This Year At Glastonbury Festival, I didn't...

Guest stuartbert two hats

As we know, Glastonbury festival is far too large to see or do everything in one year. What glaring omissions do you have this year? I'll start it off.

This year at Glastonbury Festival, I didn't:

• See a whole set at JP ( popped my head in for Drenge, then went to The Park to see Courtney Barnett).
  • Go to Acoustic (I usually don't, to be fair)
  • See Dreadzone (AGAIN!!)
  • Have a good night's sleep.
  • Have a hangover.
  • And the biggie - Go to West Holts/drink any Brothers (I walked through the field before any bands were on).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we know, Glastonbury festival is far too large to see or do everything in one year. What glaring omissions do you have this year? I'll start it off.

• See a whole set at JP ( popped my head in for Drenge, then went to The Park to see Courtney Barnett).
  • Have a hangover.
  • And the biggie - Go to West Holts/drink any Brothers (I walked through the field before any bands were on).

You didn't drink any Brothers??????

World, foundations, rocking.....

I didn't see anyone on the Park stage, sadly. We'd planned to see Vance Joy and Jagwar Ma but rain and the half hour walk from our campsite put us off. Quite glad we missed Vance Joy though as it meant we ended up seeing Reignwolf in JP who was great, though I was a bit disappointed to miss Jagwar Ma, still not seen them live! The other bands playing there that I wanted to see, Metronomy, St. Vincent, Anna Calvi, Parquet Courts etc all clashed.

• Go to the Underground Piano Bar (again)
  • Stay up for sunrise at the Stone Circle (again)
  • Leave after the final act on Sunday (left just before - again)
  • Have a hangover (again)
  • Make it to the Rabbit Hole/Circus/Theatre/Cabaret/Acoustic/NYC Downlow....ah well, there's always next time!

• Have a hangover.

Yours is pretty similar to mine!

I still haven't seen Dreadzone at Glastonbury. Mind you, it took me 5 years to finally see The Beat there...

I did see Royal Blood at JP, my first ever band there!

I also saw a couple of bands at West Holts but didnt go to the Brothers Bar. Next time!

First time this year so spent a lot of time getting my barings.

Missed St Vincent and John Grant but seeing them later in the year.

Didn't do the rabbit hole or Strummerville. - next year

Queued for the Piano bar but gave up as it was 6am and we were all knackered.

Didn't try as much food as I wanted - pesky rained everytime I wanted to try something new. Eventually got churros on the Sunday.

Didnt drink any cider cos it makes me ill. :(

Didn't go to the green fields / stone circle at all this year but did do a night in Shangri La (Rocket Lounge) which I've never done before. I never go to circus / acoustic fields so I don't feel like I've missed out by not going this year.

I didn't see any bands at the Park stage this year (although spent a few hours in the crows nest Saturday morning-which was great)

I also didn't get to the acoustic tent this year and so I missed out on the ales in the bar next to it as well.

I didn't get to see Royal Blood.

I did see lots of great bands though and discovered hot spicy cider, so no regrets :-)

A) Didn't see anyone on The Park

B) Didn't end up in the SE corner at all this year :( ...I did plan to 2 or 3 times but just didn't end up there sadly and from pictures Shangri-La looked much improved and brilliant and the common just keeps on impressing!

C) Therefore I never got to the UV paint fight in the cave again. (Again)

C)See Sunrise (again)

D) Didn't spend enough time in the nice and friendly parts of the site.

Edited by LondonTom

I didn't:

• Go to the John Peel tent
  • Go to Silver Hayes - apart from walking through on Wednesday
  • See enough of Arcade Fire - dragged elsewhere
  • Get drunk - that was planned to be more sober than usual
  • Rabbit Hole - the only chance I had went, as a longish queue dissuaded me
  • Properly do Strummerville (Didn't seem the same now relocated)
  • I didn't see all my friends I'd planned to, and catching up with some I missed last year ended up being too much time and effort for the amount of time we were together! bah!

However much of what I wanted to do happened:

• Avoided the Pyramid & Other stages in the main (Had enough of the crowds and few unmissables)
  • Saw plenty at Avalon, West Holts & Acoustic
  • Plenty of time at Green Futures, Croissant Neuf etc
  • I slept brilliantly (Campervan this year)

I didn't:

Get further than the Beat Hotel up that way. Missed all JP and Silver Hayes again.

Enjoy Shangri La as much as usual. The corridors were missing weren't they?

See a really really good band on the Sunday. The Wailers disappointed and Dolly and the Bonobo / Disclosure double were good but nothing blew me away.

Not have an Eartha in my tent :ninja: