2015 wish lists?

riverlodge

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courteney Barnett, Twilight Sad and Dengue Fever have new albums out prior to the festival and would get my vote. The latter were lined up to play a few years back, pulling out at the last minute. No idea if any of them are touring in September though, as none of them are posting anything later than April/May at the moment.

Courteney Barnett, Twilight Sad and Dengue Fever have new albums out prior to the festival and would get my vote. The latter were lined up to play a few years back, pulling out at the last minute. No idea if any of them are touring in September though, as none of them are posting anything later than April/May at the moment.

Courtney Barnett is a Green Man UK Festival exclusive, so while I fully agree that she'd have been a great and obvious addition to EOTR, it ain't gonna happen this year.

Thankyou!

I'll let you know how I get on

Wow

im gobsmacked! Illinois is incredible! Ive had it on repeat for the last few days and cant stop thinking about it

I feel like a kid again!

I really enjoyed Michigan too. So bright and fresh

Swans sounded good too but was quite morose after the colour in Illanois. Probably come back to it once ive exhausted thesr other two.

age of adz makes alot more sense now too

thanks!

I'm a bit worried about Sufjan, for some of the reasons hinted at above. He's a massive capture for the festival and a "must see" of genius proportions certainly. I just think I might get bored after about 5 songs if he meanders into too much morose stuff. I really want to enjoy it, but I can see myself slinking off to the Garden Stage if there's something with more guitars and rhythm happening. A couple of years ago I went to see Jonathan Richman hoping for all the old hits and he never played a single one. I fear that Sufjan will also take the artistic line rather than playing the crowd-pleasers. Who knows, but I'll be there to find out.

Really strong first announcement so ticket bought!

Really hoping second announcement has

Decemberists

Father John Misty

Bob Mould

Thurston Moore

Strand of Oaks

Angus and Julia Stone

Joana Serrat

Afghan Whigs

Augustines

That would do nicely!