• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Keys:

"The Black Keys are headlining the Isle of Wight Festival in England on June 11-14, 2015.

Tickets available Friday, December 5th at 9a: click here.

The exact performance date will be announced soon."

http://www.theblackkeys.com/news/isle-wight-festival-21231

yet IOW Facebook states: "Friday night is all about The Prodigy and multi-platinum US rock duo The Black Keys."

I'd tend to agree, seems weird that the band are unaware what day they are appearing on though.

It's probably just mis-communication somewhere I'd have thought?

Pharrell is subbing whoever is headlining on the Saturday. Would be a bit weird if it's either The Strokes or Kasabian tbh...

But The Prodigy could have easily headlined on their own so it isn't any of those reasons.

aye, they basically have three proper headliners (Fleetwood, Prodigy, unannounced act) and an act who isn't quite a headliner, but will be soon, so instead of lumping them as a sub, they're giving them a chance to shine (and also, having a co-headliner instead of a regular headliner and a sub looks a lot better on the lineup)

I don't think he is really given a choice with presumably how much Fleetwood Mac costed

Anyway the rest of the line up surely will suffer as a result of this co headliner and FM

Of course he had a choice. The Prodigy could have had a standard sub and he'd have saved money. Giving them a co-headliner isn't a situation he was forced into by having no money left.

Of course he had a choice. The Prodigy could have had a standard sub and he'd have saved money. Giving them a co-headliner isn't a situation he was forced into by having no money left.

That is not what I meant :P

I was more on about giving a new band a headline spot, something which Giddings is persistent that it isn't his responsibility (probably still wrong anyway)

That is not what I meant :P

I was more on about giving a new band a headline spot, something which Giddings is persistent that it isn't his responsibility (probably still wrong anyway)

But you said he didn't have a choice other than to have a new headliner, because he'll be paying FM so much...

In this case having The Black Keys headline has probably cost more than if they didn't, so it's the complete opposite.