Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hang on a min, Ben Howard is headlining the 2nd stage at Parklife and headlining Wilderness while alt-j headline Latitude and probably sub Reading and Leeds. Maybe arena shows aren't the be all and end all? Didn't we hear alt-j had been offered the headline slot months ago? "No thanks, we would like to sub Ben Howard though".

You also heard a while back on hear that Alt-J's management weren't sure apparently about a headline option.

For the record, Gazza PM'd me a prediction last month that had alt-J headlining the Other Stage and Ben Howard subbing it, and also said "I don't see Ben Howard subbing myself, he's not actually headlining Parklife, somehow, I'm not sure how but a 2nd stage header isn't subbing at Glasto. An actual Parklife header has only done 3rd main/sub other equivalent and I don't see him different."

So I'm not sure why he's now suggesting Ben Howard's way bigger and that alt-J are more likely to sub than him, when nothing has changed between then and now.

Will, for one, that was still when there wasn't anything to suggest different to headline. Ask Mezhyp1 and dentalplan, I have said for a LONG time now I maybe didn't see them headline.

You're reading wrong, I'm not suggesting either is way bigger as you put it and I've said both to sub. Where are you getting that from? I've never thought Ben Howard would play above sub at any point for this year.

Wish list

Chems

Placebo

Beck

Hot Chip

Faithless

Iggy Pop

Realistically

Not that

Beck were actually a choice but some didn't seem to think he might be big enough now to headline.

This wouldn't be far off my wish list as well, I really hope that there's not someone I want to see with Kanye clashing

Ive tried to get into kanye over the last few days, but it just doesn't do it for me. Im hoping someone I like is agaist him. I have re-thought and would rather Morissey headline other, but can't see it happening

Neil, what's your info on Alt-J now? i thought the other day you seemed to have info that someone else was headlining the Other on Sunday?

I don't mean to be funny or anything but just because an act is listed for that stage and bumped to TBC doesn't automatically mean it's for a headline spot.

i think morrissey as an other headliner would be great, but I think he is more of a pyramid act. its not beyond the realms of possibility but i just dont see it. but i dont know who else could do it.

going up against foos would split the crowd in such a way that I think the festival strategically would want to. No doubt someone will now say that mozza is booked in europe on the friday.

one more small thing is that I think mozza's current UK arena tour wraps up inside the next week or so, leaving him open to being announced. Tickets are still being flogged for his gig in leeds tonight as i understand, for example.

anyway, we will know inside the next 2 weeks. (thats my guess anyway)

fri / sat/ sun

morrissey / new act with someone older beneath them / chemical brothers

Edited by Memory Man

I don't mean to be funny or anything but just because an act is listed for that stage and bumped to TBC doesn't automatically mean it's for a headline spot.

true, but Neil had info a long time back that they may have been offered the Other headlining spot, and people seem to think that is their level.

perhaps Scottie has got some info that they're definitely playing and that's why they're now tbc.

personally, i really hope they're not headlining the Other as i find them dreadfully dull.

Edited by ghostdancer1

true, but Neil had info a long time back that they may have been offered the Other headlining spot, and people seem to think that is their level.

perhaps Scottie has got some info that they're definitely playing and that's why they're now tbc.

personally, i really hope they're not headlining the Other as i find them dreadfully dull.

Ah I agree with all that dude. I don't think they will be and yes they are. They are now actually not on any specific stage but it'll clearly be out of the two.

we believe we've had trust-able info that they're definitely playing, recently.

Separately, a long long time ago, someone fairly random told us they were headlining Other. We have no idea if that person's info is good or not.

Edited by eFestivals

Will, for one, that was still when there wasn't anything to suggest different to headline. Ask Mezhyp1 and dentalplan, I have said for a LONG time now I maybe didn't see them headline.

Il back you up on this Gazza

Ive tried to get into kanye over the last few days, but it just doesn't do it for me. Im hoping someone I like is agaist him. I have re-thought and would rather Morissey headline other, but can't see it happening

I would take morrisey headlining against Kanye all day long, I have next to interest in morrisey at all

You're reading wrong, I'm not suggesting either is way bigger as you put it and I've said both to sub. Where are you getting that from? I've never thought Ben Howard would play above sub at any point for this year.

Actually fuck it; I typed a full response to this but there have been way too many instances recently of me doing this and you not getting what I say whatsoever.

Also yeah Mezhyp, I'm sure he said the same to me. I'm just saying there was one instance of him predicting alt-J to headline and Ben Howard to sub, so I don't get why he's now ridiculing the notion of Ben Howard being able to sub and not alt-J.

Actually fuck it; I typed a full response to this but there have been way too many instances recently of me doing this and you not getting what I say whatsoever.

Also yeah Mezhyp, I'm sure he said the same to me. I'm just saying there was one instance of him predicting alt-J to headline and Ben Howard to sub, so I don't get why he's now ridiculing the notion of Ben Howard being able to sub and not alt-J.

I'm saying a perfectly decent example against the idea that if Ben Howard can sub, Alt-J equally can too. I'm not saying this/that is not going to happen, my opinion of what may or may not is all, jeezus man. It's a forum, calm the fuck down. If I said the same to you?, then why are you coming in here big saying oh Gazza said for them to headline one time AGES ago?, probably with Howard below (back when it was the only considered info and there was no reason to not along with everyone else). Howard has always been a Other sub for me and for a LONG time also on the Saturday, whether he will be who knows. You might be the one not getting it?, you're contradicting yourself!

it's gazza. He only does idiot of one level or another.

Was actually right on the error in your post you made though wasn't I. The fact I've done nothing for you're response to this and there was no malice in my comment to you're post makes this a bit of a twat of a comment! I'm not surprised, disappointed yeah.

• 2 weeks later...