This might be the Sunday.

I think what raw said about IOW and Download being in direct competition is true and I couldn't either booker wanting them doing both.

if there's 2 days between them and Foo dates (as there has been) - that will be 1st June, with AC/DC the third headliner at Slane?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what raw said about IOW and Download being in direct competition is true and I couldn't either booker wanting them doing both.

I think Muse are more interested at staying at the top of their game and do as many festivals in their window as possible - not all acts are as slack as Biffy Clyro

• 2 weeks later...

Fleetwood Mac?

Apparently JG said he'd been after this act for years.

They are in the country, got the saturday and Sunday free not playing again till the Tuesday.

Could be why they didn't do glasto; took a 'festival exclusive' and a big sum of cash for IOW.

Obviously they have five? 02 shows so goes against the whole 'not gonna book bands with london summer shows' but there seems to be crazy demand for them as they sell out pretty much every show they announce, despite ridiculously high prices.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by GuitarManDan15

Sensible enough shout. If he's been after the act for years then it's unlikely to be an act that's appeared as recently as Kasabian or The Strokes plus Fleetwood Mac have comfortably sold out all their shows now while The Who seem to have struggled with their arena tour and have that big Hyde Park show. There may also be the chance of The Black Keys as I believe he's been after them for years and they're in Europe either side of the festival but they would be a very optimistic headline option (they could still easily sub) and Giddings doesn't tend to take risks. I'd go with Fleetwood Mac too.

RHCP weren't around and still played I suppose. I think he'll shy away from booking new headliners again but it probably won't be long until he has to.

Would this work?

THE STROKES

Fatboy Slim (closing main)

Royal Blood

FLEETWOOD MAC

Spandau Ballet

Emeli Sandé

KASABIAN

The Black Keys

Bastille

with The Strokes and FM as UK fest exclusives and Kasabian English ones?

Edited by dentalplan