > felix dickinson or gas tower secret set

first glasto so if anyone reckons ill struggle getting in to see someone on that list give me a shout so i can rearrange. 

Beyond excited now though, ill be arriving on the monday!

1 hour ago, PullingDoorsMakedPush said:

Where's the love for Sasha and Digweed in this thread?

Who seeing them?

Huge love here. Going to be amazing. Also looking forward to Sasha on the Friday he is on the best form he has been since 2005. To be honest I'm not keen on Digweed on his own but seems to work when its with Sasha. I would suggest getting to both early it will be rammed. 

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread but...

I'm looking for something to head to post headliners on Saturday night, for the other nights I have the likes of Eats Everything, Kölsch, Fabio and Grooverider, Bicep, Joe Goddard, Jamie XX and Hercules & Love Affair.

THANKS! :D

17 minutes ago, J1990 said:

Kevin Saunderson has pulled out on doctors orders. 

Only increases the number wanted to see MAW, unless they have a big replacement.

thats shit.

Also, looks like the Essential Mix is coming live from the BBC Introducing Stage according to Richy Ahmed. I guess they haven't advertised it to try and keep numbers down.

28 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

I'm looking for something to head to post headliners on Saturday night, for the other nights I have the likes of Eats Everything, Kölsch, Fabio and Grooverider, Bicep, Joe Goddard, Jamie XX and Hercules & Love Affair.

Saturday is probably the busiest night for myself and probably a lot of us here, actually. You'll struggle to go wrong in a number of places. From the sounds of your list, perhaps consider (some repeat names)

• WOW! - Hunee and Antal, Job Jobse, Job O b2b Solar 
  • Stonebridge - Bicep & friends all night
  • Rocket Lounge - Futureboogie present all night

Otherwise:

• Genosys - Heidi and Steffi & Virginia  <---- there will be good representation of Electronia/Dance thread at Genosys. Lots of tasteful house.
  • NYC Downlow - Prosumer & Midland  -- this will be very disco and very fun, but hard to get into.
  • Beat Hotel - Space Dimension Controller, Fort Romeau b2b Jennifer Cardini (expect to see me and Mez at the front #tapsaff) and Daniel Avery -- first two are extremely fun and danceable, Daniel Avery will be heavier.
  • Jon Hopkins on Arcadia -- this will possibly be the hardest the Arcadia rig will get pushed all weekend
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Saturday is probably the busiest night for myself and probably a lot of us here, actually. You'll struggle to go wrong in a number of places. From the sounds of your list, perhaps consider (some repeat names)

• WOW! - Hunee and Antal, Job Jobse, Job O b2b Solar 
  • Stonebridge - Bicep & friends all night
  • Rocket Lounge - Futureboogie present all night

Otherwise:

• Genosys - Heidi and Steffi & Virginia  <---- there will be good representation of Electronia/Dance thread at Genosys. Lots of tasteful house.
  • NYC Downlow - Prosumer & Midland  -- this will be very disco and very fun, but hard to get into.
  • Beat Hotel - Space Dimension Controller, Fort Romeau b2b Jennifer Cardini (expect to see me and Mez at the front #tapsaff) and Daniel Avery -- first two are extremely fun and danceable, Daniel Avery will be heavier.
  • Jon Hopkins on Arcadia -- this will possibly be the hardest the Arcadia rig will get pushed all weekend

Wow amazing selection, thank so much! I'll give everything a YouTube and see whats what! :D

38 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

Stonebridge Bar for Bicep, Job Jobse and Hammer to name a few 

Just now, mattiosmith said:

I don't know how I missed Feel My Bicep on there! I'll definitely be hitting that up, how busy does Stonebridge get post-headliners? I've only been really late or pre.

Not too bad - especially with the selection on Saturday, it'll be very manageable

I dont get the Jamie XX set @ 11.30 on sunday. Isnt that going to be totally fucking rammed?!?!!? straight after ed sheeran aswell?? 

Im thinking of heading down there but we will be on west holts for justice. is there any point?? Or should we just head into SE Corner to get in early for MAW?

I think it'll be mobbed yeah. It starts before either headliners finish so I think if you're sharp you're guaranteed to get in about it, especially down the front 

The prize for getting into the Downlow area about 4.30am on Saturday morning, (Friday on timetable)  is tremendous. 

James Hillard in the Downlow itself and Dan Shake in the Meat Rack. You won't be able to move for the groove 

Anyone reckon Bicep might be given that Floating Points, Bonobo, Four Tet Park Slot in 2019? Their debut album is out in September and they've just announced a pretty decent sized tour.

I imagine if they continue as they are through the next 2 years it's not impossible

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone reckon Bicep might be given that Floating Points, Bonobo, Four Tet Park Slot in 2019? Their debut album is out in September and they've just announced a pretty decent sized tour.

I imagine if they continue as they are through the next 2 years it's not impossible

I think in theory they night turn out to be a bit smaller than expected. This album seems like it's been so long in the waiting, it's obviously going to be a hit. But I'd expect the bubble to be burst by 2019

People in the know I was wondering if you could help out if I have missed anyone who should be on my list to see

Who I like: DJ Koze, Ame, Dixon, Tale of Us, Mind Against, Four Tet, Ben UFO, George Fitzgerald, Thugfucker, Session Victim, The Drifter, Mano Le Tough, Kink, Axel Boman

Who is on my list: Call Super, Hunee, Young Marco, Palms Trax, Seth Troxler, Midland, Henrik Schwarz, Shed, Dan Shake, Eats Everything, DJ Tennis, Job Jobse, Daniel Avery, Fort Romeau B2B Jennifer Cardini, Cab Drivers, Master at Work

Only just seen the posts above re: Kevin Saunderson. That is a real bugger. He's proper techno royalty  :(

Well, that means a Sunday night cabinet reshuffle. Work to be done

Re: Sasha and Digweed - when they were announced I assumed they'd be my Saturday headliner, but I actually rather love Arcadia, and with its rather soft (for me) line up this year, the chance to see Jon Hopkins when the Spider shouldn't be uncomfortably rammed is just too much of a pull. 

Anyone else 'defInitely' heading there on Saturday? I think it's pretty much just me from here!!

Ben

6 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

I don't think it's worth my time at Arcadia, with Critical Sound going on the Clash stage at 11. By the end of Hopkins the SE corner might be at capacity. 

That worries me a little too. I may bottle it and, at 2345h when the three mains finish, might just properly leg it from Arcadia to make sure I get into the SEC without issues. My first proper set is Heidi at 0130h, so as long as I'm in, I should be ok around Block9. 

Ben