Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

where is good for a 90s euro-dance hour? Does that exist, in the way baggy mondays do a madchester style hour, does a euro-dance set exist anywhere?

24 minutes ago, palebluedot88 said:

What are the chances of Underworld being announced late?

Just been added to forwards festival line up, touring atm and been a few years since they played.

Nowhere left for them to play slots wise

14 minutes ago, palebluedot88 said:

Could play a secret set in woodsies, I suppose they would be nothing less than headliners though on woodsies, west holts, park, even the other 

Theres no way they are headlining other nowadays - they just got announced for Forwards where they are 3rd down

20 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm not on IG - any chance you could pop a link or two on here @nikkic? Something that you think might interest me!

Ben

Hello mate

So fish56octagon is a DJ who has gained loads of popularity on Instagram recently. 

He essentially has a huge vinyl collection amassed over the last 30 years. His whole thing is simply him posting clips of amazing tunes.

He’s really likeable, posts about multiple genres and just loves dance music, which is infectious. 

His live sets seem to be varied, so no guarantees what he’ll play, but he loves a trance banger. 

I listened to this today and enjoyed it very much…..

https://on.soundcloud.com/uxCg8XfkLZdusZzg8

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e_p said:

Can he actually mix? He’s also a car YouTuber. Insurance or something?

yes and yes

he's a bit rusty but generally knows what he's doing - he's not played to audiences for quite a few years i think

Edited by gfa

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think I must be the only person who just can't get on board with the Fish Octagon guy. I love his obvious passion for the music but just find him a little odd. I suppose that's part of his charm. It's my problem, not his, of course. All power to him and his deserved success. 

I think that's his charm, quirky guy with a huge passion for all things electronica. 

I love the simplicity of his videos, there's so much hyper edited over zealous sh*t out there now, that a bloke in his dressing gown and crocs whacking our trance at 8am seems a breath of fresh air!

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think I must be the only person who just can't get on board with the Fish Octagon guy. I love his obvious passion for the music but just find him a little odd. I suppose that's part of his charm. It's my problem, not his, of course. All power to him and his deserved success. 

He’s definitely more than a little odd but I guess that’s the appeal. I think his sets will be a lot of fun. 

No idea what he’s like as a DJ but you couldn’t fault his musical knowledge or enthusiasm. 

Edited by Madyaker

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

He’s definitely more than a little odd but I guess that’s the appeal. I think his sets will be a lot of fun. 

He looks like he's living for it and I'm here for that attitude! Think he's going to be great. 

No Morningside on Stonebridge. Where's he gonna be do we think? Reckon he could be in the wings for Daphni on Stonebridge - Dan was on the sidelines for him last year. 

Screenshot_2024-05-15-13-59-00-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by Talcroft
Typo

52 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

No Morningside on Stonebridge. Where's he gonna be do we think? Reckon he could be in the wings for Daphni on Stonebridge - Dan was on the sidelines for him last year. 

Screenshot_2024-05-15-13-59-00-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He has not shown up any wear yet so I'm starting to suspect he is having a year off

• Upvote 1

He did play 4 times in 2022 (that I could count but I'm pretty sure there were more) and at least 2 last year so I guess. But Glasto without Kieran isn't complete. Been following him round the fields since my early days (he was on 4 times in 2008 or 9) 😥

On 5/14/2024 at 10:41 PM, e_p said:

Can he actually mix? He’s also a car YouTuber. Insurance or something?

Is he not a promoter too? I’ve watched some of his vids and he seems to be doing very well for himself! I’m sure one of them seemed to be him in a swimming pool, in his own house! 

Andy C on Arcadia after Alt J in (2013?) is one of my absolute highlights. I love Andy but his sets now just dont cut it compared to 2009-2014 era. The Arcadia show was amazing just before. I remember the flames burning my already burnt face front her sun

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Is he not a promoter too? I’ve watched some of his vids and he seems to be doing very well for himself! I’m sure one of them seemed to be him in a swimming pool, in his own house! 

he mentioned in a previous video that he works in marketing full time too