2015 wish lists?

riverlodge

EOTR replied to a Tweet saying that there's about another 2 dozen acts to be announced (before the end of March), including to more Garden Stage headliners (Mark Lanegan being the first, I assume). So presumably MMJ will sub one of the Woods headliners, and we've still got at least a couple of meaty additions to come.

Hell of a line-up already. It's going to be clash-tastic!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It keeps getting better. I personally really like Circuital and will be hoping for the storming "Holdin' on for Black Metal".

Chuffed to be seeing Foxbase Alpha live. One of those albums that reminds me of a real place and time - being a graduate and going to the Indy clubs of London for the first time (such as The Dome at Tuffnell Park).

Top of the bill is impressive, and I reckon My Morning Jacket is a fantastic booking, even though I would be far more excited about them 8 years ago.

The undercard is a bit hit-and-miss for me. The only names which really excite me are Ought, Fumaça Preta, Sleaford Mods, BC Camplight and Jacco Gardner. I keep listening to the Natalie Prass and Pond albums expecting to be blown away, but I eventually lose interest around track 4 or 5, which is surprising in the former case given that I loved Matthew E. White's Big Inner.

Still more names to come, hoping for Makthaverskan and Protomartyr!

It's Mark Lanegan v Sufjan on the Saturday isn't it? Tame Impala headlining Friday and WOD on the Sunday.

Really enjoyed checking out some of the newly announced acts today. Particularly enjoyed the Kevin Morby album.

Tame Impala against Mark Lanegan is not a great clash.

Not really a fan of either.

. I keep listening to the Natalie Prass and Pond albums expecting to be blown away, but I eventually lose interest around track 4 or 5, which is surprising in the former case given that I loved Matthew E. White's Big Inner!

I know what you mean about the much lauded Natalie Prass album but I've seen her twice this week with a Ryan Adams and she was a revelation! Her voice is far more powerful than the album suggests, she can really perform and the songs took on greater depth and power live! She will be perfect for an afternoon Garden Stage slot!

Also just seen War On Drugs tonight and their sound was massive and full - can't wait to hear that across the Woods field

Not a chance it would be Florence. Just because she's at Electric Picnic? Why not say we're getting the Manics and Underworld as well then?

If we are looking at the EP line-up and thinking who might fit EOTR's bill, the aforementioned Battles would be nice, as would Ride, Jon Hopkins and Low (would they ever get invited back after the guitar incident?)

Looks as if Black Grape will be re-forming according to this:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/black-grape-reunion-shaun-ryder-8757498

In the article Shaun Ryder states that -

"In the months ahead, Shaun reckons Black Grape will play 20 festivals and announce a full international tour for 2016."

Are they the sort of band that you would like to see playing at EOTR?

I've seen them once a fair few years ago, I don't know if was the music or the hostile atmosphere of the crowd, but it was one of my worst musical experiences.